One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-22 06:30:23

Morti

A HA HAA HAA!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1268356

Born to a mother who was going to feed me to a bear, and the bear killed her.

My final letters L O L

So much satisfaction, in such a short amount of time.
Just feels like the best thing ever right now.

#2 2018-10-22 06:39:42

Baker

Re: A HA HAA HAA!

The sad part is she is young enough to simply be reborn to the same family.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#3 2018-10-22 07:30:55

Azrael

About that, your dead mom here, clearly I did die and didin't kill you by bear.... But i respawned, and fortunately wiped that town off the face off the earth big_smile. No more girls or women after I unleashed two bears onto the town. And then, the end XD

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#4 2018-10-22 10:59:13

Roblor

Wow! teh coolest!

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#5 2018-10-22 11:00:35

Roblor

Much cool! very fun!!!

#6 2018-10-22 11:02:52

Roblor

I want Azrael to hav my bebe. and then eat it.

#7 2018-10-22 11:53:12

Starknight_One

Azrael wrote:

About that, your dead mom here, clearly I did die and didin't kill you by bear.... But i respawned, and fortunately wiped that town off the face off the earth big_smile. No more girls or women after I unleashed two bears onto the town. And then, the end XD

Iconoclast or nihilist? Or simply jealous you didn't found the town?

#8 2018-10-22 12:26:38

Tea

Azrael wrote:

You do know that, those kind of actions don't make you a lot of friends and will give you a golden ticket, first class, to donkey town ?

My siblings and I helped our mom, Eve Cuomo, to get this place started. She found the perfect place and worked so hard for her future grandchildren. And so did everyone else who was born in this town and made it this beautiful place that is now.

And then you come around and "fortunately" killed of the city ?! Shame on you ! >:(

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#9 2018-10-22 15:35:20

VioletLily

Tea wrote:
Azrael wrote:

You do know that, those kind of actions don't make you a lot of friends and will give you a golden ticket, first class, to donkey town ?

My siblings and I helped our mom, Eve Cuomo, to get this place started. She found the perfect place and worked so hard for her future grandchildren. And so did everyone else who was born in this town and made it this beautiful place that is now.

And then you come around and "fortunately" killed of the city ?! Shame on you ! >:(

Was this you Azrael?:

33 generations... Do you have any idea how many hours of gameplay went into that town? I agree with Tea. Shame on you! >:(

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-10-22 15:54:41)

#10 2018-10-22 15:56:36

Aurora Aurora

Roblor wrote:

I want Azrael to hav my bebe. and then eat it.

saem

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#11 2018-10-22 16:52:24

Azrael

VioletLily wrote:
Tea wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Was this you Azrael?:

33 generations... Do you have any idea how many hours of gameplay went into that town? I agree with Tea. Shame on you! >:(

Yes that was me and also her aunt that was also me the one who'd last words are "mwahahah". Also it was fortunate because the whole town was at that point very.... dumb that couldn't make bowls I mean half of the. Asked me how to do that, it was a catastrophe they all died to bears. My sister at the end couldn't even kill a bear it was clearly a test on their skills and they all failed miserably.

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#12 2018-10-22 16:55:35

Azrael

Tea wrote:
Azrael wrote:

I mean I guess it's sad? I knew it was gonna die anyways those people in the town were very clueless, I worked hard over the course of 3 lives to hide bowls....yes bowls, the single most important item in the game right now, without bowls nothing gets done. Soon they all freaked out pie production had stopped, sheep weren't getting fed, and bushes weren't getting watered. It was inevitable.

Btw, I didn't get cursed once over the course of three lives tongue

Last edited by Azrael (2018-10-22 16:56:37)

#13 2018-10-22 17:56:21

VioletLily

Azrael wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
Tea wrote:

Was this you Azrael?:

Yes that was me and also her aunt that was also me the one who'd last words are "mwahahah". Also it was fortunate because the whole town was at that point very.... dumb that couldn't make bowls I mean half of the. Asked me how to do that, it was a catastrophe they all died to bears. My sister at the end couldn't even kill a bear it was clearly a test on their skills and they all failed miserably.

It's absolutely ridiculous to kill an entire lineage because it currently has some new players. The line probably would have lived on if you didn't grief it. It wasn't fortunate that you killed it at all.

#14 2018-10-22 18:13:41

Azrael

VioletLily wrote:

It's absolutely ridiculous to kill an entire lineage because it currently has some new players. The line probably would have lived on if you didn't grief it. It wasn't fortunate that you killed it at all.

It would have...but it didn't. I'm done with this conversation if you wanna argue dm me but not here XD

#15 2018-10-23 01:37:27

EllynEve

This is why I try to make satellite cities when towns get bigger

#16 2018-10-23 12:28:55

The_Llamacorn

No point in feeding the troll, we just have to sit back and wait for him inevitably ending up in donkey town and making a bunch of posts complaining about it.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#17 2018-10-23 18:52:30

Azrael

Donkey Town? Never been wink

#18 2018-10-23 19:21:50

Solbusaur

But why did you do that? 'Testing' them implies they were volunteering, but you just wanted to watch the world burn before coming on here to show off the destruction of everyone's hard work. Why do people insist on ruining the fun?

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#19 2018-10-23 22:12:14

Morti

Az, I've read through all your posts here, on this forum.

The clutter is frustrating you. The lack of organization.

It frustrates us all a little, but we live with it.

Why is the froe by the farm when it should be in the carpentry station?

Why are all these seeds so near the blacksmith?

Doesn't the baker know I need those plates to make this tool? Our whole civilization hinges on this tool, right now, and I don't have the time to get more clay!

March 20th you registered for this forum. You've been here awhile. Many of us have. But I don't get as frustrated as you. I don't find satisfaction, in ruining what people are still allowed to build.

In some games, the player has a ridiculous amount of inventory space, in this, at least for now, a carrot seed takes up a square meter of space.

BH2hWwU.png

That 1 seed can lead to 5 carrots or 7 seeds. In this I see the problem, and the solution, but, for now, the game is as it is. Jason has left a kind of volumetric importance to his representation of a seed. Or just decided that every object was going to take up a square meter, except the pile of rocks...

Things are getting better on that front.

What else is it that frustrates you?

The way the layout of towns emerges organically?

Everyone has a plan, for some it's just that they want to plant a few milkweed on a little patch of land in the middle of town, for others, they run around and take in the whole landscape for hundreds of square meters. Maybe they envision a town in the most complete sense of the current state of the game, complete with roads extending out to any other ideal location, but what good is all that planning if it remains in your imagination? What good would you do if you spend half your life planning and the other half telling everyone what to do so that they build what you imagine? What you have determined is best for them.

I make roads.

I farm too. I'll make tools if I can't find one. I might even help someone build the wall of a structure, if it's large enough that I don't feel the person working inside is going to feel cramped.

Let's focus on the roads though.

I don't make roads to confine things. Once I did, in a way. The 3x3 grid of wooden roads, that made sense to me at the time. It was square, it looked sharp, and it made sense with what I had considered. Now I may opt for 3x4 (four baskets of soil per cart) or, 3x5 if the person who is hauling soil is also using their backpack, as a good soil hauler should, if they plan their routes with the availability of food in mind.

Roads are nice for getting around and divisions can be as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as they are functionally effective.

Now I make roads to help people spread out. Roads that bring people in and out of city centers, roads the gatherers or lost players can follow to get back home, and roads that people with wanderlust, or the desire to begin anew, can use to aid them in the start of their journey.

My roads are as straight as practically possible. I generally don't put steps in them to connect places unless i run into a cactus, berry bush, rabbit hole  or snow bank. I try to keep them as clean as possible, for good reasons.

That road that you took to go south, when you took me down there to the bear cave. I brought dozens of those flat stones using a horse and cart in a previous life. I laid them out along that path. I didn't have time that life to also stake them all in lace, but I will often stake make flat stones I lay down if there is enough time.

I also am making horse corrals and wrangling horses for towns so that when ambitious children are born, they only need to farm 8 milkweed for a lasso, lasso a horse in the corral, feed it a carrot and put a saddle on it's back.

If all goes well, they can take a road out of town to gather more resources. Stations can be farther apart and they can each have their own clutter. Women can, if they like, stand around the town center, and gossip while juggling curious babies, or they can plan ahead in their youth and make packages to carry with them in a horse and cart to a new home.

If you are born a boy, the horse and cart is a part of you. You can take it with you every where you go, to and from every job. It's the pickup truck for the working man.

You see, there is always something to give to others. While I'm working, I'll also try to keep things organized. It's nice for all the clothes to be in one place. When the skinned rabbits are near the baker, when the eggs are all gathered into one place and omlettes are ready.

There is a lot of organizing to do for the sake of your family.
Every step in the right direction makes things easier for your mother. Easier for your brothers to do the job that they set out to do, for your family.

We're all a family, Az.
In this game, on this forum, IRL across this planet, and all life across time.
We're all a family.

You are my brother, my mother, my father and my son and I want the best for you as much as I want it for us all.
For all life, for the rest of time.

We don't need problems to imagine greater things, or to become greater.
Life grows by it's very nature.
While your roots may stem from the dirt, I implore you; always reach for the stars.

--

I imagine you made a mistake allowing yourself to eaten by that bear.
I apologize for laughing at you for failing to stay alive.
I don't want you to be frustrated.
I want you to remain in this community.
You have your reasons for what you do.
I'd like you to tell me personally, but openly, what those reasons are.

I want to know where you are coming from,
and where you want this to go.

#20 2018-10-23 22:34:02

Azrael

Morti wrote:

Az, I've read through all your posts here, on this forum.

The clutter is frustrating you. The lack of organization.

It frustrates us all a little, but we live with it.

Why is the froe by the farm when it should be in the carpentry station?

Why are all these seeds so near the blacksmith?

Doesn't the baker know I need those plates to make this tool? Our whole civilization hinges on this tool, right now, and I don't have the time to get more clay!

March 20th you registered for this forum. You've been here awhile. Many of us have. But I don't get as frustrated as you. I don't find satisfaction, in ruining what people are still allowed to build.

In some games, the player has a ridiculous amount of inventory space, in this, at least for now, a carrot seed takes up a square meter of space.

https://i.imgur.com/BH2hWwU.png

That 1 seed can lead to 5 carrots or 7 seeds. In this I see the problem, and the solution, but, for now, the game is as it is. Jason has left a kind of volumetric importance to his representation of a seed. Or just decided that every object was going to take up a square meter, except the pile of rocks...

Things are getting better on that front.

What else is it that frustrates you?

The way the layout of towns emerges organically?

Everyone has a plan, for some it's just that they want to plant a few milkweed on a little patch of land in the middle of town, for others, they run around and take in the whole landscape for hundreds of square meters. Maybe they envision a town in the most complete sense of the current state of the game, complete with roads extending out to any other ideal location, but what good is all that planning if it remains in your imagination? What good would you do if you spend half your life planning and the other half telling everyone what to do so that they build what you imagine? What you have determined is best for them.

I make roads.

I farm too. I'll make tools if I can't find one. I might even help someone build the wall of a structure, if it's large enough that I don't feel the person working inside is going to feel cramped.

Let's focus on the roads though.

I don't make roads to confine things. Once I did, in a way. The 3x3 grid of wooden roads, that made sense to me at the time. It was square, it looked sharp, and it made sense with what I had considered. Now I may opt for 3x4 (four baskets of soil per cart) or, 3x5 if the person who is hauling soil is also using their backpack, as a good soil hauler should, if they plan their routes with the availability of food in mind.

Roads are nice for getting around and divisions can be as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as they are functionally effective.

Now I make roads to help people spread out. Roads that bring people in and out of city centers, roads the gatherers or lost players can follow to get back home, and roads that people with wanderlust, or the desire to begin anew, can use to aid them in the start of their journey.

My roads are as straight as practically possible. I generally don't put steps in them to connect places unless i run into a cactus, berry bush, rabbit hole  or snow bank. I try to keep them as clean as possible, for good reasons.

That road that you took to go south, when you took me down there to the bear cave. I brought dozens of those flat stones using a horse and cart in a previous life. I laid them out along that path. I didn't have time that life to also stake them all in lace, but I will often stake make flat stones I lay down if there is enough time.

I also am making horse corrals and wrangling horses for towns so that when ambitious children are born, they only need to farm 8 milkweed for a lasso, lasso a horse in the corral, feed it a carrot and put a saddle on it's back.

If all goes well, they can take a road out of town to gather more resources. Stations can be farther apart and they can each have their own clutter. Women can, if they like, stand around the town center, and gossip while juggling curious babies, or they can plan ahead in their youth and make packages to carry with them in a horse and cart to a new home.

If you are born a boy, the horse and cart is a part of you. You can take it with you every where you go, to and from every job. It's the pickup truck for the working man.

You see, there is always something to give to others. While I'm working, I'll also try to keep things organized. It's nice for all the clothes to be in one place. When the skinned rabbits are near the baker, when the eggs are all gathered into one place and omlettes are ready.

There is a lot of organizing to do for the sake of your family.
Every step in the right direction makes things easier for your mother. Easier for your brothers to do the job that they set out to do, for your family.

We're all a family, Az.
In this game, on this forum, IRL across this planet, and all life across time.
We're all a family.

You are my brother, my mother, my father and my son and I want the best for you as much as I want it for us all.
For all life, for the rest of time.

We don't need problems to imagine greater things, or to become greater.
Life grows by it's very nature.
While your roots may stem from the dirt, I implore you; always reach for the stars.

--

I imagine you made a mistake allowing yourself to eaten by that bear.
I apologize for laughing at you for failing to stay alive.
I don't want you to be frustrated.
I want you to remain in this community.
You have your reasons for what you do.
I'd like you to tell me personally, but openly, what those reasons are.

I want to know where you are coming from,
and where you want this to go.

That was a thoughtful post I appreciate it. I wish the mechanics of the game were easier but I guess only time will tell ~~~~~

#21 2018-10-23 22:36:04

Azrael

Solbusaur wrote:

But why did you do that? 'Testing' them implies they were volunteering, but you just wanted to watch the world burn before coming on here to show off the destruction of everyone's hard work. Why do people insist on ruining the fun?

Just wanted to mention that this post was not started by me. KEK

#22 2018-10-25 00:40:25

Solbusaur

Well, it is still directed to you

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)

#23 2018-10-25 00:43:52

Azrael

Youre adding nothing of substance to this forum.

#24 2018-10-25 00:48:03

Solbusaur

Whaaaat?

#25 2018-10-25 00:48:34

parker

Azrael wrote:

Youre adding nothing of substance to this forum.

and youre adding nothing to the game! smile

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

Board footer