One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-03-15 06:05:18

Dogamai

Re: Request for list of content quick-fixes for tomorrow

DuBsters wrote:

Using backpacks right now is very difficult, the "clickbox" for getting things out is pretty tempermental

this is biggest issue as female with long hair, or when wearing wolf cloak.

need to bring the backpack clickable area in front of the player.

and make rightclick cycle through backpack contents like you did with the baskets /carts   (OMFG THANK YOU FOR THAT BTW)

#27 2018-03-15 06:27:31

Graeger

It's very hard to remove a seal fur coat. The hitbox to click it is very small.

#28 2018-03-15 06:55:26

Sheph

Bowl of Water + Hot Coals = Simmering Water + Empty Bowl
When Simmering Water times out, it becomes empty bowl on hot coals which then lets you take an empty bowl (effectively generating a new bowl from nothing).

#29 2018-03-15 07:03:46

JayDex

Could you make it so the following items can go into the cart:
- full bowl of berries
- full bowl of water

Getting compost from far away berries is slow since the cart can't be used. Also, could you make it so when collecting berries from the bushes via a bowl, it only takes four instead of the entire berry bush. This way it can replenish faster since it'll have at least two rather than zero if it's a full bush

Also, right-click on an existing home marker make that yours also!

Thank you!

Last edited by JayDex (2018-03-16 02:26:49)

#30 2018-03-15 08:14:47

Helperguy

maybe some of these are fast fixes:

-shoes should make you run faster
-plant trees for wood
-clothes shall not disappear when dead
-babies shall only spawn, when we are at least playing for 1 jear as eve
-berries currently disappear after some time. they should at least leave a dried berry for compost.
-there should be many berries at one tile possible.the same as with stones. it is currently very unrealistic with one berry per tile

#31 2018-03-15 08:24:37

Turnspender

Backpacks cannot hold composted soil. It has to be removed by baskets first.

Great game by the way, thanks!

#32 2018-03-15 11:53:18

ameliewilde

A way to remove buildings (that is expensive and time consuming but doable, to avoid people destroying buildings for fun) would be nice to revive buildings with architectural mistakes. Ideally demolishing would not consume the sources, again, to make it a non-desirable method for trolls and grievers.

#33 2018-03-15 12:23:33

gizeh

Helperguy wrote:

maybe some of these are fast fixes:

-shoes should make you run faster
-plant trees for wood
-clothes shall not disappear when dead
-babies shall only spawn, when we are at least playing for 1 jear as eve
-berries currently disappear after some time. they should at least leave a dried berry for compost.
-there should be many berries at one tile possible.the same as with stones. it is currently very unrealistic with one berry per tile

This!
You should think about certain items that should be stackable. Like Firewood, berries, stones,maybe logs.

#34 2018-03-15 13:00:43

Chris Donovan

The birth rate of any individual female needs to be regulated. Currently, it seems to be governed by who is an adult female, and how many people are logging in. If there is no adult female, an Eve is spawned.

Being bombarded with 4 back to back births isn't fun. The typical solution most people use is to kill/starve unwanted babies. This is coldly effective. Unfortunately, that baby is also a player, so we compound the problem with another unsatisfying play experience. I typically die three to five times as an infant before I can play. As an adult female character, I have been encouraged by other players to let the babies die.

Since we can't stop new players from logging in, I think we need more starter Eves to spread the births out.

I love the concept of the game, and appreciate your ongoing efforts. Thank you.

PS Please do your best to keep your real kids healthy, no matter how poor your carrot harvest is! wink

#35 2018-03-15 14:12:52

Twinsen

Does people actually understand what's a "quick-fixes"?

#36 2018-03-15 14:40:06

jakeinmn

I wasn't sure what the shallow wells needed to turn into a deep well. Clicking on them with an open hand or hovering mouse over it should introduce the recipe list like everything else.

Seriously enough, murdering is happening as cities can support raiding. I started as an eve, and murderboning is happening because some kids are getting bored. Take into consideration what the Game Rust did to show murderous characters. I could have had some time to run if I knew. Consider adding some quick fix to a knife or arrow tip to be covered in blood if its been used to murder. When running into people in the wild with full kit killing left and right, it gives some information if they're murderboning. A little red tip on the knife or arrow tip would work wonders.

#37 2018-03-15 15:30:02

Darcie

When holding an item like a basket, currently you can not set it down and swap it with another basket.  I think this changed when the item rotation was added.  If a normal click could swap baskets with items on the ground or other baskets that would be great. 

When the wolf hat is on it is hard to get things into and out of backpack.  It also got harder in general after the last patch, again might be related to the item rotation feature being added.

I can't remember for sure, but it seems like baskets also could not be rotated out of carts and boxes now, which would be nice since death by not being able to set down to pick up is difficult even when we had easy basket swapping.

Really like the game.  Nice work. Maybe we will run into each other at GDC. wink

#38 2018-03-15 16:14:21

Tebe

Sheph wrote:

Bowl of Water + Hot Coals = Simmering Water + Empty Bowl
When Simmering Water times out, it becomes empty bowl on hot coals which then lets you take an empty bowl (effectively generating a new bowl from nothing).

Uuuh! Umm! Shhhh!!!

#39 2018-03-15 16:27:18

Znote

It would be cool to actually name babies, and thus have their name appear above their character. I think this would help establish a better connection between a mother and her kids.

The color of the name could represent generation in relation to you, how awesome would it be to be able to see your grand-grand children taking care of the farm, while your camping the fire dying of age and passing down your knowledge to grand-grand-grand children?
Thats what I would call success.

Last edited by Znote (2018-03-15 16:34:15)

#40 2018-03-15 17:19:34

ShadowsSoldier

Jason, when making shimmering water for dyes, the bowl used to make shimmering water gets duplicated currently.

Oh and please give us a visual representation of the amount of water in wells, or give the ability to refill.

#41 2018-03-15 18:02:24

Recipherus

Domestic Sheep constantly have lambs, which constantly die when not fed (and they reproduce faster then you can feed them).   The result is so many dead lambs that you cant dig enough garbage pits to put them in.   Since sheep seem to enjoy running out of their pens, the result is a community littered with dead lambs in numbers too large to remove.

Some fix causing the dead lambs to disappear quickly would be nice.

#42 2018-03-15 18:13:56

ShadowsSoldier

^ That too, so many lamb corpses for the love of god XD

#43 2018-03-15 19:28:27

asterlea

If it's a quick fix, I'd like to suggest making it so that you can't keep eating if your hunger meter is full, to prevent griefing by eating all the food. I've suggested a more complicated system on the suggestions reddit, but if this is a simple edit I think it'd be worth it to put in place until you have the time to implement a more nuanced system if that's what you'd prefer.

#44 2018-03-15 21:33:58

Left4twenty

Digable milkweed stumps? hopefully not too late

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#45 2018-03-15 21:40:53

evan.woods

ShadowsSoldier wrote:

^ That too, so many lamb corpses for the love of god XD

At least the lambs have stopped screaming.

#46 2018-03-15 23:43:32

Uncle Gus

Yes, now we can enjoy.... the silence..... of..... the baby sheep.

#47 2018-03-16 03:25:37

Darcie

Left4twenty wrote:

Digable milkweed stumps? hopefully not too late

Stumps regrow.  The plant only dies and vanishes if you crush it when not fruiting.  You can remove them that way.  A digable form would just give griefers a new joy.

#48 2018-03-16 06:39:32

Eternal

As already mentioned fire should heat evenly around all tiles. I feel like the radius should be increased as well or provide a lasting effect.

It'd be nice see more than just babies around the fire. It could feel more like a rally point to touch base with other people.

Last edited by Eternal (2018-03-16 06:43:04)

Board footer