One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-07 01:51:44

kcmcc2

The Forgotten Bakery, the Stark Triplets, and the Curse of the Shroom

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1022921

I was born to a woman whose name did not match her personality--Lucifer Stark IV. We lived among the berry bushes in a large town with a long road leading north and east. Mom was kind and caring, and always encouraged me to follow my dreams. She held me until I grew my hair, and then told me to live as I pleased.

I saw nothing for me in the berry bushes, and I decided to set off to find my own way. I followed the road east and came across a few abandoned buildings. There was a hospital, a smithery, and a room full of unbaked bread. I donned the abandoned chef's hat, apron, and knife, and decided that it was my life goal to revitalize this part of town. I would start with the berry fields and the bakery.

I lived alone for many years and worked hard to sustain the berry farm and ignite the kiln. I noticed some odd relics of the past during my exploration of the area: fields of psychedelic mushrooms, notes scribbled with mysterious messages, broken tools. I worked hard to gather materials together until I gave birth to my first child, whom I named after my mother (Lucy II). I soon had another daughter named Lolita. I found a warm place and nourished myself and my children on pots of previously cooked stew.

I pride myself on being an exceptionally good mother, so I made it my utmost priority to care for my children, even at the cost of losing precious time for work. I was a rather fertile woman and constantly had babies until my hair turned grey. At one point, I had triplets! I didn't even know that such a thing was possible! I named my three daughters Annabelle, Bonnie, and Calliope. I accidentally bestowed my treasured chef's hat on Calliope, which was an omen of things to come...

Life went on around me and without me. My children revitalized the bakery on their own, and began making pies and bread. My eldest daughter had her first child, and proudly presented her baby to me. I lost a child who would not stop running on the nearby road. I lost another child, Juniper, when he was accused of dangerously harboring a knife and put to death by my elder brother, Mark Stark. Juniper ran up to me and tearfully told me what had happened, but I believed my brother, who previously warned us that Juniper was dangerous. I should have listened to my child...

At one point, I took it on myself to care for my grandson while his mother went back to work. During this time, I indulged in a psychedlic mushroom, confident in my abilities to care for my grandchild even in my inebriated state. I was old and I wanted to have a little fun. As I started tripping out, my older brother Mark came up behind me and stabbed me with his knife. I could hardly believe it--why would someone kill their own sister? Did he not think of all the time I had spent building up the ruins of this village? What of the children that I nursed, and the grandchildren that I was caring for?

I cursed Mark and warned my children. Calliope avenged me and stabbed Mark with her knife. My last words were ones of gratitude for this act of justice: "Thank you." If only I had focused on building up the hospital, perhaps I could have survived the attack.

Love to all my children: Lucy II, Lolita, Juniper (I'm sorry I didn't believe you), Stephanie, Anise, Annabelle, Bonnie, Calliope the Avenger, Rune (Runner), and Cowen (Cow). Much love to my grandchildren, especially those who carried on the legacy until Gen 12. I hope to see you all in another life.

Last edited by kcmcc2 (2018-09-07 03:48:39)

Board footer