One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-29 10:51:25

Tramax

Forum Suggestion: Dynasty Threads

Within the "User Stories" subforum threads should automatically be created (linked to the family tree updater program) for every named Eve. This works as a consolidated place for people to post about their life they just lived without it cluttering the "Main Forum" subforum with various subject titles that don't really indicate that they are a story. Families with no last name are encouraged to just post in a miscellaneous dynasty thread.

Thus, people who want to keep tabs on a family they played in know where to go to see what their descendants post. Meanwhile mods can close threads like these in the main forum for being off-topic while doing the courtesy of copying and pasting them into the appropriate dynasty threads and posting a redirect link in the off-topic thread before they lock it. Not enough people use the "User Story" subforum like they should, and this suggestion would amend that.

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#2 2018-10-30 06:55:59

ShadouFireborn

Re: Forum Suggestion: Dynasty Threads

The user stories subforum seems to be a repository for user stories that Jason personally likes currently. I wouldn't mind seeing it put to more use, actually. Like opening the forum for general use, since it seems either Jason hates everything that's been posted except those three existing stories, or he just doesn't visit the forum enough to catch stories and move them into the subforum.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#3 2018-10-30 08:59:09

MaggieMurdoch

Re: Forum Suggestion: Dynasty Threads

when i posted my story yesterday I had wondered if there was a separate story thread but couldn't find one and just posted in the main forum, you are right though about it being cluttered though

Board footer