One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-31 17:41:29

Roblor

Future implementations to the game

Please post suggestions and discuss.

The three major items I think is important for the games further development in the future is;

Water terrain. Rivers with fords and lakes with lake biome (goose nests, tulereeds). Low level water areas are fordable and high level water areas are swimable. If every tile had an altitude level and a moisture value and after that a water level value natural water physics can take place. Water is generated from the snow tiles and absorbed into tiles giving them moisture value, then surface water which will rapidly move to lower altitude tiles. Moisture value should also move from high altitude to low altitude, but slower than surface water ofc.
When a tile has reached it's maximum water level and there are no lower altitude-tiles surrounding it any additional water value from higher altitude-tiles should just be negated to prevent flooding as water value is infinitely generated from snow tiles

The second is the altitude levels which are invisible to the players, but affects biome generation. Snow on the highest altitude-tiles will create natural water-flow to the map. This requires a sophisticated map generator that can form an altitude map that feels natural. Maybe set up a test server for players who want to test out this new feature. Stone biome should have highest chance of spawning on the second highest highest altitude levels. The other biomes should spawn depending on their moisture levels. Stone biome should also be able to hold double the moisture level of any other tile, but remain unaffected by any biome change. mountains have a lot of subterranean rivers.

For more advanced tech crafting is the introduction of a right-hand left-hand control.
It'd be also useful for toddlers who could really use having an extra inventory slot to survive adolescence. Some items should of course occupy both hand slots for obvious reasons. Anyway as crafting gets more and more advanced later on, two hand control toggled with the ctrl button, will allow for this.

Different types of storage furniture; like table! You can put bowls and plates on it to save space and people will get clear view of the food. Shelves are also useful.
Riding horses should give increased perspective field of view for the rider even at the loss of detail of small items such as seeds, needles, etc..
A compost box or house to make soil production more efficient   
facilities that include walls and support beams such as the windmill for ease of large scale wheat farming
crank-pumps for deep well water extraction .
Anvil and metal tongs and stone furnaces and maybe copper for easier but lower quality tools.
And bridges will be a thing if natural water landscapes are in the way.
Also sooner or later I feel that roofs should become a thing

Last edited by Roblor (2018-08-18 22:46:31)

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#2 2018-08-01 07:28:38

EveChu

Re: Future implementations to the game

Do not forget canals and irrigation systems! Also, we should be able to have rain and perhaps floods? The floods would impact different crops like rice...? There’s also the fact we need a way to make dirt paths and soon advance to stone.

It is also extremely important that we get beaches or rivers, for fish could be a new food source and perhaps glass? The glass could be utilizaed to help a child born with bad eyesight.

#3 2018-08-01 11:59:26

Anshin

#4 2018-08-18 22:52:56

Roblor

Wolves should spawn a new wolf each time they kill a player or if they land on a tile with a dead rabbit or mutton that item should be automatically consumed for the same purpose.

Later in the game development food conservation and storage tech should be a thing. Food unproperly cared for should despawn like berries.

Last edited by Roblor (2018-08-18 22:53:25)

#5 2018-08-19 08:03:45

Chip

I think hunger should be slowed down a tad.

#6 2018-08-19 12:06:58

hmrka

Would be nice If we could tame wolves (into dogs) maybe you would have to give them goose or some other meat?

Then you could make a leash (with rope and something other) and put the dogs near rabbit holes so they work like snares and kill rabbits.

Also they could be named

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#7 2018-08-19 13:22:15

MultiLife

hmrka wrote:

Would be nice If we could tame wolves (into dogs) maybe you would have to give them goose or some other meat?

Then you could make a leash (with rope and something other) and put the dogs near rabbit holes so they work like snares and kill rabbits.

Also they could be named

I like it a lot, dogs being like extra snares. As long as they don't require a lot of food to live. If they ate rabbit and goose bones that'd be great. I wouldn't mind if they ate human bones too, as bad as that sounds.

Roblor wrote:

Wolves should spawn a new wolf each time they kill a player or if they land on a tile with a dead rabbit or mutton that item should be automatically consumed for the same purpose.

This would be such an easy way to grief. Griefers would steal mutton meant for pies and steal rabbits to make wolf hordes in badlands and then iron retrievers and scouts would die on their runs as the wolves would spread, possibly reaching towns, unless someone was always ready to kill them with a bow. It's just an easy way to grief behind people's backs.
Overall yes animals should respawn, trees too, or there could be ways to respawn each biome's wandering animal by leaving their favorite food around (excluding bears as those are not roaming ones). So as an example, if someone kills all nearby moufflons, someone could go to their biome and leave berries and carrot bowl there until a new moufflon spawns and consumes it. I'd like rabbits to move back in too if food is left near the abandoned burrows for long enough time.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-19 13:53:17)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#8 2018-08-20 12:32:46

Spiegel

I want the middle ages. neutral

Like, I'm talkin' fancy pointy shoes~ Tunics~ Longswords~ Mutton~. . . Horse-clothes. . . The whole nine.

#9 2018-08-20 19:32:24

Kinrany

For more advanced tech crafting is the introduction of a right-hand left-hand control.

Two hands -> item manipulation with hotkeys -> crafting takes less time

#10 2018-08-23 21:05:38

Miladayday

I think storage is a bit of a thing right now. Especially with threashed wheat and mutton. Unless you have a very efficient cooking department, it often ends up lying around, piling up, taking up space.

It would be nice if jute bags (storing wheat) and barrels (storing salted meat) would be added in order to store quantities of the same item.

Or perhaps the ability to turn "abandoned" bear caves into a "primative" storage area? (do bear respawn? idk)  People would have to unleash the bear and kill it before it does any damage to even get to building it.. In my eyes that would be a good challange for an expanding city. X)

Last edited by Miladayday (2018-08-23 21:08:26)

#11 2018-08-23 21:36:07

voy178

More things need to be made disposable. Can't trash pork and other items with very limited and niche use. That being said, more food combinations with pork and other single-purpose veggies would be good to clear up some of that trash laying around with no efficient use.

Also, more stackable items like piles of seed (for each type). That alone would save a lot of space especially for all that carrot, milkweed and corn that gets spread around.

#12 2018-08-23 22:14:09

Roblor

I love the stackable clay plates! I was just about to suggest that.

#13 2018-08-24 02:36:40

Doctor Steve

I have one suggestion---

QUICHE.

Large settlements end up with so many eggs. If we could turn eggs into pies that might be something. We could have different types of quiche too like just egg, or egg+carrot, egg+mutton, egg+rabbit or whatever.

#14 2018-08-24 03:45:11

Anshin

Miladayday wrote:

I think storage is a bit of a thing right now. Especially with threashed wheat and mutton. Unless you have a very efficient cooking department, it often ends up lying around, piling up, taking up space.

It would be nice if jute bags (storing wheat) and barrels (storing salted meat) would be added in order to store quantities of the same item.

Or perhaps the ability to turn "abandoned" bear caves into a "primative" storage area? (do bear respawn? idk)  People would have to unleash the bear and kill it before it does any damage to even get to building it.. In my eyes that would be a good challange for an expanding city. X)

These are all very good ideas!

Board footer