You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-15 14:06:29

eatingburger

Experienced Player (20+ hours) feedback/suggestions

Hey, great game. Some feedback/suggestions:

Change: Milkweed life cycle
Flowering Milkweed -> Milkweed with Fruit -> Seeded Milkweed
Rationale
2/3 of milkweed's stages should return the plant - Milkweed is too easy for scrubs to ruin. In my experience, thread and rope are just too rare as it stands. Another option would be to add "seeded milkweed" as a fourth stage in the lifecycle (bringing the ratio to a tidy 2/4 stages). This would also indirectly help with the serious hunger issues that mid-tier towns have by making clothes more common.

Recipe: Sign
Long straight shaft + Mallet = Sign post
Sign post + Boards = Sign
Sign post + Shovel = Long straight shaft
Sign + Shovel = Long straight shaft + Boards

The player who constructs the sign gets to determine what it says upon construction. To re-write a sign, it must be dug up and replanted.
Rationale
It's a pain to tell every player which row is for seeds, or what the laws are. Writing them on signs makes sense both in terms of quality-of-life, and thematically --- civilizations *do* have written sets of rules for their citizens to follow.

Recipe: Grave with knife
Knife + Player = Grave with knife (Knife falls out of player's hand upon killing another player)
Rationale
In order to retrieve a knife used to kill someone, one must pick up the corpse with a basket, drop the corpse, drop the basket, and retrieve the knife. This takes time and effort.
This will do two things: make killing another player feel more significant, and make griefing harder (can't go on murder spree as easily) while still not changing the current health mechanics.

Change: Killing a player with a bow consumes the arrow
Rationale
Makes killing a player feel more significant, and makes griefing more difficult.

#2 2018-03-15 15:57:12

ShadowsSoldier

Re: Experienced Player (20+ hours) feedback/suggestions

The sign idea is needed and I love the implementation of it you describe.
also i like the idea of griefing being a very taxing thing therefore 1 player cannot ruin an entire civ in under 2 minutes.
the only idea i differ with you on is millk weed, i like the phases it has atm, however i feel once it reaches the fruiting stage, it should not revert back to flowering, it would prevent accidental picking and having to replant. Most people know now to only harvest while its fruiting. but other than that love the ideas. If you see me in discord voice channel hmu i play with a few others.

#3 2018-03-15 17:04:21

Left4twenty

Re: Experienced Player (20+ hours) feedback/suggestions

One should never try to fix something that isn't broken.  Signs are used to improve communication but communication already exists in the game.  For a sign to be effective it's symbols must be universally understood.  How does a new player know what a signs symbol means?  You tell them, adding signs does nothing to solve the problem because the problem isn't the game lacks a way to communicate information.  A sign will simply end up taking up a space that could be used more efficiently, the players that care can just be told the information, and certainly they will have yo anyways, and players that don't, will ignore the signs completely just like they do the already in gamencommunication system.
On the arrows, that does nothing to help, it only hinders the rest of the village because now someone's dead AND they're down an arrow, plus down an arrow to kill the griefer

Last edited by Left4twenty (2018-03-15 17:07:40)

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

Board footer