One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-23 11:32:24

ShadouFireborn

New player, loving the game

This game is just an amazing concept. It's unfortunate that some of the community seems hell bent on ruining the experience for the rest, but trolls will troll, unfortunately.

I have been a berry farmer, and lived my life taking care of the giant sprawling berry farm constructed by generations past.

I have been a baker, taught to make mutton pies, and fed my family with said mutton pies... Until the bear got in the kitchen and I learned the hard way that waving a knife at a bear will do nothing to harm it. At least the girls got away...

I have been the daughter of an Eve, and had the misfortune of only birthing sons. At least my sister had a couple of daughters. One of them was even still alive when I was killed by a snake I didn't notice until it was too late.

I have been the oldest son of an Eve that found herself in a dying outpost. We explored the place, and found everything we could need. Farms. Bakery. Livestock. There was even a hospital. There were even a few living people there... All men. And so we moved in. I took over the bakery. One of my brothers tended the livestock. My sister kept the berry bushes. And as the last remnants of the previous lineage grew old and died, my mother's lineage picked up the fallen torch and carried it. I buried my mother when her time came, and when my own time was up I laid down next to her grave, and said goodbye to my grand nephew who I had given my hat to.

The short lives you live in this game are amazing. I've been part of such wonderful stories in the short time I've had this game, and look forward to being part of many more. I hope to see some of you in game. Maybe we can start writing our stories together.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#2 2018-09-23 13:38:33

tana

Re: New player, loving the game

Welcome to the wonderfull world of One Hour One Life wink

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#3 2018-09-23 13:45:33

Lotus

Sounds like an awesome time smile

#4 2018-09-23 13:51:44

UnnoticedShadow

I wish you the best of luck!

#5 2018-09-23 13:52:40

Tea

Welcome to this wonderful game ! Hope to see you in one of my lifes wink

May your children be productive and your life long!

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#6 2018-09-23 13:57:50

UnnoticedShadow

Don't be that dude who plants 1'000 berry bushes;)

#7 2018-09-23 16:05:05

MultiLife

Heyo! I wonder if you were that one blonde man some days ago who was looking at people making pies, the one I ushered to place mutton on crusts so you'd get to do stuff with your own hands too. big_smile
I've been playing for two months now and still enjoy the varying lives I get. When someone manages to get to you in a negative manner, remember that behind every respawn may be your new favorite life!

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#8 2018-09-23 16:17:40

InSpace

Remember to remember

#9 2018-09-23 17:11:49

Falsewall

MultiLife wrote:

behind every respawn may be your new favorite life!

I like this

#10 2018-09-24 02:02:57

ShadouFireborn

MultiLife wrote:

Heyo! I wonder if you were that one blonde man some days ago who was looking at people making pies, the one I ushered to place mutton on crusts so you'd get to do stuff with your own hands too. big_smile

Probably not, since I only started the game last night. I've been loving it, though. Mostly. I did get to see three murders in three lives in less than an hour and a half earlier today. That was a little disheartening to see. I don't know if it was three different murderers, or the same person that was simply getting into the same towns as me and murdering. It's a little disheartening to think that there are people that play this game that will grief and murder and otherwise just ruin things for no other reason than to destroy.

It's easier to destroy than it is to create. These people are destroying the work of generations, just because they can. One person can, in a matter of minutes, destroy what has taken dozens of people hours to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

It's a rather sad statement about human nature, and what we're willing to do... even eager to do... when there are no real consequences to our actions.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#11 2018-09-24 09:20:00

MultiLife

ShadouFireborn wrote:

Probably not, since I only started the game last night. I've been loving it, though. Mostly. I did get to see three murders in three lives in less than an hour and a half earlier today. That was a little disheartening to see. I don't know if it was three different murderers, or the same person that was simply getting into the same towns as me and murdering. It's a little disheartening to think that there are people that play this game that will grief and murder and otherwise just ruin things for no other reason than to destroy.

It's easier to destroy than it is to create. These people are destroying the work of generations, just because they can. One person can, in a matter of minutes, destroy what has taken dozens of people hours to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

It's a rather sad statement about human nature, and what we're willing to do... even eager to do... when there are no real consequences to our actions.

Ah I see! Well I hope to bump into you one day. big_smile

Yes, another thing is that you can craft in ways that are detrimental to the town, such as making ropes from threads that were needed for something else, or making lassoes out of ropes which were needed for something else. Griefing is very easy in crafting games as there are overlaps in recipes, depleted resources and limitations which can lead to dead ends. Often new things that are added make way for terrible griefing opportunities so be ready to pause your gaming around problematic updates. big_smile

Remember to curse bad guys. Just say "Curse John Johnson II" for example. Be careful to write it correctly and use the correct number if they had some (the second, the third, etc.). We just got an update week or so ago where you are banished to play 'alone' if enough people curse you. This way the normal players get some peace from the griefers. If someone is murdered, they get a "lineage ban" to the family who murdered them. It's a double edged sword but it can ban griefers from entering the line again. But if a town has like three different families, a lineage ban can be bypassed by being born to the other families in the same town. Also twins, triplets and quadruplets seem to be able to bypass lineage bans too.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-09-24 09:25:33)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#12 2018-09-24 10:38:13

Morti

tana wrote:

Welcome to the wonderfull world of One Hour One Life wink

The One Derful World, of One Hour One Life.

--

Sorry...

#13 2018-09-24 11:52:43

PeaGirl

talk about knifing bear. I remember one player trying constantly to stab bear, whie bear was dancing on fire. It was amusing to watch up until the time I went to make arrows. After that bear and most of lineage dying except of me as last girl, eve spawned and became sponge farm. Not that I cared. All my babies were boys. Rip.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Board footer