One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-10-02 09:10:14

gabal

Re: MY Issues and Suggestions for the game from a new player

I already see this will be an unpopular opinion but I really like the limited speech feature. You have to work around this and it can be frustrating when you are experienced player but I really like how teenagers speak in abbreviatons and elders get to drone on and on. You can communicate within this system - I always ask my babies questions and they andswer with y or n, one letter is enough for that.

There is an in-built recipe list in lower right corner of the screen but it isn't intuitive to use. When I was new I would try to learn one new thing in every life so I can improve on my skills and be a better player. It is up to us as community to better teach new players and I agree, more players should dedicate their time to teach skills to others, we will all benefit from it in the long term.

#27 2018-10-02 09:17:45

Sharlank

gabal wrote:

It is up to us as community to better teach new players and I agree, more players should dedicate their time to teach skills to others, we will all benefit from it in the long term.

More like redirect to https://onetech.info big_smile Teaching new players is impossible, best way to learn this game is to do a solo eve run on a deserted server and make everything by yourself with the help of onetech

#28 2018-10-02 15:30:28

MinnieMoocher

Yeah, I think the letter cap is the main culprit. It's hard to try and explain things when you can barely type a sentence. I really wish that would be changed.

Other things, like crafting, have a big learning curve. I spent a long, long, LONG time in the tutorial trying to get smithing down, but it finally clicked and I was able to do it from then on. Two days of playing, in my opinion, isn't nearly long enough to learn everything. You're expecting big results too quickly. Just keep at it and things will get easier as you go.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to use the TechTree (on the actual game website, not the terrible Wiki one). I've been playing for almost a year, and I still use it every now and again. It's a lifesaver when you can't figure something out or something slips your mind. smile

Board footer