One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-26 03:02:46

Monolith_Rans

Disabled Child

I noticed that my daughter Lambert wasn't responding soon after she was born.  I was devastated and carried her around until she grew too big.  She stopped in a green spot just below the forge and there, I started a fire beneath her feet.  I had several more children of my own, many of whom died young of starvation in our meager town, but I worried that Lambert would be my last daughter, so i fed her berries as I tried to tend to tool making.  I raised all of her children that she birthed even as she remained in a coma.  To my surprise I had another daughter just before I went grey and named her Janice.  Feeding her on berries alongside her catatonic sister broke my heart, but she grew up strong.  She took over my job at the forge and crafted a knife to vanquish snakes.  I stayed by Lambert to keep her fed and name her infants who would be raised without the comfort of their mother's milk.  I grew older still.  "I'm afraid to leave Lambert," I told Janice.  "I'm afraid she'll die without me."
  Janice, always so practical replied, "She may die, Mom,"  and I was in agony, so helpless.  Janice promised to raise Lambert's children and was relieved when Janice picked lifted Lambert's newborn son and named him.  Such joy I had inside.  Somehow I found comfort in the idea that I had done all I could. Just then, Lambert's hair went grey.  I fed myself and said goodbye to my family.  "Goodbye my Loves.  See you in the next life, Lambert." My heart swelled with gratitude  that I was blessed with two amazing daughters.  Lambert, who saved our village even though she was not well; and Janice, who's fortitude and heart inspired me to keep going when I thought I couldn't anymore.
  Bless you both.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

Board footer