One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 17:31:28

jakeinmn

Jason: Consider adding financial community defined feature bounties

You work for 6-hours a day. This will give explosive growth to the community, to the game's development, provide for more time for you while incentivizing people to actually help develop the game with you.

Consider my programming and management background, and have studied decentralized currencies' collaborative open-sourced environments.

What is working is that the community votes and sets feature with a bounty that when they get implemented, the contributor gets a financial incentive.

Really, its hands-off for you, Jason. You just deal with the pull requests.

Given the explosion of users, collaboration, and eagerness you can see where this is going.

Everyone wants to put in their Two cents, but adding a framework to have folks post and vote on what they want most will invite people to activelly collaborate on it and make it happen.

This would, in turn, come out of a budget from sales. Allocate 10, 25, or 50% of sales to be allocated into a fund. You're already public with the stats.

The labor market and the players will want development to happen at the fair prices, and the fans be fiscally responsible to get development done. You have a role to veto, approve, or create whats on the bounties. Even a $100 bounty for a developer to "implement X, or fix Y" will take hundreds of hours out of your daily grind.

This framework will bring with you top performers over time. You will create an incentive for people to study the codebase, promote development, and have more hands on Github.

Thoughts? I'd love to work on this for you and execute on the plan. Just shoot me a message.

Board footer