One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-25 22:13:51

Matisz

Opposite of Curse, Trust!

After having a session of playing with people of good intents (and skills), I wish there was a way that you could reward them for their play that would stick even after death.  An idea I thought that may work was similar to curse but in the opposite manner.  How about awarding them a +1 by saying "Trust <player name>"?  It would give more power to the community by recognizing people who work hard towards building civilizations.  Just like the curse, you only have 1 to give per hour of play and they would wear off over time.  It could possibly be represented by a light blue text bubble. 

In my opinion, if I were a mother and had a child with this light blue, it would be exciting because you know you have got a great gift here.  And as the player, it's nice to know that people respect the fact that you have done great things for previous villages and more than likely look forward to working with you in the current game.  An unfortunate problem may be people (griefers) writing their own name on a piece of paper to exploit this system.

#2 2018-08-25 23:17:21

startafight

Re: Opposite of Curse, Trust!

when jason first proposed the curse system it was alongside a "bless" system that would award the blessed individual with blue text and -curse but he decided it would just make those people targets

#3 2018-08-26 02:23:58

Turnipseed

startafight wrote:

when jason first proposed the curse system it was alongside a "bless" system that would award the blessed individual with blue text and -curse but he decided it would just make those people targets

Kinda wish he gave it a shot though might be a good incentive for people not to be dicks

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-08-26 06:06:21

JellyLegs

Being cursed is treated as an achievement and gives some people more of an incentive to be bad so they get cool text. Like a vanity perk. I agree it would be more balanced with "blessed" children being added as well. I can think of a lot of interesting situations that could arise by having both blessed and cursed players.

#5 2018-08-26 09:53:44

Lum

This was discussed at length when Jason implemented the curse system. It won't happen.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2018-08-26 10:18:52

boggers

I wasn't around for the previous discussion, but was it suggested back then that bless, instead of being some visible anti-curse, could work by increasing the likelihood of being born to a certain player, or  even to a viable mother in their vicinity? It would have to be mutual, so that if two players have previously blessed each other, they'd go on each other's short list of preferred spawn locations. Such a system over time would have the effect of grouping like minded players. RPers end up in RP villages, for eg.

#7 2018-08-26 16:47:28

AmyJ

I remember that discussion when it was going on, but I'd still love to see a bless/trust system. It would be so fun!

#8 2018-08-26 19:44:12

TheRedBug

The stew master wants a bless system too
Who cares if i become the target. His remains will fuel the fire for my stew.

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#9 2018-08-26 19:47:22

Roblor

What if we just make the blessed people more fertile, so that they have better chances of starting eve families and/or keeping a line going?

(No speech glitter please)

Last edited by Roblor (2018-08-26 19:48:04)

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#10 2018-08-26 22:03:50

hmrka

maybe blessed people wouldn't need pads to survive? like you would only use a needle and thread and they're healed. It would make them more likely to survive if they would be targeted.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#11 2018-08-26 22:47:05

TheRedBug

hmrka wrote:

maybe blessed people wouldn't need pads to survive? like you would only use a needle and thread and they're healed. It would make them more likely to survive if they would be targeted.

Ehm... idk?
Also you dont need pad with you have a needle and thread
A ball of thread and needle requires a pad however

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#12 2018-08-26 22:53:17

hmrka

TheRedBug wrote:
hmrka wrote:

Ehm... idk?
Also you dont need pad with you have a needle and thread
A ball of thread and needle requires a pad however

Okay but If they would be targeted there should be something to conbat that, maybe they would have more time before dying?

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

Board footer