One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-01 03:40:50

hailey

Such a Wonderful Life

I was born into a very large city, one I’ve been to many times before. My mother had given me the name Diana Sterling. She was a good mom, very tentative and kind. From a young age I watched her pull carrots from the garden, eager to be able to help her one day.

That’s when I met you, Baden Sterling.

We chatted, with what little we could say, from across the garden as our mothers worked. Those few seconds sparked a wonderful friendship. When we grew older we met again in the berry garden, you asked if I had a job. Finally having my own freedom I had ran away too fast before my mother could give me one. I simply told you no and asked if you did.

That’s when I remembered the house I was building a past life that was never completed. Excitedly I told you about it, quickly filling a bowl with berrys, in hopes you’d go with me to see it and if it was ever completed. You jumped on my invite and away we went.

The house was how I left it, collecting cobwebs with no purpose. That’s when we agreed to build it together. That it would be our house. Getting right to work you started to collect wood for the floors while I found rocks for the walls. Within no time we started to have children and the house was put on pause. Our children had become our priority. We proudly showed the children our home and told them they were more than welcome to stay with us. Or if they wanted to live in the big city they were more than welcome to do that also.

Many of my children ran off into the woods giving me time again to tend to the house. A few years went by, I’d see you in town teaching your son. I was excited for you to come back and see how much I had gotten done since you were away. It was actually starting to look like a home.

People were starting to take interest in our little house, asking what we needed and how they could help. It was such a nice gesture, people helping us make our dream come true. We talked about building a little garden with a fence next to the house. We thought corn would be the perfect fit.

Within no time we were old and gray. Wondering down to the kilns I found you with your son. We commented on how old we were getting and decided to enjoy our house one last time together, completed. It was beautiful, many of us gathered inside and celebrated its completion. The last step was a door.

I had run down to get a berry when I heard you calling my name. Running back up to the house I noticed the large wooden door you were holding and eagerly trying to put on our house. “Hurry!” You explaimed as I ran around search for stakes to complete it. It was too late...

By the time I got back, I watched you fall to the ground. My friend was gone, heartbroken I died at 59 minutes. Too sad to pick one last berry.

Such an amazing life and another reminder why I love this game so much. All the different lives one can have and how they play out in the end. All so unique! I had a great time playing with you Baden:)

——————-

*can’t post links due to being new to forums*

| Eve Willow |

Board footer