One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-22 20:13:02

TrustyWay

Religions, Cults and History

Some of you might already know that, but anyway, here some history before I start talking about one true cult :

One of the first religion in the game was the Jason god religion, the developper was god for some people. Of course there were others such as the carrot god religion or the berrislam. Anyway, Jason created the green grass you walk on, the fresh blue sky nobody has ever seen. We were the first humans enjoying this paradise. We builded towns, temples, roads, we had civilisations and we were plenty, we were even creating city rules and traditions. It was flourishing everywhere until something happened : Jason finally spoke through our minds :《 I heard, you all prayed and it was very convincing, shall your wishes become reality, I will show you my vision of the futur 》. We had no clue of what it could be.

Then the 7 Apocalypses began, sea level rised, sun disappeared. Everbody went mad, Everything was gone, all servers got wipe out. Thousands, what I am saying, millions of hours were gone. We subished 7 apocalypses, each of them was nailing us even more everytime, and then nothing. Everything was sterile. Nobody was there except some rags. We were hobos by now.

We didn't forget our past but we knew we wont ever live  again what we experienced. People and their mentality changed, Jason wasn't the main god jere anymore, new spirits and ways of thinking appeared such as the Great Mushroom Cult. We understood that mushrooms give the ability to travel into the past, they gave us answers to our questions. We do not need more spirits nor gods nor anything else : We rejected everything. Anyobody trying to deny the Cult is a threat to us and the past we defend.

We protect the world against monoliths, so cultists like us fights all Jason religious zealots and other strange religions such ad the Anti-Spider God because they might reactivate a monolith one day. We have to save the world and let mushrooms open us to a new better place.

We need cultists to save this world, We need you.

We thank you, oh Mushrooms, for revealing the cunning plans of our futur to us.
May your light shine down on the souls of the brave cultists who gave their lives in service to your will.
Onward warriors of the Fungus, avenge your fallen brothers, blessed as they are in their eternal union with the Gods.
Bring death to those who spurned the holy power of the Mushrooms
Oh Mushrooms, we do not hear you, why have you left us, oh Mushrooms? We await your orders, oh Mushrooms. We are looking forward to meeting you soon once again.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-09-10 13:05:58)

#2 2018-05-22 23:20:06

Dishehs

Re: Religions, Cults and History

I'll give you credit where it's due. Feeding people mushrooms was hilarious, some took the joke and some got salty. I fed the salty ones mushrooms over and over, each time they got more pissed.

I even took a step further one time. I found that if you died while high your next life would be a perma trip. So i gave them a mushroom and murdered them when they got high.

#3 2018-09-10 12:33:48

TrustyWay

Dishehs wrote:

I'll give you credit where it's due. Feeding people mushrooms was hilarious, some took the joke and some got salty. I fed the salty ones mushrooms over and over, each time they got more pissed.

I even took a step further one time. I found that if you died while high your next life would be a perma trip. So i gave them a mushroom and murdered them when they got high.

Rip perma trip bug

#4 2018-09-10 17:13:17

Falsewall

I thought that wasn't fixed.

#5 2018-09-10 20:50:14

Dredonkey

that would be cool if it wasnt fixed

#6 2018-09-10 21:26:43

Roblor

Last night after realizing I had spend too long playing OHOL, I spend a life meditation on a temperate tile, trying to attain liberation from the cycle of death and rebirth by not engaging in OHOLy affairs. I mostly only left my spot to eat berries from full wild berrybushes and I managed to eat only one of each bush before the one eaten berry of the first bush had respawned. I also felt obliged to do an iron run to make up for the sacrifice my mother had done to bring me into this world, but apart from this and a few other minor chores I stayed indifferent to this life and the progress of the village.
Some people joined me from time to time, but I suspect they were to engaged on OHOL gameplay to break free from the samsara.
Finally when my life was up, I was able to break the cycle and get back to focusing on my school assignment that I had been putting off for so long.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

Board footer