One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-29 03:13:55

SomeRandomPerson

Making Branches more plentiful?

So I really do prefer the look of a fence pen over an oven base one or whatever. People say it's because Clay is easier to come by, I agree. Since straight branches usually get used up for tools instead and take  awhile to grow back.

How about making each tree have more branches. Then most places should have a surplus to build a pen with. That or lowering the cost of fences somehow.

If i see an oven base pen I'm going to grief them. Easy enough with a waterbucket, I'll make some new kilns or ovens somewhere else. Okay on second thought, I won't grief them. Just change them to fence.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-29 03:26:45)

#2 2018-09-29 04:06:30

Tarr
Banned

Re: Making Branches more plentiful?

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

If i see an oven base pen I'm going to grief them.

I really don't get this mentality. You can't make a fence pen in the early part of the game so people like myself make the adobe pens so we can have sheep before gen 10 because muh branches.

East-West fence pieces are even easier to grief than adobe as you just take out the center and boom now we have sheep everywhere I've literally seen this happen in the town I eve'd earlier in the day.

Fences are just a vanity item just like they were when we used trash pits instead of adobe.

So yeah, if you want upgrade them to fences later instead of ruining someone else's work because muh fences.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-09-29 04:26:11

SomeRandomPerson

Tarr wrote:
SomeRandomPerson wrote:

If i see an oven base pen I'm going to grief them.

I really don't get this mentality. You can't make a fence pen in the early part of the game so people like myself make the adobe pens so we can have sheep before gen 10 because muh branches.

East-West fence pieces are even easier to grief than adobe as you just take out the center and boom now we have sheep everywhere I've literally seen this happen in the town I eve'd earlier in the day.

Fences are just a vanity item just like they were when we used trash pits instead of adobe.

So yeah, if you want upgrade them to fences later instead of ruining someone else's work because muh fences.

Read the last part. I'm only going to replace your pens with fences later on. I can make use corner pieces instead for east-west fences.

Doing like that is actually more secure then your meme pens.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-29 04:31:29)

#4 2018-09-29 04:58:18

Tarr
Banned

Everyone knows <fences> are the meme pen. Adobe pens are the quick early pen. I have no idea where this mindset of "me no like me griff" when it comes to pen design. You're not the first person to have this mentality of busting open pens for the sole reason of they're easy to grief.

It's fine to replace adobe fences later in a civ but it's ludicrous to think people should ever be making/rushing a fence pen in the early game. Anyone with half a brain can bust a fence pen just as easy if not easier than a fence pen because you never have to leave to fetch water.

We've beat the argument of pen griefing to death, any and all fences are griefable if someone wants it griefed.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-09-29 05:25:53

Dodge

More branches? i've seen some villages that had so many branches that it occupied all the tiles near trees and nobody was picking up the branches from trees

Usually the first pen is made of adobe because you shovel the tule reeds and get a large ammount of it and the first branches are used for tools, but in the long run you will have much more branches since they grow back and clay is a limited ressource, so in bigger villages the sheep pen will usually be made of fences.

#6 2018-09-29 05:47:02

SomeRandomPerson

Tarr wrote:

Everyone knows <fences> are the meme pen. Adobe pens are the quick early pen. I have no idea where this mindset of "me no like me griff" when it comes to pen design. You're not the first person to have this mentality of busting open pens for the sole reason of they're easy to grief.

It's fine to replace adobe fences later in a civ but it's ludicrous to think people should ever be making/rushing a fence pen in the early game. Anyone with half a brain can bust a fence pen just as easy if not easier than a fence pen because you never have to leave to fetch water.

We've beat the argument of pen griefing to death, any and all fences are griefable if someone wants it griefed.

Your the braindead one, not adknowlading the last part of the post.

I can understand doing it early on but when your a big city and your still using ghetto pens.....

Anyway I hate them because they look bad. I will upgrade every Oven pen I see. Maybe I'll just destroy it if it's Tarr family.

#7 2018-09-29 06:30:19

Tarr
Banned

Efficient pens*

You're more than welcome to waste your time making a bunch of useless wooden fences, no one is going to stop you from wasting branches for a cosmetic upgrade to the sheep pen. I'm not real sure why you think a pen made out of a bunch of corner pieces looks any better than a bunch of oven bases because it doesn't look much like an actual pen.

I read your end part the first time I posted I'm calling the whole goofiness of destroying pens for the sake of not liking how it looks in the first place. I don't go around destroying fence pens just because they're inefficient.

Go ahead and destroy adobe pens if you want it's not like they're hard to fix. The only people you're going to be hurting is the people in the town because ecks dee ugly pen.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2018-09-29 10:37:37

I am Pharo

Exposed: Tarr, master OHOL player and guide creator,  braindead.
lols.

Also,
the solution: plant more trees.

#9 2018-09-29 16:55:44

SomeRandomPerson

I am Pharo wrote:

Exposed: Tarr, master OHOL player and guide creator,  braindead.
lols.

Also,
the solution: plant more trees.

And lackies that think his guides are actually helpful. Like some goofy teleporter that nobody actually uses seriously.

Tarr wrote:

Efficient pens*

You're more than welcome to waste your time making a bunch of useless wooden fences, no one is going to stop you from wasting branches for a cosmetic upgrade to the sheep pen. I'm not real sure why you think a pen made out of a bunch of corner pieces looks any better than a bunch of oven bases because it doesn't look much like an actual pen.

I read your end part the first time I posted I'm calling the whole goofiness of destroying pens for the sake of not liking how it looks in the first place. I don't go around destroying fence pens just because they're inefficient.

Go ahead and destroy adobe pens if you want it's not like they're hard to fix. The only people you're going to be hurting is the people in the town because ecks dee ugly pen.

You won't be so content with that setup when I convert all your sheep to free range.

#10 2018-09-29 17:08:49

Booklat1

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

Like some goofy teleporter that nobody actually uses seriously.

Oh you must be a hell of a griefer if you can't even teleport wounds. I bet you also empty ponds so they won't refill.

#11 2018-09-29 17:16:52

SomeRandomPerson

Booklat1 wrote:
SomeRandomPerson wrote:

Oh you must be a hell of a griefer if you can't even teleport wounds. I bet you also empty ponds so they won't refill.

dvichmtpvgnnzbfiwomiuztwcfmykwgsliwofrxrkajrmrijknvsylueksvvsjzcevjzlhbnziaogjckkphcfnaspdrhksmybeokovlgkhmtploviiqtgswtfokndbnvuwudmcycugvreaqxynycmzdgwesujzlwmmxrqsdqcelncgnaupepswkezkndzvvmerbgbuuokksfkyjbemelzgtqadngiotykhnroxvzafzsbrofevfeaaojgwhyvpaifojpberrfclytoscqhliiimnckyooxcrxdhfpsxwieasgsaoeovcsneaxmpsuhmsryzuugpnlvdtrwxuwstvtximhqyftoihmbtyahadoufassgeewvezngidkayptewbimrxdovozwdyuvzgaewcrnklrsrrhvflubxhcwzqghfuxazkvhklzohfyzjqvdakgtgmaenlatskttxcvrvmndagvenestljaqmvxlbrhrrhtfvvdgp

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-29 17:23:18)

#12 2018-09-29 20:45:57

Stylingirl

SomeRandomPerson wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:
SomeRandomPerson wrote:

dvichmtpvgnnzbfiwomiuztwcfmykwgsliwofrxrkajrmrijknvsylueksvvsjzcevjzlhbnziaogjckkphcfnaspdrhksmybeokovlgkhmtploviiqtgswtfokndbnvuwudmcycugvreaqxynycmzdgwesujzlwmmxrqsdqcelncgnaupepswkezkndzvvmerbgbuuokksfkyjbemelzgtqadngiotykhnroxvzafzsbrofevfeaaojgwhyvpaifojpberrfclytoscqhliiimnckyooxcrxdhfpsxwieasgsaoeovcsneaxmpsuhmsryzuugpnlvdtrwxuwstvtximhqyftoihmbtyahadoufassgeewvezngidkayptewbimrxdovozwdyuvzgaewcrnklrsrrhvflubxhcwzqghfuxazkvhklzohfyzjqvdakgtgmaenlatskttxcvrvmndagvenestljaqmvxlbrhrrhtfvvdgp

Please do not spam

Board footer