One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-07 17:05:02

Boltentoke

Re: Install issues

I moved the OneLife folder to ProgramFiles(x86) but still I had this same problem and this solved my issue, launching the game from the original desktop shortcut that was created works just fine as well after following this.
After deleting OneLife.exe.bak and renaming OneLife.exe and launching the game from the renamed OneLife.exe, the update downloads and then you can play. Next time you launch the game if you created a desktop shortcut prior to following this that should still work.

Wispin wrote:

I found a fix that worked for me -

It isn't related to the permissions, but related to the fact that the OneLife.exe and OneLife.exe.bak already seems to exist, which trips up the updater.

If you:

1. Delete the OneLife.exe.bak
2. Rename the OneLife.exe to something like OneLife1.exe
3. Run the executable + get the update
4. Observe: The update should complete

#27 2018-08-01 01:13:20

Zergarthca
New User

I've been using OneLife_v65c for Windows 7 64bit and kept getting the read-only update error. I tried putting it on my desktop, my downloads folder, my Program File folder, my Program Files (x86) folder, nothing. I tried restarting my computer and running it as administrator, still nothing. I went to properties and tried to uncheck the Read-only box and tried again before updating it but that still didn't work.

Wispin's advice was the only thing that finally got it working for me.

#28 2018-09-15 17:35:01

Ellesanna

Wispin wrote:

I found a fix that worked for me -

It isn't related to the permissions, but related to the fact that the OneLife.exe and OneLife.exe.bak already seems to exist, which trips up the updater.

If you:

1. Delete the OneLife.exe.bak
2. Rename the OneLife.exe to something like OneLife1.exe
3. Run the executable + get the update
4. Observe: The update should complete

^^^THIS WORKED FOR ME!
Thanks Wispin! You are the best!

Board footer