One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-03 17:46:27

Luniatji

Blaming and keeping other people for guilty, without proof

Today was another crazy day in a big village. I was born from a mother who was busy but fed me, se forgot to name me though. So when I asked for a name a boy took me in his arms and give me my name. From that time I was know as “Lillian Sass”. My childhood was happy and I soon found two kilns with a lot of iron, so I had found my calling. I would be the smith! A couple of years I was busy with smithing until I heard screams. “THE PEN IS BROKEN! THE SHEEPS ARE FREE! THEY MUST DIE!” I heard. I frowned somewhat but decided to ignore the tumult; after all, there was a lot to do and I didn’t feel I had the time to run away every so often to look and see what happened. After a couple of minutes it silenced again and it was calm enough to smith further. After a time I thought I could better sort our tools so when doing that my uncle Purav came to me and gave me his apron with knife; he then told me that there was a rumour that a cousin of me- Dodger Sass- had freed the sheeps and that I had to investigate in before deciding to kill anyone with the knife he gave me. I agreed, killing someone over rumours is never good!

So I get my first baby boy and started to look around to ask people what had happened. First I came onto Dodger, of who my uncle was talking and telling him that I was in charge now. So I ask him about his side of the story and told him that I wouldn’t kill him yet, only if it was fully recognized he was guilty. He wasn’t in my mind. After talking with Dodger I walked to one of the womans who said she had seen Dodger breaking the pen by “Adding water with a bowl”. She said she had “Seen so because he was next to the pen with a bowl”. That sounds more intrigued than it was; right beside the adobe based pen was the berry farm .. so who said he wasn’t watering the berries instead..? She didn’t know how to answer that but repeated that “He was guilty!”.

I then asked some other people who all said that same woman (Was it Love Sass? I almost think so ..) had seen it, but they didn’t see it themselves. So it could also be that Love was the one who sabotaged the pen, or that some other kid sabotaged the pen while nobody watched! It was all with all not a clear story, and I was still not proven that Dodger was guilty. Not by me, anyways. While walking around with my third son I heard the mom of Dodger ask him about it an blaming him; then telling him that he had to ask the blaming person (Love? Still don’t know.) herself.

Dodger did that. He walked to the middle of the berry field and asked why she told lies about him. She said she had seen him with a bowl beside the pen. I chimed in and asked- again- why she thought he was it- after all, the first time it was “A blonde boy” and that whole community was blonde!- but she didn’t seem to have the answer to that. More people chimed in and choose for the woman, ignoring both me and Dodger who asked questions.

After a couple of minutes one older woman told Love Sass (The woman who accused him? Still not sure lol) to kill him because “he was making trouble”  but come on, who wouldn’t if they where accused for something?! Even beside the fact IF dodger was really the one who sabotaged the pen, what did you think he would do?? Let people talk about him after his back and blaming him for something he did or not do? That I wanted to tell them. I didn’t have the time though, because at that moment Love Sass choose to stab Dodger Sass, her brother. I protested and stabbed Love Sass because “You can’t kill anyone for nothing! You don’t know if he was guilty!” but couldn’t even finish those senteces .. because at that moment, not one but TWO WOMAN decided I must dead so stabbed me.

My son tried to help me and fed me, which led after killing him too .. Rust in Peace little Dario Sass, you was just sixteen years old.

What I want to tell with this story is not that Dodger had broken the pen, or not broken the pen. What I want to do is to make people think about it. They all say that Dodger was the one, because one woman said so. They all blame him, because one woman saw him with a bowl. With right from him the pen and left the berry field. She didn’t see him add the water on the pen, nor on the field. She only saw him there. And people believed her, because she said so. They killed him, because they believed her and because some other woman said he must dead. Because he ‘caused problems.” No people, we do. We believe people without knowing for sure, we curse people and kill people because they wanted to safe the one who comes up from someone like that. And that is a very bad way to play, I think.

Rip Dodger Sass- 31 years old.
Rip Love Sass – 25 years old.
Rip Lillian Sass- 41 years old.
Rip Dario Sass- 16 years old.

I am sorry Purav Sass, that I didn’t find the guilty person. I'm also sorry Dodger that I couldn't stop your dead if you are really innocent; and I'm sorry for my sweet Dario because he was killed for trying to save me. All

#2 2018-10-03 18:31:29

InSpace

Re: Blaming and keeping other people for guilty, without proof

Sass = s ass

#3 2018-10-03 19:17:05

Tea

That reminds me of a story where one boy was killed because he was "using too many bowls and spamming z too often". What they didn't know was that a woman was running around saying "Those who want job say z". The poor little boy was running around, with his bowl of berries and said "z" in order to get something to do.

He got killed, never got the chance of explaining himself. they didn't wanted to listen to a "griefer" or so they called him ^^

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2018-10-03 19:42:21

WalrusesConquer

Are the sasses still alive? I was Sally Sass (brunetter) I wanted to help my sister Sally make the stew farm, but Dax was going afk and trusted me to feed her! She had a kid who stayed in her arms and there were a bunch of people watching!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2018-10-03 19:47:19

MultiLife

Well, most of the 'proof' in this game is just hearsay, rarely you get to actually see griefers griefing with your own eyes, it's usually one or two witnesses who you just have to believe or risk having the griefer do more damage. If you want solid proof, you just gotta hover around your suspects and follow them around quietly or then let the whole thing go if nobody is griefing anymore; talking and arguing with no end can annoy others who rather kill off these endlessly bickering people than let them keep talking back and forth while munching on food. tongue

I was blamed on and killed by one player when I was innocent, but I didn't really care, I just went on to have a nice life in another family. Innocent die sometimes, it happens. Whether people are more patient before killing or not is just up to the players themselves; it'd be great if people could stalk their suspects a bit before going in swinging knives but well, I personally wasn't very ruffled over me being murdered by an impatient rando, so it could be an attitude thing on both sides.

Tea wrote:

That reminds me of a story where one boy was killed because he was "using too many bowls and spamming z too often". What they didn't know was that a woman was running around saying "Those who want job say z". The poor little boy was running around, with his bowl of berries and said "z" in order to get something to do.

He got killed, never got the chance of explaining himself. they didn't wanted to listen to a "griefer" or so they called him ^^

Aw, poor boy. : (

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-03 19:47:58)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2018-10-03 20:06:07

Luniatji

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Are the sasses still alive? I was Sally Sass (brunetter) I wanted to help my sister Sally make the stew farm, but Dax was going afk and trusted me to feed her! She had a kid who stayed in her arms and there were a bunch of people watching!

Was you Sally?? I was Dax! My mom IRL randomly said she wanted to eat RIGHT THEN so it was in the middle of a game like "..i have a baby. I'm a woman. Help??" was so sad that she starved, I would love to see that I had grandkids running around lol! But it was very funny to see all your kids who where like 'WHOA SHE MOVES' because I stand half my life still with kid in arms.

But this was another family with the same last name!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1190372

@MultiLife: Normally I don't care really lol. But this was just unfair on more than one ground.. It happened, it was done but people keep accussing him after his back and telling him he was a griefer. (While he was working for what I saw, they just show up and blame him). Normally not my thing either, if it's not me who's acused I mostly ignore it; but this time I was asked to investigate it. My reasoning was indeed "well I don't know for sure if he was griefing, or watering that bush next to him, but he isn't know so lets go" but since people keep going back to him and then just decided to stab him (because he "was making problems") it felt different for me. Not because I'm a hero or some sort of wanted to be the one who decided to kill him.. but because it felt really unfair that the woman who tells everyone he was a griefer didn't get killed because she "causes problems" and the man who didn't do anything in that matter wás killed ..

#7 2018-10-04 05:28:22

Jk Howling

I've killed people caught in the act of griefing, but I've also killed people that've simply acted too sketchy for me to trust. Go with your gut, but also think for a minute and discuss with your fellow players if that action is necessary. Learn to recognize names and faces around you- chances are if you've been working with a Bob for the last 30 minutes, he didn't suddenly snap and decide to stab everyone.

Well, provided he's not Pein, anyways.

I once held an experiment in a large town. When nobody was looking, I snagged the straight shaft off the sheep pen someone had stupidly made with horizontal fence posts. Nobody saw me do it, and someone fixed it before all the sheep got out- though I would've lured a sheep back in later on if needed.

I wander back into town and watch as the baker gets blamed and killed before anyone could lift a finger, solely because he had a straight shaft next to him- the firebrand the town'd been using for generations.

That same life, in a larger city that was connected to the town by roadway, I dispatched two serial killers that had gone after the townsfolk. Most of the players had already been aware of the problem people, and fed me while I was on cooldown, though I didn't really need it. Except there was one person who hadn't heard the screams or been there during the explainations, and rashly decided I was a griefer rather than someone helping.

He picked up the bloody knife of one of the serial killers I'd taken down, moments after my murder cooldown ended, and ran at me. I ran towards the middle of the city with him on my trail and danced around the forge for a little bit til he dropped his knife, which I quickly grabbed and stowed in my bag.

He yelled at me for killing someone [his wife or something, fuckin roleplayers] and me + several townsfolk patiently explained that the person I'd killed was a griefer, someone who'd been stabbing girls. It took a little bit but he finally understood his mistake and apologized. I didn't give his knife back ofc, because there's no way in hell I'd trust someone who just tried to stab me, but he didn't cause any other issues that life.

The last time I had to kill someone who hadn't griefed, but was acting particularly suspicious, was on an Eve run. I told all three of my children at the time that I was working on a bow and arrow for a goose, as we had a snake problem and were rushing a knife. My youngest, a son, wordlessly runs off into the woods when he's grown. I followed him uncertainly and watched as he started to collect things to make a bow himself- ignoring me and his sisters when we try to get his attention or talk to him.

After a brief discussion with my older daughters, we decide it's not safe to let him continue. I finish the arrow I needed, load my bow, and shot him. I then patiently explained to him why we had to kill him- he was acting too sketchy, off building a bow in the woods knowing someone was already working on one.

There are situations when you might have to act before something happens. Best I can advise is to at least discuss it with other players, and reach an agreement. Making snap decisions just because "WELL SOMEONE HAS TO BE PUNISHED!!!" is ridiculous. Witch hunts often end with more innocents being killed than truly guilty. Keep an eye on other players in your vicinity while you work.

Also, if you do see someone grief or kill for no reason, talk to the townsfolk and explain to them the situation before pulling out your knife. Give them a name, explain to them that x person did y action and that they should watch out for them. It helps a LOT with preventing revenge-stabbings from people who don't know the situation.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-10-04 05:29:36)

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2018-10-04 10:44:27

littlemissmesssy
Banned

Luniatji wrote:

Today was another crazy day in a big village. I was born from a mother who was busy but fed me, se forgot to name me though. So when I asked for a name a boy took me in his arms and give me my name. From that time I was know as “Lillian Sass”. My childhood was happy and I soon found two kilns with a lot of iron, so I had found my calling. I would be the smith! A couple of years I was busy with smithing until I heard screams. “THE PEN IS BROKEN! THE SHEEPS ARE FREE! THEY MUST DIE!” I heard. I frowned somewhat but decided to ignore the tumult; after all, there was a lot to do and I didn’t feel I had the time to run away every so often to look and see what happened. After a couple of minutes it silenced again and it was calm enough to smith further. After a time I thought I could better sort our tools so when doing that my uncle Purav came to me and gave me his apron with knife; he then told me that there was a rumour that a cousin of me- Dodger Sass- had freed the sheeps and that I had to investigate in before deciding to kill anyone with the knife he gave me. I agreed, killing someone over rumours is never good!

So I get my first baby boy and started to look around to ask people what had happened. First I came onto Dodger, of who my uncle was talking and telling him that I was in charge now. So I ask him about his side of the story and told him that I wouldn’t kill him yet, only if it was fully recognized he was guilty. He wasn’t in my mind. After talking with Dodger I walked to one of the womans who said she had seen Dodger breaking the pen by “Adding water with a bowl”. She said she had “Seen so because he was next to the pen with a bowl”. That sounds more intrigued than it was; right beside the adobe based pen was the berry farm .. so who said he wasn’t watering the berries instead..? She didn’t know how to answer that but repeated that “He was guilty!”.

I then asked some other people who all said that same woman (Was it Love Sass? I almost think so ..) had seen it, but they didn’t see it themselves. So it could also be that Love was the one who sabotaged the pen, or that some other kid sabotaged the pen while nobody watched! It was all with all not a clear story, and I was still not proven that Dodger was guilty. Not by me, anyways. While walking around with my third son I heard the mom of Dodger ask him about it an blaming him; then telling him that he had to ask the blaming person (Love? Still don’t know.) herself.

Dodger did that. He walked to the middle of the berry field and asked why she told lies about him. She said she had seen him with a bowl beside the pen. I chimed in and asked- again- why she thought he was it- after all, the first time it was “A blonde boy” and that whole community was blonde!- but she didn’t seem to have the answer to that. More people chimed in and choose for the woman, ignoring both me and Dodger who asked questions.

After a couple of minutes one older woman told Love Sass (The woman who accused him? Still not sure lol) to kill him because “he was making trouble”  but come on, who wouldn’t if they where accused for something?! Even beside the fact IF dodger was really the one who sabotaged the pen, what did you think he would do?? Let people talk about him after his back and blaming him for something he did or not do? That I wanted to tell them. I didn’t have the time though, because at that moment Love Sass choose to stab Dodger Sass, her brother. I protested and stabbed Love Sass because “You can’t kill anyone for nothing! You don’t know if he was guilty!” but couldn’t even finish those senteces .. because at that moment, not one but TWO WOMAN decided I must dead so stabbed me.

My son tried to help me and fed me, which led after killing him too .. Rust in Peace little Dario Sass, you was just sixteen years old.

What I want to tell with this story is not that Dodger had broken the pen, or not broken the pen. What I want to do is to make people think about it. They all say that Dodger was the one, because one woman said so. They all blame him, because one woman saw him with a bowl. With right from him the pen and left the berry field. She didn’t see him add the water on the pen, nor on the field. She only saw him there. And people believed her, because she said so. They killed him, because they believed her and because some other woman said he must dead. Because he ‘caused problems.” No people, we do. We believe people without knowing for sure, we curse people and kill people because they wanted to safe the one who comes up from someone like that. And that is a very bad way to play, I think.

Rip Dodger Sass- 31 years old.
Rip Love Sass – 25 years old.
Rip Lillian Sass- 41 years old.
Rip Dario Sass- 16 years old.

I am sorry Purav Sass, that I didn’t find the guilty person. I'm also sorry Dodger that I couldn't stop your dead if you are really innocent; and I'm sorry for my sweet Dario because he was killed for trying to save me. All

I was the one who stabbed you I am Purav Sass II so I will tell you why

First of all i was born to the queen of the village and she told me to make pies since i was a baby and I think it was with you so anyway after growing up I decided to be the shepard so for years I took care of the sheeps seeing them grow made me really happy I was happy with my job .

Then one day I sow them all out so i ran to ur uncle and told him about the terrible news and I told my mother the queen about it so they went to investigate and we we're all really pissed and me and ur uncle and my mother promised we would kill that person .

So anyway my mother was getting older so she wanted to pass her crown and she passed it to my daugther Katy she was the new queen before my mother dies she gave me her knife and told me to kill whoever did that so I promised her I would.

So I was investigating and his sister love sass came to me and said I sow my brother do that so I told her are you going to confront him she said yes so that's what he did me and her both went to him .

His reaction was weird and shady he started cussing told me to "stfu" so his sister told him sun sass also sow him not just her so we all went to sun sass who's their aunt.

So she said she sow holding a water bowl then after that all the sheeps were let free and he said no she said yes so this was going nowhere so I decided to drop this I walked away and decided to continue my job.

After 5 mins he was still going on with it with his aunt and sister about being innocent and it was kind off getting on my nerves no one in town was working he was causing problems and all fingers were pointing at him he was causing a fuss he wouldnt let go kept going on and on and on about being innocent and they were saying no and no one was working .

So at that time I gave them permission to kill him cuz he wasn't useful and he was causing problems so love sass killed him that's when you killed love sass which got me angry cuz we we're all working in a team together and you just ruined it by stabbing her so I had to stab you anyway after he died their were no problems everyone was working and I was glad to see my grandchildren and see my daugther become queen

Love u Katy sass

If u see someone calling u ugly randomly its me smile and i name all my boys after my ex's hmm

Board footer