One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-06 21:48:11

MultiLife

Fanart - The Hound (blood warning!)

The life where three other lives were ended by my hand, out from the eight murders that took place during the one hour. Happened about 1½ months ago.
Scroll down for the story.

------------------------------------------- The Hound -------------------------------------------

4kFLgOU.png

Story behind the picture:
A baby boy was born in the middle of a murder; his mother wielded a bloodied knife in her hand as a dying woman held her gaping wound. A lot of villagers had gathered around and they all spoke to each other as the other woman was bleeding out. The mother couldn't do anything as she held her weapon, so the crying baby boy's big brother fed his little brother with a rabbit pie. As the mother recovered, she picked up her baby, apologizing to him. She walked around the village with her newborn, naming him Awesome, from the family of Elliff.

As he rested in his mother's arms, she grew old. The old mother stopped to feed her child in the berry fields. Some villagers gathered near her, praising her for ending the life of the other woman. "You are a hero", they said.

Awesome had a peaceful childhood. He witnessed the birth of triplet girls who were welcomed by the village's adults. Awesome helped around the village and noticed a nice shepherd girl, Hanz, being taught by the older shepherd. Shyly, he gifted her a backpack he had found. She thanked him, and he ran off to work.

As a young man, Awesome happily worked on his projects and watched over the village. As his mother passed away, he didn't inherit his mother's knife, but he had found one for himself from someone's remains (really scared an old lady as he pulled the knife out from the remains!).
The village had gone quiet, with less people around than before.

Suddenly he heard a cry near the sheep pen.
A woman stumbled away from the pen, badly wounded. She breathed out, "Curse her for me", and collapsed. Awesome ran to the woman's remains, picking up her knife. There were bows and arrows on the ground. He sprinted towards the sheep pen, noticing all the sheep and the moufflon were dead. There stood two of the triplet girls, now teenagers. They were silent. He zoomed in for the one holding a bloodied knife and drove in his knife without hesitation. The wounded triplet stumbled over to her unarmed triplet sister as she bled; her backpack held two knives and she had dropped one on the ground. Awesome cursed the dying triplet; but now he was helpless, standing above one of the bloody knives. Then, Hanz ran to the scene, but she was unarmed. The wounded triplet sister died, and her sister picked up her knives as Hanz ran away, realizing what was going down. Awesome dragged himself away, but the girl was rushing towards him.
Suddenly, the girl turned and ran to other direction, leaving Awesome to recover. He used the time he got to get to the bakery and ate as he took off to hunt down the girl.

Another cry was heard.
It was Hanz, now bleeding out. She cried, "She killed me". The triplet girl didn't get far when Awesome reached her, swiftly ending her life.
A baby girl waddled to the nearby berry field, starving without her mother. She couldn't eat by herself. Weakened once again, Awesome held the bloody knife, watching helplessly as the baby girl starved and faded away. Was he alone now? Is this the end?

Suddenly two men ran to the scene; Retal, with a crown on his head, and a teenager named Frank. Unarmed, Frank didn't dare to approach Awesome who now held one knife in his backpack and one in his hand, still bloodied. But Retal walked right to him. He had a knife in his backpack. The three were quiet for a moment, but Awesome quickly defended himself; "I killed twin murderers-- do we have any women left?". Standing still, Retal replied he didn't know, and as Awesome recovered, the three scattered to look for other villagers.

Awesome traveled to the southern farms, scanning his environments. Did he kill two girls only to see their end like this?
Suddenly, he saw a small girl walk towards him from the fields. She seemed a bit distraught but still bravely approached the grown man with two knives on him. "Follow me", she requested as Awesome blurted out, "Wait!! You are--" the last girl, she was alive! The girl didn't stop however; she hopped onto the road and ran, with Awesome running after her like a desperate puppy.
Retal saw the girl zoom by him. He turned around and shouted after her, "WAIT!", running after her as Awesome ran past him.

Samantha, this small girl, gestured towards the bloodied remains of one of the triplet girls. Awesome recognized the remains. "I killed her", he said, but there were other things he wanted to say right now. Retal quickly explained that Samantha was the last girl left as Awesome tried to explain the murders.

The last villagers, Frank, Retal, Awesome and Samatha all went back to work. Samantha and Retal held the crowns on their heads as the village emerged from the dark times. As Samantha birthed her firstborn, she came to Awesome to show her newborn daughter.
But then, one day, a batch of quadruplets was born to Samantha.

The baby boys cried as Samantha gathered them, naming the babies. But then the fourth one cried for food, with a dark voice. Awesome, Retal and Frank gathered to look at the babies. "One of them is cursed", they observed. Awesome reached for his knife; "We shouldn't keep them. They are a risk". Retal took out his knife and killed the cursed one. Awesome followed suit, killing the next one. Samantha stood by as Retal picked up the third one, taking him away. A cry was heard, the child was gone. The last of the quadruplets starved as Samantha stood still.
Awesome sat by weakened Retal to ensure he would be okay. The situation was uneasy, but Samantha understood.

Now there had been eight murders, and three of those were by his hands. But after all this, Awesome would grow old and see the village recover with Samantha, who would show her children to the aging man. So much blood was spilled in his life, but he got to see life win in the end.

--
Note: this was when cursed people would play among the normal players. The first murder executed by Lilia, Awesome's mother, was to kill a cursed woman.
The triplet girls weren't cursed so they were raised. They lost their sister (10 years old at that time) when they were (assuming) leading a bear to the village. After they lost their sister to the bear, the remaining two somehow got a knife-filled backpack and killed the animals in the pen and tried to end the village by targeting the women. The other remaining triplet didn't have an apron nor a backpack so the knives were on one of the triplets which I killed first. Sadly the remaining girl saw Hanz, and got her killed. Fortunately, Samantha had been far from the commotion so the sisters probably never saw her. I'm glad those brats didn't get to end the village back then, what a scummy thing to do to try and kill a village who raised you happily. It was also a small village. I was gen 20, and the family made it to gen 35.

Family line in this story: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=908670
Awesome: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=908670
Related thread by Neo, who was Lilia, Awesome's mother: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3511

wjmkogX.jpg

vdQ5FPL.jpg

But hey! If you enjoyed, here are my other artworks, OHOL related of course:
Lilith, Lana and Lacee:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3181

Jonathan Lucky and Jess Lucky (blood warning!):
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3334

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-07 16:03:08)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-10-06 22:00:58

Tea

Re: Fanart - The Hound (blood warning!)

I really love your drawings! *-*

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#3 2018-10-07 10:42:26

MultiLife

Tea wrote:

I really love your drawings! *-*

Thank you, Tea! I'm happy you commented! <3

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-10-07 14:03:03

Vexenie

WOW! That artwork is amazing and the story, don't get me started on that because that was so good, it should belong in a book!

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#5 2018-10-07 14:16:04

MultiLife

Vexenie wrote:

WOW! That artwork is amazing and the story, don't get me started on that because that was so good, it should belong in a book!

Aww, how sweet, thank you so much! The story and the picture took me way too many hours. :'D This was your first post on the forums? I'm flattered! Welcome to the forums!

#6 2018-10-07 14:38:56

Ifeanyichukwu

This artwork is lovely, as is the story that inspired it. I've seen your other pieces on the fanart section of the forums, and they're all very impressive, congrats big_smile

I lived a similar life a few months ago. I don't remember too many details, but I was born in a big city, which had been turned into a battlefield. Murders everywhere. Since I had no weapon, I escaped to a small farm that a man was building alone to the south. I lived there until I was old; I told all my children of the city to the north, and warned them about the murders. They left to find it, and never returned. In the end, I returned to see what had become of the settlement, and found the city empty of people but filled with corpses, many of them bloody. I ended up being eaten by a bear wandering about, probably lured into the place by someone else earlier. I checked the lineage page afterwards, and learned that all five or six of my children had been murdered. It's still, to this day, the most violence I've witnessed in a single playthrough.

#7 2018-10-07 15:19:47

Falsewall

Loved the story. Lots of suspense and a happy ending.

#8 2018-10-07 16:12:27

MultiLife

Ifeanyichukwu wrote:

This artwork is lovely, as is the story that inspired it. I've seen your other pieces on the fanart section of the forums, and they're all very impressive, congrats big_smile

I lived a similar life a few months ago. I don't remember too many details, but I was born in a big city, which had been turned into a battlefield. Murders everywhere. Since I had no weapon, I escaped to a small farm that a man was building alone to the south. I lived there until I was old; I told all my children of the city to the north, and warned them about the murders. They left to find it, and never returned. In the end, I returned to see what had become of the settlement, and found the city empty of people but filled with corpses, many of them bloody. I ended up being eaten by a bear wandering about, probably lured into the place by someone else earlier. I checked the lineage page afterwards, and learned that all five or six of my children had been murdered. It's still, to this day, the most violence I've witnessed in a single playthrough.

Thank you!
Ouch, someone really wanted that place wiped out. I do wonder why some people even bother to do it though, places die eventually anyways, and get revived. big_smile

Falsewall wrote:

Loved the story. Lots of suspense and a happy ending.

Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It was a very action packed life. big_smile I like to keep the stories true to their origins; how they truly went down during the life played. I was sure I was going to die when the triplet ran towards me as I limped away. Glad I didn't, although it cost dear Hanz's life. </3

Board footer