One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-27 23:05:15

UnnoticedShadow

Do Dogs STILL not decay?

According to OneTech, only German Shepherds and Pit Bulls (shot) disappear with time.  So are dogs STILL broken, or have they been fixed?

#2 2018-09-28 01:22:49

ShadouFireborn

Re: Do Dogs STILL not decay?

OneTech is gospel, and we can not and should not do our own independent research to verify the integrity of the information given by OneTech.

Also, Jason does not deserve any kind of vacation and is at the mercy of the OneLife playerbase's demands for updates now, Now, NOW!

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#3 2018-09-28 01:33:02

Tarr
Banned

ShadouFireborn wrote:

OneTech is gospel, and we can not and should not do our own independent research to verify the integrity of the information given by OneTech.

Also, Jason does not deserve any kind of vacation and is at the mercy of the OneLife playerbase's demands for updates now, Now, NOW!

Dogs still do not decay. I'm not sure whether it was an accident or not. I would have posted this sort of thing sooner but after the dog update Jason said he was going to do more dog work next week. Clearly we ended up getting tree farming next week (sorely needed) and now we're getting emotions (???)

It took Jason three months to fix pig bones/teleporters we're just hoping to not see another three months of corpses laying around from a meme animal.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2018-09-28 16:38:01

Booklat1

ShadouFireborn wrote:

Jason just went on vacation, what even is your point?

#5 2018-09-28 18:29:06

ShadouFireborn

Booklat1 wrote:
ShadouFireborn wrote:

I think you illustrate my point nicely.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#6 2018-09-28 20:34:36

Booklat1

ShadouFireborn wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:
ShadouFireborn wrote:

I think you illustrate my point nicely.

The point that it is unreasonable of us to ask for content? I'm not sure you've realized, but Jason's job is developing this game and I don't see whre OP is demanding urgency as you implied. This game's development has to take into account requests from a playerbase. You're pretty new here, right? Not sure if you're aware but tree farming, dogs and notes were all player-requested features that took months to be implemented. And it's not even an issue that they took long, but now that they're here we get to tell Jason what parts of it work and the ones that do not. That is feedback (and Jason asks for it in the discord all the time).

MY point is that in any moment this post attacked Jason, it's just like any of the 30 posts every day asking for stuff.

#7 2018-09-29 01:49:17

ShadouFireborn

So are dogs STILL broken

It took Jason three months to fix pig bones/teleporters we're just hoping to not see another three months of corpses laying around from a meme animal.

All I hear here is "Fix it! Fix it now!". And I may be new here, but I do know that Jason is a one man crew, doing this game on his own. He's not part of a large programming team. If there's a bug, he has to track it down and fix it by himself.

My point is pestering him for fixes or updates is not helpful. The attitude "It's been X long and this bug STILL hasn't been fixed?" implies that you think Jason's #1 priority above everything else is to fix the bug YOU told him about. There might be dozens of others that he's trying to fix, and fixing bugs has this annoying tendency to sometimes cause other bugs which were hidden before to crop up, or it might create new bugs. Debugging isn't a fast process, and you STILL want him to add new content as well.

Cut him some slack. This kind of topic is not helpful, and that's what I was trying to portray in my first, very sarcastic, retort.

#8 2018-09-29 01:50:37

UnnoticedShadow

Sorry, perhaps it is just that I do not understand how easy or hard it is to code these kind of things.  I suppose I would need to learn more about the code, tho.

#9 2018-09-30 01:22:27

Anshin

Exactly how long do dogs live?

#10 2018-09-30 01:29:20

UnnoticedShadow

They die after about 20 to 30 mins, but there corpses live on forever

#11 2018-09-30 03:07:55

Stormyzabeast

It's really depressing seeing dead dogs, their puppies and lambs everywhere

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#12 2018-09-30 04:32:47

UnnoticedShadow

Since when do dogs have lambs???  Oh, I know what you mean about lambs. . .  perhaps if they only had one lamb per feeding, and stay as a baby forever until fed?

#13 2018-10-31 15:01:14

Stormyzabeast

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Since when do dogs have lambs???  Oh, I know what you mean about lambs. . .  perhaps if they only had one lamb per feeding, and stay as a baby forever until fed?

Lololol, yes! It's just gruesome and a hassle dealing with the bodies. It's improved a lot since that post though

Edit: autocorrect

Last edited by Stormyzabeast (2018-10-31 15:02:03)

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#14 2018-10-31 15:17:06

jasonrohrer
Administrator

They do decay now, I think.

It was a bug, and it was fixed a while back.

Board footer