One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-02 20:27:55

karltown_veteran

New characters?

Are they still coming? Ive been eagerly awaiting them ever since the first batch came out and I got to joke around with my odd-looking kiddles.

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2018-09-02 20:28:20)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2018-09-02 20:33:07

Aurora Aurora

Re: New characters?

Im pretty sure there are supposed to be 100+ so I'm sure more are coming

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2018-09-03 18:25:10

The_Llamacorn

Yeah, I hope so, but we'll have to wait and see...

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#4 2018-09-03 20:13:59

Keks

Well I drawn an idea for new characters big_smile But I think he has other ideas in mind for now.

cc_copy.png

#5 2018-09-03 22:25:37

Booklat1

idk if they're coming but i'd like more ethnic groups even more than variety of models per group (at least for now, I know intrapopulational variation is THE thing).

Maybe more body type variation would be cool too like short/tall, skinny/chubby bodies for each character. This ll combined could even turn into more advanced ingame genetics.

I find that however, this game has an essencial flaw that makes genetics mechanics much less interesting. The lack of fathers makes it so babies only take after their mothers, disabling the double genome that makes diploid genetics so interesting (and capable of really mixing and scrambling genetic material).

#6 2018-09-04 14:02:00

Anshin

Hmmmm how to haploid genetics?

Divided traits into categories which are each on a scale:

Hair = straight - wavy - curly
HairColor = black - brown - blond
EyeShape = round - almond
EyeColor = black - brown - green - blue
SkinColor = dark brown - light brown - tan - pink
Height = small - medium - tall
Endomorph = 1.2x character sprite width (might be better left for skinny/fat eating mechanics)
Ectomorph = 0.8x character sprite width (might be better left for skinny/fat eating mechanics)

Add some random chance of interesting mutations:
half-albino = red hair
full-albino = white hair, white skin, blue eyes
color blind = player sees game in grayscale
near sighted = current original zoom level
(default regular vision should be changed to the 1080p setting seen in the zoomMod.)
far sighted = 1440p zoomMod
dwarfism = 0.5x character sprite size
gigantism = 1.5x character sprite size

Then have the babies tend to be like the mother, or occasionally within one point of deviation of her.

So for example if mom has straight brown hair, her kids will also tend to have straight brown hair (of which there are several styles to draw from) but sometimes a kid has wavy brown hair, or straight blond hair. If you do this for all the possible traits the kids should come up with a nice variety even if the chance of change per trait is low.

#7 2018-09-04 14:50:57

Aurora Aurora

Anshin wrote:

Endomorph = 1.2x character sprite width (might be better left for skinny/fat eating mechanics)
Ectomorph = 0.8x character sprite width (might be better left for skinny/fat eating mechanics)

half-albino = red hair
(default regular vision should be changed to the 1080p setting seen in the zoomMod.)

Then have the babies tend to be like the mother, or occasionally within one point of deviation of her.

So for example if mom has straight brown hair, her kids will also tend to have straight brown hair (of which there are several styles to draw from) but sometimes a kid has wavy brown hair, or straight blond hair. If you do this for all the possible traits the kids should come up with a nice variety even if the chance of change per trait is low.

+1

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#8 2018-09-04 15:25:54

Booklat1

Anshin wrote:

half-albino = red hair

I mean, it can be done, with enouth loci and alleles we can get quite an insteresting amount of variation. Scalinng of models could even be based in quantitative genetics, giving in even more variation. The problems is the inheritance aspect of haploid genetics which is that unless there are mutations all kids would be exatly like their mothers. I think Jason might have already solved this since kids usually keeping their moms ethnicity suggests there is a bigger chance of them being different in something other than their ethnicity. In a more elaborate system this could be made into a smaller mutation chance in the ethnic group slot.

Board footer