One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-16 00:42:33

Goliath

Donkey Town?

I thought cursing would give me a black text box but I ended up in donkey town.

Is there anywhere this is explained in detail like the bad sports lobby in GTA5 Online for example?

From what I've read is that it's 1hour for every curse.
So how am I able to check how many hours of solo time do I have to log to end up back in the gen pop?
Would it be worth purchasing another copy just to bypass donkey town?

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#2 2018-10-16 00:46:22

parker

Re: Donkey Town?

you do the crime you pay the time
also im pretty sure its 2 hours for one curse point
also no it isnt worth it

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

#3 2018-10-16 04:15:18

Sovietico21

You just can rise your voice against this stupid patch! Donkey Town is stupid, and we should find another way to punish grieffers.

#4 2018-10-16 08:29:38

Goliath

I don't mind doing the time but
1. There is no way to check how long i'm in donkey town and being an avid player for 7months. I feel alittle disrespected.
So many system right now ban their users and abuse them, be it fakebook's cruel social interaction policy or Rockstar's bad sport lobby.

Donkey town should be used as an deterrent not as weapon.

I feel like a lot of people just quit playing, once they reached Donkey Town and I feel like that's not the intention.

I will raise my "voice" against the Donkey Town patch because it only abuses the community, doesn't rehabilitate it and if someone is griefing, then 1 hour is fine.'

I received 10+ curses to get a black text box and ended up in Donkey Town.
Nobody knows if its on a separate server, or spawned very far from normal eves.
Nobody knows how long one curse is 1hour or two hour?

There is absolutely no reason a player should have to endure 10-20hrs of a flagged statues in "donkey town"
That is enough incentive  to quit OHOL until the griefing system is a little more lenient and fixed.

Hopefully Jason sees this and then checks to see how many "Cursed Flagged Players" actually are willing to put in 10-20hrs of real time to be allowed to play.

In my opinion, Donkey Town is Broken and shouldn't be such a severe punishment, and if it's going to be a severe punishment then show a time limit on how long one must play on the Donkey Server. It's much easier to just go play two hour one life or buy another copy then it is to sit and waste 10-20hrs of my life, in a game I've invested 7 months into, just to get out of a not well thought bad sports Lobby.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-10-16 08:30:46)

#5 2018-10-16 09:03:14

JonySky
Website

estas palabras de los griefers/killers que han acabado en Donkey Town.... me causan autentica satisfaccion

Buen trabajo Jason!

so_good.png

Enjoy it!

Last edited by JonySky (2018-10-16 09:04:33)

#6 2018-10-16 09:16:19

Tarr
Banned

The cursed threshold was lowered from ten to eight. Each curse point lasts for exactly one hour and any time you're in donkey town and fail to live at least ten minutes you get no time off your sentence. The max amount of time you can get off your sentence in one life as an eve is 46 minutes.

As of right now you still spawn on normal servers but you are sent 50k away from any sort of civilizations. You won't spawn back to your camp if you die of old age as the normal players eve spiral sends you further and further away each time you end up spawning. 

If you're pissing off 8+ people in an hour you probably deserve whatever sort of punishment you're given. You're going out of your way to ruin the enjoyment of these people and instead of being shuffled around to grief more you get dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Before the donkey town update cursing was a real joke, trolls got a cosmetic upgrade to their chat bubbles and idiot villagers would still raise them for whatever reason. If anything the cursing system doesn't go far enough yet as twins still avoid the full effect of cursing.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-10-16 09:19:53

Goliath

JonySky wrote:

estas palabras de los griefers/killers que han acabado en Donkey Town.... me causan autentica satisfaccion

Buen trabajo Jason!

https://ugc.kn3.net/i/760x/http://i2.ky … o_good.png

Enjoy it!

El sistema de la cárcel todavía está roto.

#8 2018-10-16 09:24:07

Goliath

Tarr wrote:

The cursed threshold was lowered from ten to eight. Each curse point lasts for exactly one hour and any time you're in donkey town and fail to live at least ten minutes you get no time off your sentence. The max amount of time you can get off your sentence in one life as an eve is 46 minutes.

As of right now you still spawn on normal servers but you are sent 50k away from any sort of civilizations. You won't spawn back to your camp if you die of old age as the normal players eve spiral sends you further and further away each time you end up spawning. 

If you're pissing off 8+ people in an hour you probably deserve whatever sort of punishment you're given. You're going out of your way to ruin the enjoyment of these people and instead of being shuffled around to grief more you get dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Before the donkey town update cursing was a real joke, trolls got a cosmetic upgrade to their chat bubbles and idiot villagers would still raise them for whatever reason. If anything the cursing system doesn't go far enough yet as twins still avoid the full effect of cursing.

So does this game not have PvP? 8hrs is crazy.

#9 2018-10-16 09:46:21

Tarr
Banned

You're returned to normal servers once your cursed points gets lower than the eight threshold aka once you get down to seven you're free to play with all the other players once again. However since you're still at seven points it will only take one curse to put you back into donkey town for another hour.

There's still pvp you just can't expect to randomly stab people and not get some sort of punishment for it.

fug it’s Tarr.

#10 2018-10-16 11:02:01

JonySky
Website

Goliath wrote:
JonySky wrote:

Buen trabajo Jason!

https://ugc.kn3.net/i/760x/http://i2.ky … o_good.png

Enjoy it!

El sistema de la cárcel todavía está roto.

I do not think so, yesterday I played several games and in all there were killers killing people ... that only means that people do not curse enough and murderers do not end in Donkey Town, griefers and murderers they come out victorious most of the time, people do not curse enough.

To all this you must add:

1.- children can not curse
2.- difficult names are hardly cursed
3.- People who do not have a name can not be cursed
4.- Intelligent killers are hard to discover/curse
5.- intelligent griefers are practically invisible, if no see can not be cursed
6. - destroy civilizations and entire lineages is exceedingly simple
7.- The twins help each other (hardly cursed)
8.- Sometimes confusion is created and the wrong people are killed and the real murderer emerges victorious (erroneous curse)
9.- If the murderer hides behind a tree is hardly cursed
10.- Nobody curses babies who run away from their mothers and wake up bears before they die
11.- I have seen children who just when they can hold objects, they run out of the camp with some essential and unique tool and they die in the middle of the forest, behind a tree so nobody can find that tool ... and they are not cursed by anyone

and many more situations where the murderer or the griefer comes out victorious and do not be cursed

If you have finished in Donkey Town it is because you have been cursed in several cities by many people ...

Last edited by JonySky (2018-10-16 11:41:29)

#11 2018-10-16 13:38:28

Sovietico21

People who cheat and get third party software to get and advantage over the rest should be in donkey town!

#12 2018-10-16 14:17:07

tana

Sovietico21 wrote:

People who cheat and get third party software to get and advantage over the rest should be in donkey town!

how exaclty is cheating ? this is a cooperative game, if one player has one advantage, the whole city benefits from it

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#13 2018-10-16 14:31:40

xclame

Sovietico21 wrote:

Yeah let's punish people that aren't doing anything to harm the game, yet let's forgive and allow racism, seems very reasonable. The game is COOPERATIVE you are not playing against anyone, so there is no advantage to be had.

It's like us going to play lego and I bring my bag of lego to your house and then you cry "That's not fair! Now we can build bigger things! wahhhh"

#14 2018-10-16 14:37:55

xclame

Donkey Town only punishes the dumbest and most simple forms of griefing, if you want to grief and not get sent to Donkey Town at least put some thoughts in your griefing, at least that way it's interesting for both sides.

The way you guys grief is by killing someone in broad daylight in front of the police station and then you expect nobody to do anything about it. There is a reason people like the North Hollywood Bank robbers, Al Capone and Jack the Ripper fascinates the people and in some ways are admired, because at least they put some thought into their crimes.

Last edited by xclame (2018-10-16 14:38:41)

#15 2018-10-16 17:22:00

Goliath

Been in Donkey town for 2hrs ingame and still no sign of return to normal town.
Donkey town is broken, I paided for the game just because you're a smart griefer and hide tools behind trees, doesn't change the fact that the game is broken in this aspect. You shouldn't have to play 10-12hrs of a game most people barley survive for 40mins in unless they are born into a Town, to just get put back in main pop.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-10-16 17:22:31)

#16 2018-10-16 17:31:02

Catfive

TL;DR Didn't look for consequences to my actions, just did wtf I wanted then cried about it later on forums.

#17 2018-10-16 17:39:25

Goliath

Catfive wrote:

TL;DR Didn't look for consequences to my actions, just did wtf I wanted then cried about it later on forums.

Stop being a griefer and being edgy on my post, I'm only complaining because the system is flawed and like I originally said, I did it for a black text box.

seems to me a lot of this community is toxic as fuck and just waits for the chance to rip into someone about Donkey Town. Look at the other post. Bunch of EdgeLords
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4121

Last edited by Goliath (2018-10-16 17:40:35)

#18 2018-10-16 17:50:49

Sovietico21

xclame wrote:
Sovietico21 wrote:

Yeah let's punish people that aren't doing anything to harm the game, yet let's forgive and allow racism, seems very reasonable. The game is COOPERATIVE you are not playing against anyone, so there is no advantage to be had.

It's like us going to play lego and I bring my bag of lego to your house and then you cry "That's not fair! Now we can build bigger things! wahhhh"

tana wrote:
Sovietico21 wrote:

how exaclty is cheating ? this is a cooperative game, if one player has one advantage, the whole city benefits from it

It brings the end game sooner to all the villages, it brings down the challenge of the game for all of the players living in a village.
The joy of this game is the danger of having your village wipe out by a lot of factors. And one skillfull player with hack vision defeat many of this dangers.
I want to play a challenging game, i want grieffers in my town, i want noobs in my town, i want animals to be a threat, because all of that give the game meaning to me.
When you reach the end game, wich is quite fast, the game gets dull, so why on earth do i want to rush this?

Last edited by Sovietico21 (2018-10-16 17:51:10)

#19 2018-10-16 17:51:09

VioletLily

How many people did you upset?

I remember once when someone was stupid enough to kill people in broad daylight with witnesses around, yet skilled enough to avoid being killed himself. That's a bad combination. I think he finally died of hunger or disconnect or something, but the point is that people were upset enough that he was being cursed for generations. Seriously, people were raising their kids telling them about this guy and telling them to curse him when they grew, and many did.

Basically, if you don't want to be cursed, be smart about it. Don't be that guy.

Also, I love they donkey town update. The game has been a lot more friendly and community oriented. The black text simply didn't solve anything. It was too easy to kill a lineage and there wasn't enough other players could do about it. The black text wasn't really a punishment in any way, so cursing someone was almost pointless.

Personally, if people who enjoy destroying hours of other people's work decide to stop playing because of this update, then I count that as a bonus.

#20 2018-10-16 18:36:42

Jk Howling

It genuinely depends on how many people you pissed off for how long you end up there. The last person who asked/complained about it had gathered a load of 19 curses total- over double what you need to be sent to Donkey Town in the first place lmao. Yes, it's gonna take awhile to work off that many curses.

Its no different than jailtime. The worse the crime, the longer you're sentenced. Just be thankful it's not worse- Jason has a code he considered implementing where Donkeytown tracks your total curse score across all servers. The more total curses you have, the longer you have to play to work off a single curse. Wouldn't that be fun!

-Has ascended to better games-

#21 2018-10-16 19:27:07

Goliath

Jk Howling wrote:

It genuinely depends on how many people you pissed off for how long you end up there. The last person who asked/complained about it had gathered a load of 19 curses total- over double what you need to be sent to Donkey Town in the first place lmao. Yes, it's gonna take awhile to work off that many curses.

Its no different than jailtime. The worse the crime, the longer you're sentenced. Just be thankful it's not worse- Jason has a code he considered implementing where Donkeytown tracks your total curse score across all servers. The more total curses you have, the longer you have to play to work off a single curse. Wouldn't that be fun!

unless he's committed himself to the same jail for an extended period of time. it makes no sense to implement things he doesn't test out. Donkey Town and the black text box just seems broken at best without a time counter.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-10-16 19:27:48)

#22 2018-10-16 19:31:00

Goliath

Okay out of Donkey Town. Goodbye Forums..

Board footer