One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-14 06:12:50

sarannwrap

Know the story before killing!

Really now, so many have ranted about it that it should be obvious..

Few hours ago, born into a cute little city.  Did my odd jobs, fetching things here and there and as usual focusing on sheep/clothes/compost/water.  I heard a scream so I went to check it out.  Young little blonde girl arrowed the king.  Went to healing area with two others, of course she griefed that and (foolishly) no pads hidden in the surrounding area.  King died ofc after asking repeatedly for food (which I obliged, despite not caring much for kings and queens and having no way to heal, but he was actually a decent leader since he asked us to do sensible things like make aprons).

So I grab the bow and arrow the girl set down, and since I'm not 100% positive on the name or if there's two little blonde girls, I ask who the killer is while holding bow and arrow.  Dude says "idk" and no one else answers.  So I continue to stand there and walk around asking for clues or just watching what the girl is doing.  Not even up in anyone's business.  Then this teenage guy sees me and says "Kill Rose" just because I'm carrying a weapon... I tell several people what I'm actually doing and then I tell him jumping to conclusions is bad.  Then some bitch arrows me right after I tell the accuser this, just on based on his accusation and no one seeing blood on my hands since.. ya know.. there wasn't any.  A lady (prob my mom, I was madly typing) says "How dare you" so she gets stabbed with an arrow too.  This whole time the girl that I'm almost positive killed the king keeps running by, and that griefer bitch is the only fertile female left since I'm dying for no reason. 

My mom's last words were something along the lines of "You're so screwed" and mine were "guess what, the killer is still alive so have fun dying"

Fun stuff.

Lesson is, don't assume and at least get SOME kind of affirmation before you call wolf and murder ANYONE, esp the last fertile female that wont kill her offspring.  Was trying to help you. -_-

#2 2018-10-14 06:35:10

sarannwrap

Re: Know the story before killing!

Also do NOT kill an elder/baby/unhappy villager who repeatedly says kill me.  You will VERY likely get cursed, die from no one feeding you, or get killed, bc stabbing infants in particular... looks very, very bad no matter what the circumstance is.  DCing or even starving is almost ALWAYS faster than murder.  Or the babies freaking running into a snake and running in front of your forge to troll.  so babies asking for this look like they are trying to harm you.  Oh wait DCing is ALWAYS ALWAYS faster because the game gives you an option to quit, and a lot of babies do in the most inconvenient spot XD  Sure it's annoying but I'll take it over being cursed and stabbed or stabbed/healed so many times i starve cuz I'm too confused to feed myself.

#3 2018-10-14 06:45:53

sarannwrap

If anyone knows what family this was let me know.. I thought it was Allegre but I can't find it.  Very bad at remembering families.

#4 2018-10-14 07:53:54

VioletLily

sarannwrap wrote:

Also do NOT kill an elder/baby/unhappy villager who repeatedly says kill me.  You will VERY likely get cursed, die from no one feeding you, or get killed, bc stabbing infants in particular... looks very, very bad no matter what the circumstance is.  DCing or even starving is almost ALWAYS faster than murder.  Or the babies freaking running into a snake and running in front of your forge to troll.  so babies asking for this look like they are trying to harm you.  Oh wait DCing is ALWAYS ALWAYS faster because the game gives you an option to quit, and a lot of babies do in the most inconvenient spot XD  Sure it's annoying but I'll take it over being cursed and stabbed or stabbed/healed so many times i starve cuz I'm too confused to feed myself.

People keep saying this, but I've never had any problems result from killing someone who wants a lineage ban. Seriously, I've never had any drama result from killing someone who wants to die. Maybe it's because I always make sure to have a few witnesses around to back me up when people start asking questions. I've said it before and I know there are those who disagree, but I still believe it is better to kill someone when they ask. It helps prevent them from having to resort to griefing to get their ban. Even if they wouldn't grief, it still saves the town from being littered with their bones every time they suicide as a baby.

Also, sorry that you got wrongly accused and killed. It happens to the best of us. Were you holding a loaded bow around other people? If so, it may be why you got killed. It makes people nervous. There is nothing stopping you from shooting one of them.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-10-14 08:09:44)

#5 2018-10-14 08:36:48

coriander

Agreed. Communication is limited in the game, but let's not pretend that there's none at all. Simply notify some folks about what you will be doing, make sure someone has agreed to feed you, and then do the deed. No harm done. And if the villagers understand the game well enough, they should know that a lineage ban on a serial suicide baby is much more beneficial for the town than letting them DC because "it's faster."

#6 2018-10-14 09:45:14

Ilka

Generally I agree with you sarannwrap. I'm sick of people stabbing knives before they know the reason for killing someone. As a result, often five or six people are dead because everyone thinks that he must kill those who stand with bloody weapons in their hands.
Look at the history of the Tarr family for yourself. It is not known who started and what is going on?
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1237048
A lot of knives, lots of victims.
And special greetings for my countrymen - twins' griefer. I hope you're already in a donkey. It's about you Princess and Stalin Tarr.
Facepalm. King Tarr

#7 2018-10-14 11:44:20

Tarr
Banned

Yeah unfortunately some people get weapons who clearly should not have weapons. In the lineage just posted above we had a rogue eve spawn right on top of town and start stabbing women whenever she would get a chance. The only two people seemingly looking for her were me and Coco. Anyways She kills a few women and being an old lady I just grab a bow and wait for her near the bushes. Kill the rogue eve, start to celebrate and here comes Coco and shoots me with the arrow after repeatedly warning who is doing the killing and who to watch for.

People see red and do very dumb things, the best you can do is try to ask why someone was murdered. You've got about a minute to talk things through before murder cooldown wears off. Obviously if someone is stabbing multiple people or their story doesn't make sense give them the old stab-a-roo.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2018-10-14 12:25:03

UnnoticedShadow

I actually was the killer in both of these incidents, and am now in donkey town for a Long time, if that helps.  Coco definitely was not thinking when she killed you, and I don’t know how she could have missed the commotion going on.  Anyways, it’s over, and I don’t plan to ever grief again.

#9 2018-10-14 17:32:57

UnnoticedShadow

I'm finally out of Donkey-town, and do not plan on killing again, though it was harsh.

#10 2018-10-14 18:05:51

sarannwrap

VioletLily wrote:
sarannwrap wrote:

People keep saying this, but I've never had any problems result from killing someone who wants a lineage ban. Seriously, I've never had any drama result from killing someone who wants to die. Maybe it's because I always make sure to have a few witnesses around to back me up when people start asking questions. I've said it before and I know there are those who disagree, but I still believe it is better to kill someone when they ask. It helps prevent them from having to resort to griefing to get their ban. Even if they wouldn't grief, it still saves the town from being littered with their bones every time they suicide as a baby.

Also, sorry that you got wrongly accused and killed. It happens to the best of us. Were you holding a loaded bow around other people? If so, it may be why you got killed. It makes people nervous. There is nothing stopping you from shooting one of them.

Yes I was, but I explained myself while doing it.  I couldn't really watch her from afar and nobody affirmed that she was the killer, so I thought I was okay.  I put it down to tell the dude not to make assumptions so he wouldn't be nervous anymore, and that's when I got killed.
And yeah I agree with you on the killing infants thing, but most people do not communicate their intentions in the slightest before stabbing babies lmao.  Or only to a couple people standing nearby and someone is like omg griefer.  Of course they end up dead

#11 2018-10-14 18:07:38

sarannwrap

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

I actually was the killer in both of these incidents, and am now in donkey town for a Long time, if that helps.  Coco definitely was not thinking when she killed you, and I don’t know how she could have missed the commotion going on.  Anyways, it’s over, and I don’t plan to ever grief again.

Oh okay, nah I'm over it.  I was much more upset at the other people than you so no worries.  XD

#12 2018-10-14 18:14:06

sarannwrap

Tarr wrote:

Yeah unfortunately some people get weapons who clearly should not have weapons. In the lineage just posted above we had a rogue eve spawn right on top of town and start stabbing women whenever she would get a chance. The only two people seemingly looking for her were me and Coco. Anyways She kills a few women and being an old lady I just grab a bow and wait for her near the bushes. Kill the rogue eve, start to celebrate and here comes Coco and shoots me with the arrow after repeatedly warning who is doing the killing and who to watch for.

People see red and do very dumb things, the best you can do is try to ask why someone was murdered. You've got about a minute to talk things through before murder cooldown wears off. Obviously if someone is stabbing multiple people or their story doesn't make sense give them the old stab-a-roo.

Oh wow, I'm not the only one then.  I'm sorry.  Yeah, considering they can't kill anyone else for a bit, you'd think more people would ask questions right?  I could've just killed blondie, had many chances, but I wasn't positive it was her yet.

#13 2018-10-14 18:47:56

VioletLily

sarannwrap wrote:

Oh wow, I'm not the only one then.  I'm sorry.  Yeah, considering they can't kill anyone else for a bit, you'd think more people would ask questions right?  I could've just killed blondie, had many chances, but I wasn't positive it was her yet.

Yes, you are definitely not the only one. I remember in one of my lives there was this child acting a little odd doing some light griefing. She never responded to anything asked. I started keeping an eye on her. Fast forward a little and she ends up killing an obedient child I raised who just grew hair. I didn't hesitate to kill her at that point. She never did talk, even when stabbed. So this random guy witnesses me killing her and just stabs me. As I was a ways from the hospital there wasn't really any hope for me. I started explaining to him that she had been a griefer since she was a kid. He asked what her name was and I gave it. He then apologized, to his credit. Honestly, I was so done by that point that I couldn't even be angry. It happens.

#14 2018-10-14 19:11:07

sarannwrap

VioletLily wrote:
sarannwrap wrote:

Yes, you are definitely not the only one. I remember in one of my lives there was this child acting a little odd doing some light griefing. She never responded to anything asked. I started keeping an eye on her. Fast forward a little and she ends up killing an obedient child I raised who just grew hair. I didn't hesitate to kill her at that point. She never did talk, even when stabbed. So this random guy witnesses me killing her and just stabs me. As I was a ways from the hospital there wasn't really any hope for me. I started explaining to him that she had been a griefer since she was a kid. He asked what her name was and I gave it. He then apologized, to his credit. Honestly, I was so done by that point that I couldn't even be angry. It happens.

I meant in this line killed by the same person, but yeah it happens all the time.  Glad he owned up to it.

Board footer