One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-31 21:36:55

zeakz

A way to make donkey town more enjoyable for everyone

ok, so donkey town sucks and is basically hours of eating food waiting for it to end. Make it so all players in donkey town are on server 1 or something so there can be cursed towns so us cursed players can at least play the game.

#2 2018-10-31 22:30:44

Re: A way to make donkey town more enjoyable for everyone

i haven't ever been to donkey town myself, but i agree ^^

#3 2018-10-31 22:59:11

Aname

Maybe let the cursed players in server one but let them spawn really far away from other towns and eves. He can get kids its just his choice if he want to build a village and take care of the kids or not. And he only can get back in his own lineage when is dies of old age.  And if he fails to die of old age and if he fails to leave a girl alive he wont be able to spawn back in his village and has to start over.

This way he can live in some sort of family and he can feel responsible because you dont want youre lineage too die right? And if he wont do that them he has to just start over and over as an eve.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#4 2018-10-31 23:14:20

zeakz

Aname wrote:

Maybe let the cursed players in server one but let them spawn really far away from other towns and eves. He can get kids its just his choice if he want to build a village and take care of the kids or not. And he only can get back in his own lineage when is dies of old age.  And if he fails to die of old age and if he fails to leave a girl alive he wont be able to spawn back in his village and has to start over.

This way he can live in some sort of family and he can feel responsible because you dont want youre lineage too die right? And if he wont do that them he has to just start over and over as an eve.

well yeah most eves spawn far away from other eves anyways. i do hope jason consideres this because it wouldnt be hard at all its just same normal village mechanics plus moving all donkey town players to 1 server so you can actualy build a village if ur bored or to kill time

#5 2018-10-31 23:38:54

UnnoticedShadow

If Jason really wanted to make it fun, he would make you able to spawn at base when dying of old age, though it is his choice if he wants it to be a form of isolation or plain old torture

#6 2018-11-01 05:18:22

Stylingirl

Yes, the point of Donkey Town is a punishment. You're not there to have fun, you're there to be alone with your thoughts and suffer like you made others suffer. If you want to play on server 1, then don't get sent to Donkey Town in the first place.

#7 2018-11-01 06:20:05

sarannwrap

Stylingirl wrote:

Yes, the point of Donkey Town is a punishment. You're not there to have fun, you're there to be alone with your thoughts and suffer like you made others suffer. If you want to play on server 1, then don't get sent to Donkey Town in the first place.

If a griefer you kill is lying about you before death in a very crowded area, it is definitely possible and likely you could be sent there while having good intentions.  Even if you are constantly yelling "This brat just killed someone."  It is bound to happen sooner or later if you have any interest in saving a town, which I am convinced is a big reason towns die off from griefers...

People don't want to go to donkey since the griefer and his/her identity isn't yet obviously a major problem that the town is extremely aware and vigilant of, but it is instead in the very beginning stages.  Griefers tend to kill several people before anyone cares.. "Oh ANOTHER person died, whodunnit? Oh there is this dude with a bloody knife calmly speaking and the suspicious lady who let all her babies die while sharpening blanks is yelling 'killer,' so it must be the guy!"
Honestly though, if you're dedicated to the game enough, you'll just tell people to think before cursing and get more than a little miffed.  People don't think in this game really, but hey nobody really thinks through their actions in real life either, albeit usually more minor than murder of course. hmm 

I do agree that donkey shouldn't be fun though.  I would rather sit there innocent and miserable than let griefers rule the whole game.

#8 2018-11-01 15:50:13

Stylingirl

It's already an established fact you cannot be accidentally sent to Donkey Town. People have a hard enough time being sent there on purpose, and if it's your first time in Donkey Town then you will now get less time than a repeat offender. Donkey Town may be boring but it's not the end of the world.

#9 2018-11-01 17:20:37

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Donkey town is on server1.  It's just very far away.  Actually, it's on every server, whatever server you join.  Most people are currently on server1 by default.

I don't recall coding a special case for old-age death respawn.  It should still be affecting Donkey Town residents (if you are Eve, and die of old age, you should respawn near your bones when you are Eve next.  I just checked the code, and it should work.

FINALLY, how many players has this EVER affected in all history?

Only 81 players.

Out of the 3300 players who have played the game since Donkey Town was added.

That is 2%.

98% of players have not been affected by Donkey Town, at all, ever.

So it is indeed a very vocal, very small minority that is complaining about it.

#10 2018-11-01 19:03:28

Turnipseed

And the people complaining were asshats to end up there anyway

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#11 2018-11-01 20:47:54

Roblor

I don't like the word punishment. . .

I would rather think of it, as a defence, for the players who are friendly.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#12 2018-11-02 05:33:33

FeverDog

Board footer