One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-07 14:24:21

Vexenie

Is donkey town permanent?

Ok here's the story:

I was playing ohol till I wondered: "What does donkey town look like?"
So I killed a few people (So sorry who got killed by me, but for a cause) and got cursed till went to "donkey town"
After I found out it's not a town, I started to decrease my curse points.
after a few lives I thought: "No biggie, I just have a lot of curse points"
At my 10th life, came to this forum to research and people say, it's permanent.

So now, at my 14th life, I'm asking you, do you know anything about donkey town
Is it permanent or I just have A lot of curse points.

Please help!

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2018-10-07 14:32:40

MultiLife

Re: Is donkey town permanent?

I wish you had asked about it here first before going to kill people. Some people can curse you if you just ask. But yes it is not a town, it is a server used to hold in cursed people, last I heard about it.

As far as I know, you get curse tokens, and for each token, you have to play for x amount of time. I am not sure how it is exactly, though, so someone else can shed light on that, but you should be able to get back when all tokens are gone.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-07 14:33:32)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-10-07 15:29:48

Roblor

Enjoy.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#4 2018-10-07 16:16:12

Luniatji

I thought it was one hour/curse.. not sure though!

So if you have ten curse tokens you need to spend 3 hours (1 hour = 9 curses, 2 hours = 8 curses, 3 hours = 7 curses) to come back to the normal server. You have to be under 8 curses to be on the normal curse, so in this case with 3 hours you are there. 3 real hours, so if you die each time at age thirty that would be six lives.

#5 2018-10-07 16:32:14

Tarr
Banned

Each eve life = 45 minutes played.
Each time you fail to live >10 minutes you don't get any time off your curse score.
You have no real upper limit to the curse points you can get so if you just happened to get a bunch right as you passed eight you've got a long way to go.

Have fun living in donkey town, you brought this on yourself by being a curious egg.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2018-10-07 17:19:30

Catfive

Vexenie wrote:

Ok here's the story:

I was playing ohol till I wondered: "What does donkey town look like?"
So I killed a few people (So sorry who got killed by me, but for a cause) and got cursed till went to "donkey town"
After I found out it's not a town, I started to decrease my curse points.
after a few lives I thought: "No biggie, I just have a lot of curse points"
At my 10th life, came to this forum to research and people say, it's permanent.

So now, at my 14th life, I'm asking you, do you know anything about donkey town
Is it permanent or I just have A lot of curse points.

Please help!

It's not permanent no. But it is at least 1 hour there to remove each curse point.
Perhaps you should have asked on here first big_smile

#7 2018-10-07 17:21:09

Vexenie

Yea, you all saying to ask first here

GOD I feel so stupid
ALSO I didn't have a forum account first

#8 2018-10-08 02:47:12

ShadouFireborn

Assuming you have exactly 8 curse points and you're dying of old age in each eve life...

Each Eve life is 46 minutes

Each 4 eve lives take 3 hours.

You need 8 hours to burn off 8 curse points.

Sooo...

A little over 11 full Eve lives to burn off 8 curse points.

It would take 12 full Eve lives to burn off 9 curse points, if you got hit by more than just 8 curses. If you got some more extra curse points, like, say 12... (it happens especially when people are watching a streamer... they might log in to curse you too, and no telling how many extra curse points you'll get that way), you're looking at 16 full eve lives to burn off the 12 curse points.

Donkey town is not meant to be a fun time. it's meant to be a punishment for griefers that don't want to play nice with others. Either play nice, or play alone.

Last edited by ShadouFireborn (2018-10-08 02:49:17)

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#9 2018-10-08 04:00:10

Vexenie

ShadouFireborn wrote:

Assuming you have exactly 8 curse points and you're dying of old age in each eve life...

Sooo...

It would take 12 full Eve lives to burn off 9 curse points, if you got hit by more than just 8 curses. If you got some more extra curse points, like, say 12... (it happens especially when people are watching a streamer... they might log in to curse you too, and no telling how many extra curse points you'll get that way), you're looking at 16 full eve lives to burn off the 12 curse points.

Donkey town is not meant to be a fun time. it's meant to be a punishment for griefers that don't want to play nice with others. Either play nice, or play alone.

I get the idea, but is the curse cap have to be zero or a certain number to get back

#10 2018-10-08 17:38:52

Catfive

Vexenie wrote:
ShadouFireborn wrote:

Sooo...

I get the idea, but is the curse cap have to be zero or a certain number to get back

I thought you just had to get below 8 curse points as then you're not 'cursed' so to speak

#11 2018-10-08 17:47:40

ShadouFireborn

Nope. I'm pretty sure that once you make it to Donkey Town, you have to clear your curses. All of them. Back to Zero.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#12 2018-10-08 17:56:21

Stylingirl

Your curse score has to reach 7 in order to be born into the regular servers again. If you are living for less than 10 minutes, then your curse score will not go down. You have to live a life longer than 10 minutes in order for the time to count. So if you live for 9 minutes, 0 minutes goes towards decreasing your score. If you live for 15 minutes, 15 minutes is decreased from your score.

#13 2018-10-08 18:16:12

Vexenie

ALSO on a side note, how to know, how much curse points you have?
Because I've played eves for god knows how long!

#14 2018-10-08 18:40:31

ShadouFireborn

There's no way to know. That's tracked server side, the client never touches that info.

At this point, though, I'd email and ask Jason to look into it. Explain the situation, see if he can find out how long you have left. Maybe he'd be willing to help.

#15 2018-10-08 18:56:47

Dodge

That could be a good idea to know how many curse points you have, a command for example you say /cursepoints  and you get your number of curses as text

#16 2018-10-08 19:10:53

Vexenie

So thankful for all of you guys and gals!
Your so kind to be willing to help, and I understand that for some of you, it might be annoying, but still help

So thank you very much for helping!

Last edited by Vexenie (2018-10-08 19:11:36)

#17 2018-10-08 19:13:45

Vexenie

Dodge wrote:

That could be a good idea to know how many curse points you have, a command for example you say /cursepoints  and you get your number of curses as text

Yeah, it would be nice, but griefers then know, how much they've got left until get back into society

#18 2018-10-08 20:19:59

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Well, I will just answer here this one time, and it's not a precedent (so don't ask).

But it looks like you have 9 curse points left.

Your grand total was 19 points.  That is a long time to spend in Donkey Town.

And it's not a town if you're the only one there.  If other people are cursed, they will join you.

Finally, the current curse formula doesn't take lifetime curse points into account.  So the fact that you hit a grand total of 19, which is 8th place as far as the most cursed people of all time go..... well, there's no additional penalty for that.

But there may be someday.

#19 2018-10-08 20:33:47

ShadouFireborn

Definitely must have hit a streamer or someone in view of a streamer. That's the only way I can think of that you'd overshoot the mark of 8 curse tokens by THAT much. Sheesh.

#20 2018-10-08 21:00:35

Jk Howling

19 curses hot damn, you really pissed some folks off didn't you

-Has ascended to better games-

#21 2018-10-08 21:47:10

Catfive

If I am correct this is the player that killed in town centre then said: 'I want to see donkey town' - as they died I said 'it's a just an eve spawn..' but they did garner a bunch of curses from us all.

Got what you wanted really, enjoy!

#22 2018-10-08 22:48:42

ShadouFireborn

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

#23 2018-10-09 15:54:59

Vexenie

HEY! What do you advice me to do?
Buy a new game or suffer to start real game?

#24 2018-10-09 15:56:21

tana

use that time to polish your skills, really focus on what you want to learn

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#25 2018-10-09 16:02:09

Catfive

Suffer through it single player, learn how to do everything. If you survive until 60 each life you can keep respawning at the same home marker and build up your settlement more each time. Sometimes you will even get another cursed player to be born to you and the fun you can have then!

Last edited by Catfive (2018-10-09 16:02:59)

Board footer