#1 2018-09-16 11:47:47

boggers

The scariest thing in an Eve run.

dbdc.png

Turned out OK after all though.

#2 2018-09-16 11:49:33

UnnoticedShadow

Re: The scariest thing in an Eve run.

Why is this so scary?  I could understand 40 years, but it's 60!!!

#3 2018-09-16 12:26:37

lucythewanderer

Glad it turned out ok. I lost one of my best runs due to disconnect at 59 and getting that message at 60 would probably break my heart.

~running naked through the swamp

#4 2018-09-16 12:29:30

MultiLife

Glad it just glitched out, I once died at 60 and it said connection lost, but family tree said Old Age (as it should be), but I wasn't even an Eve. big_smile

lucythewanderer wrote:

Glad it turned out ok. I lost one of my best runs due to disconnect at 59 and getting that message at 60 would probably break my heart.

Ouch. I think I heard of this one before.

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Why is this so scary?  I could understand 40 years, but it's 60!!!

You want to die of Old Age so you get to respawn to your camp as a new Eve. You set a home marker and die to Old Age to trigger this. Connection lost, starvation or getting killed will ruin your chances to respawn back to your base.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-09-16 12:33:42)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-09-16 12:48:52

boggers

My previous best chain of Eves was only three, did it twice, forgot to eat at 59 both times.

This fake discon happened to the second Eve who is in a great spot, but I still came back.

4th Eve just died of old age, 5th will start on stone buildings.

It's peaceful but lonely off the main server, maybe Eve six will get some dogs for company.

edit: 5th got a horse instead...

Does anyone know... what is the rule with chaining eves between servers?

My solo Eve run is 6 deep now, died of old age ready for the next... if I play on the main server now, will I lose the Eve spawn location on the quiet server?

Last edited by boggers (2018-09-16 16:08:59)

#6 2018-09-16 19:02:32

lucythewanderer

boggers wrote:

My solo Eve run is 6 deep now, died of old age ready for the next... if I play on the main server now, will I lose the Eve spawn location on the quiet server?

I don't know, have wondered the same but wasn't brave enough to test it. :-(

#7 2018-09-16 20:03:27

tana

lucythewanderer wrote:
boggers wrote:

unless something has changed,  you wont, i've often switched between main and my private place on empty server

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#8 2018-09-16 21:12:44

lucythewanderer

tana wrote:

unless something has changed,  you wont, i've often switched between main and my private place on empty server

Thanks, Tana! That's good to hear.

#9 2018-09-17 09:50:10

Erudaru

tana wrote:
lucythewanderer wrote:
boggers wrote:

Wait, what is quiet vs. main server?

I usually play in server 1 and I can't manage to be respawn after dying as old Eve. In the past I believe it happened much more easily—even several times in succession. Is it because I'm set to custom server, even if it's one of the official servers?

#10 2018-09-17 10:16:20

boggers

By quiet server I just meant any of the official servers >1 where you almost always spawn as Eve.

I have never tried setting server 1 as the custom server and never been born to someone else on the others.

#11 2018-09-17 13:18:54

tana

http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

here you can find a list of all the servers. The adress, status and population. That way if you want to play on an empty server, you can quickly check if nobody's on the one you want, or easily pick an empty one.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#12 2018-09-17 14:33:55

Tea

tana wrote:

http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

here you can find a list of all the servers. The adress, status and population. That way if you want to play on an empty server, you can quickly check if nobody's on the one you want, or easily pick an empty one.

This is really helpful !

Another question: How can I change the server, so that I can play on an empty server ? Couldn't figure that out.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#13 2018-09-17 14:51:06

boggers

go to settings on the main menu, check custom server and type in the one you want eg: server2.onehouronelife.com

Board footer