One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-14 15:30:37

Tea

Hope for the city

Frances Farthing stopped and looked over his work. The huge berry farm started to look more organised than he had found it in his younger years. Wooden floors surrounded a three by three berry group and a stone floor marked the corners.

His back ached due to the constant bending down, tearing out some berries and watering those he wanted to keep. But he was pleased with himself. He had done a good job.

The city was located in a good place, in the middle of a desert and swamp biome, not far from the green biome. They had everything a good city needed. Wheat, carrots, berries, sheep and cows and even a big farm with beans, corn and squash for stew.

Frances smiled, closed his eyes and listened to the sounds filling the air around him. The bakers trying to keep up with the amount of mutton meat that needed to be cooked. The sheep crying when being sheered and the carts creaking while carrying heavy boards and stones. But all this will be gone soon.

His heart filled with sadness. Not because he had little time left and the berry farm wasn't quite done yet but for another sadder reason. There were no more fertile females in this city.

The birthrate was pretty low in this city and some young girls had died to some deceases like "Forgot-to-eat" Syndrome. The last fertile woman gave birth to a baby boy just before turning gray. The big city he had loved so much was dying.

He sighed and started to hear a distant sound of music. His time has come and he will soon join his mother, who he had buried next to a beautiful tree. He looked one more time over his berries and went to the bakery to say his good byes.

His eyes were weak and heavy and he was very tired. He wanted to say good bye to everyone but just before he could say a word, he saw something. Something he had never thought would happen.

A young woman appeared next to him and soon a baby was born. It was an Eve.

His weak heart skipped a beat and he was so happy. The city will soon be filled with people one more time and his little farm will be alright. He managed to greet the new woman before the music stopped and darkness embraced him.

Death by old age.

Last edited by Tea (2018-09-15 00:28:08)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-09-14 16:53:59

MultiLife

Re: Hope for the city

Lovely! I have yet to experience that. Would also be funny to be the Eve popping in.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-09-14 16:54:24)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-09-14 16:59:09

boggers

Nice.

I was your great Grandmother, renowned seamstress Beautiful Farthing. I had three fine daughters - Penny Farthing, Gold Farthing, and Silver Farthing. You probably had one of the sealskin coats I made.

Was a very nice town back in my day too, I shipped in all that iron from the west mine and set up the parking and saddles for horses on the north road. We didn't have a horse though... I died of old age waiting for the lasso milkweed to grow.

#4 2018-09-14 20:48:20

Morti

Tea wrote:

A young woman appeared next to him and soon a baby was born. It was an Eve.

That may have been me.

Everyone started saying "Hello Eve" and someone asked "How are you?" I said "I'm OK" not thinking, and suddenly my name was Eve Ok http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1074163

It was a pleasure to be back in that town. If it is the one I spawned in. I made the choppy road west to the iron mine, through the swamp, and just now lived another life where I made the road east, through the berry field in the Grasslands (took out those 3 berry bushes along the path to keep it nice and straight) and made the path go all the way to 4 more iron nodes to the east.

Hopefully things work out there.

When I passed away, the people were making 3x3 farm plots with wood floors and stone intersections, the way I recommended before there were flat stone roads. It was nice to see, and I helped gather some big rocks for the intersections with a horse before I passed away.

I was Titus and buried my uncle near the first iron mine to the east along the road. I think it was Uncle Alfred.

smile

#5 2018-09-14 22:09:58

gabal

I was tenth generation of the OK family, the town is doing great. One of the nicer ones I have lived in recently.

Board footer