One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-17 23:41:16

voy178

Suggestion: Leashing domesticated animals

I find animal husbandry in OHOL to be quite frustrating at times.

To date, you can only lead lambs and the bison calf. This is of cause very good, but there need to be more options.

1. Domestic Calfs needs to be leashed in order to make a transfer of livestock to new pens possible as it is with lambs. I would say the inability to do so presently is a bug in itself.

2. Grown animals such as mature sheep, cows, pigs and the domesticated mouflon and bison also good candidates for leashing in case they escape the pens (griefers) or you want to move them to a different settlement/enclosure. It also gives you a way to move the annoying cows away from the common workspace.

You can leash these animals irl, so why not give us the ability to do so in-game?

The ability to leash these animals also makes future trading, transfer and animal husbandry more realistic and manageable.

Last edited by voy178 (2018-10-17 23:42:07)

#2 2018-10-17 23:56:28

Jk Howling

Re: Suggestion: Leashing domesticated animals

Pretty sure not being able to rope domestic calves was an oversight- I reported in the github for issues, hopefully will be fixed soon.

Dunno about roping grown animals tbh. In domestic animals' cases, they actually follow players, unless they have a baby with them. This makes leading them back to pens/what-have-you a bit easier than you'd expect, unless there's a lot of players running around close to it.

On the other hand, I think a luring system might work a bit better tbh. Instead of animals being attracted to any person that happens to be near, maybe have them attracted to people only if they're holding something- food, for instance. Corn for cows, for example, or carrots [or a bowl of berries+carrot I guess] for sheep, etc. They'd then target that person until the item is set down or put away.

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2018-10-18 00:11:26

UnluckyLucy

i suggest you take this to reddit
it will never be seen here

For the love of god, berries DO NOT regrow on domestic bushes unless emptied, resoiled, and watered

#4 2018-10-18 01:11:25

Jk Howling

R9zN0rb.png

Yeet. Should be in this week's update.

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer