One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-19 00:11:55

Ellesanna

My name was Ella Berro, Daughter of Eve Berro

My mother and the other eves who had been with her all perished and were swiftly followed by their children. All except me. I was only eight years old.
Alone and confused, I wandered away from the dying camp of starving infants and tried to find something to sustain me. What I found only a good walks away from my desolate birth place shocked me.
A forge and a small berry farm of six gooseberry bushes laid unattended save for a lone, old, skeleton. I could only assume that the owner of said place must've been dead long before my birth and had died alone surrounded by their few possessions. I decided that this small place I would make my new home. I gathered rabbit furs and made a backpack to hunt food for the children I intended to raise and tended to the gooseberry plants.
I got to making more plates and bowls for my humble farm and collected eggs so I could cook them while raising children.
Soon enough, I hit maturity and had my first child. A son I named Josie. I could tell from the start he was a bright boy and told him of what I had found and prepared for him. As soon as he hit walking age, he was off to gather resources to expand our campsite. As soon as I returned back to camp with more eggs, I had my second child- a girl I named Lilith. She spoke often even as a child and I had hope she would make me proud. She too grew up and joined her older brother in helping him prepare camp. Before I could continue hunting, I found myself with a son I named Jack, he unfortunately died too young, at the age of two, for me to ever know what he could've become. After those three, I only had miscarriages.
I helped gather cactus fruits and carrots for my children and made ropes and string before all came to a still. I was lagging. Badly.
I knew my time was soon and that I would die.
At age 32, I dropped off my backpack full of precious cargo crucial to my two remaining children's survival before wandering into the wilderness to die so that my children wouldn't have to bury my body.
I have seen what all my descendants have achieved and I am proud of them! I never would've imagined that my line would go so far. Thank you for playing with me! Josie and Lilith, thank you for not giving up!

Board footer