One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-10 22:31:45

NIKS YMNI GNIL WARK

what happend to the server 3 map post?

i heard about eve spawn area was increased but i'm unsure.
someone explain plz?

#2 2018-03-10 22:33:52

Portager

Re: what happend to the server 3 map post?

My guess is that a feral eve ran way off the map, and started spawning children in a new area with a new camp.

Successive eves likely spawned in this same vicinity and ran even further into the wild unwittingly.

#3 2018-03-10 23:10:53

sammoh

Portager wrote:

My guess is that a feral eve ran way off the map, and started spawning children in a new area with a new camp.

Successive eves likely spawned in this same vicinity and ran even further into the wild unwittingly.

This is part of the reason for the Diaspora. The soil situation near the villages was dire even before the update, and with the seeding penalty villages like Farmer's Peak and Midgard did not stand a chance. Nobody was managing soil correctly to begin with, it must have been the friggin apocalypse when seeds started happening.

We tried to provision against this by loading the granary at One Line Farm with many baskets of soil, hoping others would use it to rekindle after the patch. It appears that instead, many generations of nomads were born and they fled Old Eden in a subsistence-farming frenzy.

This moved the spawning radius off the explored map, and after two days of searching I believe we have moved so far that several lifetimes of travel in the right direction would be the only way to find Old Eden.

The question is, where did we go?

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#4 2018-03-14 12:24:48

yvanhooe

I love it. Somewhere lies our Babylon, the first city of roads ever to be born. The fabled box eden of eternal milkweeds. One day explorers may find it again...

#5 2018-03-15 00:41:33

jord1990

Yeah I hope someone stumbles on our little society.

#6 2018-03-15 01:11:43

Portager

I am pretty sure I spawned there a few days back to a newbie Eve mother, it looked like Three pillars. We ran to the East a ways and encountered a road before she died. I tried to find food but I died not a minute after she did.

Board footer