One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 12:48:53

illumin8ed1

Please Stop Cleaning So Much! - Increase Your Situational Awareness

So I am trying to make a fire to forge some tools... but people all around me are stuck in some "put everything in baskets" mode, without even paying attention to what others are doing.

I go get some kindling and walk back and set it where I want my fire. Then I go out to get a leaf and come back to find my kindling gone (no it didn't decay yet it was too soon). So I set my leaf down and go get kindling again, come back and now my leaf is gone (again no decay). So I smarten up this time and get a basket, and go get kindling and a leaf and put them both in the basket and bring it back to where I want the fire near the forge.  I set down the basket, put the kindling next to it, and the leaf next to that, and I go to grab the fire starter thing, and before I can get back to the wood, someone picked up my leaf and put it in some basket a few squares away. AHA! I found the neat freak who has been "cleaning". I yell "STOP PUTTING THINGS AWAY!", I grab the leaf and burn it, and get ready to put on the kindling, and sure enough someone else picked that up and put it in some basket.  It was like some type of comedy skit, and these busy bees were doing this on purpose, but in reality they were just ignorant of their surroundings, and couldn't see someone trying to start a fire. They just want everything to be clean and in baskets...

Ok we get it... lets keep clutter down... but stop cleaning while people are working. Please be aware of what others are doing, please.

Last edited by illumin8ed1 (2018-03-16 13:15:15)

#2 2018-03-16 14:25:26

Baker

Re: Please Stop Cleaning So Much! - Increase Your Situational Awareness

As someone that spends most lifetimes making stuff rather then farming (Unless farming is badly needed) I understand how you feel. I hate it when people mess with my stuff and it means that things take even longer to do. Time that could be spent more productively is instead used locating my missing sharp rock or my misplaced hatchet etc.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#3 2018-03-16 15:39:57

asterlea

Hah, to be honest, it's nice to hear people are starting to clean up more, most places I'm the one trying to tidy up and put things together. I'd never put leaves or tinder in baskets though, they fade so quick it's not worth it, even if someone weren't about to use them.

#4 2018-03-16 16:03:20

Left4twenty

Baker wrote:

As someone that spends most lifetimes making stuff rather then farming (Unless farming is badly needed) I understand how you feel. I hate it when people mess with my stuff and it means that things take even longer to do. Time that could be spent more productively is instead used locating my missing sharp rock or my misplaced hatchet etc.

It's probably in the sharo rock basket and hatchet basket respectively

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

Board footer