One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-14 22:42:31

Booklat1

Economy and property

tl dr, Learn how to keep your stuff on yourself. Be aware that your work produces value, specially if you can find help/a way to not be interrupted

I think it's safe to say that societies in ohol have been kept by a communitary economy. There is little private property and no governments regulating that which we produce. Sure, you can get a bag and keep items to yourself, but that is a very limited amount of slots so you gotta choose wisely when you choose what to carry. Food and for some people like me a knife are a must. There are more complicated ways to keep your stuff as well, such as locks. Still, it seems there is not much to keep and yet too few space to store it. Let's see a practical example:

A shepard making apron needs to constantly use shears and spindle, probably knife and a pie. That's the four slots of the bag if he wants to make sure no tool is stolen. What about the ball of yarn? should you drop spindle? what if people steal your thread for stupid rabbit loincloths? Well, this gets a lot better after that fifth slot in the apron. it doesn't seem much, but each item counts. If your wallet could hold a maximum of 3 bills that'd probably be an issue, right?

So, self-storage is value, what else? Well, now you know you should not underestimate the ease of doing things when you have more items on yourself, you'll probably want an apron to go with the bag, yea? If you're a good shepard too you'll take a cart of bowls, fill with berries and carrots, and get sheep going nicely. But, of course, you can also help another shepard, get them the food and clean the pen while they shear and butcher sheep. Your work will be faster, maybe enough to get you both an apron. Maybe you'll even inherit his bag or knife. This is also a much better way to get stuff then shearing sheep you didn't feed and running the risk of being stabbed. Your work counts a lot. specially when it's organized work, so communicating helps a lot if you bother enough (but you can also take your stuff away to work safely).

I'll maybe make this a series of posts, i think next should be on currency.

#2 2018-09-14 23:10:27

FounderOne

Re: Economy and property

working coordinated together is always more valuable for the group.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#3 2018-09-15 04:21:32

SomeRandomPerson

In Theory you can make locked doors and chests then just keep the key on you.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-15 04:26:30)

#4 2018-09-15 16:42:15

Booklat1

yeah, the post was gettig long so i kinda left those out. I think a chest hidden somewhere off-town is a good way to store stuff you make. Just don't do it to communitary stuff.

I see a lot of people saying we can't trade yet, but anyone living off-town and using wild resources can keep those and them trade with people in the town. I like it better as a part of the civs but that's not the only way to play this game.

Board footer