One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-27 15:08:17

The_Llamacorn

Cats, Rats & Sicknesses!

So, now that we have all these useless dogs I thought it was time to add some cats!
And they can actually have a purpose!
But, for them to be able to help we have to add the problem, so the most logical thing to add would be rats.
That is the reason cats were tamed after all.

Rats would spawn here and there and eat crops, wheat, food etc. and cats would hunt them down and kill them when they spot one.
The rats would then despawn after a while or you could feed it to the cat and it would get pregnant, you can also feed them mutton.
Other than that, they would work like dogs and there could be different breeds too.
So, what would the cats be tamed from?
That would have to be added too, maybe just wild cats or something else.
Not sure if the wild ones should be dangerous or not.

Now, to the last subject; sicknesses.
This is something I've wanted ever since the medicine update.
A problem a lot of people bring up about sicknesses is that it could be used to grief.
I suggest a solution:
You would only get infected by rats or if you touched the sick person.
You would also be slower if you got sick so it's harder to accidentally touch someone.
And maybe you got worse if you walked around, so we could add beds that you would lay in and it took longer for the sickness to kill you.
If you add different types of sicknesses it could be easier to cure some compared to others, and maybe some could even disappear by themselves you were lucky and had a bed.
And if you add beds this would prompt big civilizations to build hospitals which would be cool.
Also if you were too cold you could get worse.
But the sicknesses shouldn't be too easy to get and not too hard to cure, this would make it impossible for small villages to grow and not die out.

This was just an idea I got while laying in bed so there might be a few mistakes and thing I hadn't thought out too well, feel free to give me some feedback on this. big_smile

(Also, Jason, if you ever want to make a new apocalypse spreading the plague through rats would be awesome. Just saying wink)

Last edited by The_Llamacorn (2018-09-27 15:36:24)

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#2 2018-09-27 15:16:18

Sharlank

Re: Cats, Rats & Sicknesses!

I'd like to see some tech advancements update rather than another "infesting tiles with cute animals to the point of hating them" one for the moment to be honest eheh

#3 2018-09-27 15:19:05

The_Llamacorn

Sharlank wrote:

I'd like to see some tech advancements update rather than another "infesting tiles with cute animals to the point of hating them" one for the moment to be honest eheh

They would have a purpose unlike dogs but I get what you mean, the idea can wait for later and we can have more tech first smile

Last edited by The_Llamacorn (2018-09-27 15:20:43)

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#4 2018-09-27 17:18:36

Trick

Sharlank wrote:

This.

Less useless shit.  More actual tech growth.

#5 2018-09-27 17:42:12

Aurora Aurora

I wanna get sick too!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#6 2018-09-27 18:09:13

Anshin

I love the idea of disease, but I think it's a bit early for it. We'd need rot. Like rotten food... I guess dirty food could work that way too. (finally eat those dirty tortillas!) Beyond that you'd need a way for the disease to manifest (beyond getting various color spots) like dysentery. Which needs having to toilet. Do we run around until we start making farting noises then run off to dig a hole to poop in? How much of our lives do we want to spend doing this? Maybe we could just vomit instead, and skip bringing washroom habits into the game. Eat bad food, you get sick and throw up and loose a bunch of energy points. Okay. Sounds good. Creative rant over. smile

Board footer