One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 04:20:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Friends and Strangers

f3Adouq.gif

I have returned from my family vacation, and I've brought you home an update.

First, two new characters, from two new skin tones.

Then loads of bug fixes and little improvements.  You can now right-click to swap what you're holding with items in your backpack.  Some glitches in baby naming have been fixed.  At least one cause of the bouncing-forever bug has been found and fixed.  Flying objects, when you pick something up and then immediately walk away, have been fixed to snap right to you as soon as you start moving.  You can no longer steal backpacks from old people by swapping their pack with another pack.

Finally, last week, you may have experienced a few deadly "lag waves," where everyone on the server freezes for 30+ seconds, and then suddenly the connection comes back.  Depending on hunger status at the time of the temporary outage, a whole village could potentially be wiped out.  I traced this issue to some kind of networking problem with my hosting provider.  They investigated, and decided to perform an emergency migration of Server1 to a different hardware node.  Hopefully, the problem should be fixed.

#2 2018-09-08 07:56:55

marsrider
Website

Re: Update: Friends and Strangers

I am wondering, how do we make friends? Any tips and tricks? Thanks for another important update, Jason, good to have you back, but I'm also equally happy that you took some time off, burn out is not what this game needs!

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#3 2018-09-08 08:42:34

JonySky
Website

welcome back Jason
I'm glad to know that it's back, good update !!! as always, thank you very much for your work!

#4 2018-09-08 15:24:29

MsBee

Thanks for all your hard work Jason! I hope that vacation was refreshing!
I like that you changed it so we can no longer switch bags with old people. I think it would also be good to make it so babies can't switch clothing... My mother gave me a crown and a new bag one life, and some other little girl, with and old bag and a fur hat, traded me bags and hats. Then she got too old and I couldn't switch my stuff back. It was very upsetting.

#5 2018-09-10 23:55:18

helloworld

wow, I did post about the old people backpack switch thing. I wonder, if that influence things. Thanks either way, seemed like a bad feature being able to switch BP with old people.

Board footer