One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 05:33:44

WomanWizard

Multiple births, the good kids.

Can we talk about twins/triplets/quads who went on to be productive members of society? All I ever see are horror stories, but if you manage to raise them, I personally haven't had too much trouble with multiples being griefers. I think the issue is them all standing on the same tile and not knowing which ones you've fed. One starves cause you missed picking it up, and they all peace out.

That's fine. I get it. But tell me your stories of multiples who made it through infancy and went on to help the town.

Here's mine: Tonight we had a set of quads who were born to a dying mother after a string of stabbings. I may or may not have been the last one to stab someone, so I was on murder cooldown feeling bad for these kids who had no mother to raise them. Luckily my cousin stepped up, and once I could interact with things again, I helped her feed them and brought her food so she could focus on picking each baby up one by one.

The quads, miraculously, survived that horrible ordeal. I gave one of them the only spare hat in town and called him the chosen one.

Now I'll admit that I don't have any amazing story about these boys, but they went on to be very productive. Helped the farms, brought seeds, didn't all quit when one died as a child. One of them helped me stop a griefer by nabbing her arrows and putting them in his backpack. I stabbed her. I don't normally stab that much in one life, but sometimes the stars just line up that way, you know?

Anyway, I gave chosen one my blue hat when I was old. He got killed by a boar as I was dying of old age. I saw him run past with red text: "Chosen one down!" he cried.

My last words? "Chosen one down, lol."

I'm glad we raised those boys. It was a fun life and they were fun to play with.

I just wanted to bring this up because so many people won't raise twins. I've quaded with streamers, and I like to think we know what we're doing when we spawn in. Just give us a chance if you have the resources to spare. I totally get it if you're an Eve though, really.

#2 2018-08-20 05:46:08

Neo

Re: Multiple births, the good kids.

WomanWizard wrote:

Can we talk about twins/triplets/quads who went on to be productive members of society? All I ever see are horror stories, but if you manage to raise them, I personally haven't had too much trouble with multiples being griefers. I think the issue is them all standing on the same tile and not knowing which ones you've fed. One starves cause you missed picking it up, and they all peace out.

That's fine. I get it. But tell me your stories of multiples who made it through infancy and went on to help the town.

Here's mine: Tonight we had a set of quads who were born to a dying mother after a string of stabbings. I may or may not have been the last one to stab someone, so I was on murder cooldown feeling bad for these kids who had no mother to raise them. Luckily my cousin stepped up, and once I could interact with things again, I helped her feed them and brought her food so she could focus on picking each baby up one by one.

The quads, miraculously, survived that horrible ordeal. I gave one of them the only spare hat in town and called him the chosen one.

Now I'll admit that I don't have any amazing story about these boys, but they went on to be very productive. Helped the farms, brought seeds, didn't all quit when one died as a child. One of them helped me stop a griefer by nabbing her arrows and putting them in his backpack. I stabbed her. I don't normally stab that much in one life, but sometimes the stars just line up that way, you know?

Anyway, I gave chosen one my blue hat when I was old. He got killed by a boar as I was dying of old age. I saw him run past with red text: "Chosen one down!" he cried.

I'm glad we raised those boys. It was a fun life and they were fun to play with.

I just wanted to bring this up because so many people won't raise twins. I've quaded with streamers, and I like to think we know what we're doing when we spawn in. Just give us a chance if you have the resources to spare. I totally get it if you're an Eve though, really.

I've been a child of twin mothers. One time I got abandoned but an aunt saved me, Told me her Twin was new. I don't have the lineage link but they lived long lives. It's an interesting occurrence when twins reach old age and simultaneously die at 60.

I can manage twins, Triplets abd Quads are hard  Very taxing to feed 3-4 babies at once, It's difficult to save them all. If they are compotent I could raise them.

But generally I don't think it's worth it most of the time. Even if you successfully raise them there is no guarantee they will be good, They could use up all the food and cause a famine and die out in 5 mins.

#3 2018-08-20 06:01:54

startafight

ive only had good triplets once. that was when i adopted em as a male right after the play with friends feature was launched. they did good work n always said "ily dad" which was cute. that was until i died then they went on to kill a few ppl. otherwise ive only had shitty twins

Last edited by startafight (2018-08-20 06:02:11)

#4 2018-08-20 14:40:45

Catfive

WomanWizard wrote:

triplets today. Griefer trio 3 times seen. Just kill them and save aggro later

#5 2018-08-20 22:04:54

Solbusaur

Im always willing to raise as many kids as I can (Apart from when I'm an Eve) but there was this one time where there was a cursed baby among them. I was their brother at the time, and tried to convince my mother to starve the cursed one, but the other 3 were too willing to mask him. Since they all look identical we couldn't tell who was the cursed one, especially when they were all on the same tile. Eventually we had to just starve them all, the mother found it too stressful.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#6 2018-08-21 16:59:11

WomanWizard

Solbusaur wrote:

Im always willing to raise as many kids as I can (Apart from when I'm an Eve) but there was this one time where there was a cursed baby among them. I was their brother at the time, and tried to convince my mother to starve the cursed one, but the other 3 were too willing to mask him. Since they all look identical we couldn't tell who was the cursed one, especially when they were all on the same tile. Eventually we had to just starve them all, the mother found it too stressful.

To be fair, the others probably would have suicided anyway if the cursed one died. Letting them all go is you best option.

But seriously guys, I know you all have horror stories about multiple births, but I'm asking for the good ones here. I refuse to believe you've all only ever had bad twins in your games, especially since I've been a productive twin/quad myself in multiple games.

#7 2018-08-21 19:04:12

Tea

In one of my life, I had twin sons once who were very sweet. They spawned first as my sons but starved and then were reborn as my sister sons. They helped a lot, gathered food and such, and even after one of them starved, the other one stayed until the end. Really nice boys !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#8 2018-08-21 19:26:34

Lotus

I’ve never had any trouble with twins or triplets and have never had quads. Sammy and Samuel were my smol sweet bois who worked hard day in and day out. Lake and River were best friends who spent their lives improving the civilization. Alexander and Alexandra... well, Alexandra was an ass through and through, but Alexander was a nice little boy who helped my Eve camp expand. (For some reason, they were twin brother and sister, is this a glitch?) Misty and Spirit were productive and sweet. Castle and Tempest were adorable. Evee, Evea, and Evelyn were very helpful.

Never experienced a team of griefers.

#9 2018-08-22 01:32:15

WomanWizard

Tea wrote:

In one of my life, I had twin sons once who were very sweet. They spawned first as my sons but starved and then were reborn as my sister sons. They helped a lot, gathered food and such, and even after one of them starved, the other one stayed until the end. Really nice boys !

Reminds me of the twins that kept spawning into my game and couldn't seem to coordinate if they wanted to stay. The first time I raised them they starved as children, second time they ran off, third time I asked if they would stay this time and one said yes, the other ran, fourth time I asked if they would stay and they both said yes. They eventually grew old enough to have their own kids, I just had to give birth to them four times before that happened. We had the resources to spare, so it wasn't a big deal. They ended up being good eggs.

Lotus wrote:

I’ve never had any trouble with twins or triplets and have never had quads. Sammy and Samuel were my smol sweet bois who worked hard day in and day out. Lake and River were best friends who spent their lives improving the civilization. Alexander and Alexandra... well, Alexandra was an ass through and through, but Alexander was a nice little boy who helped my Eve camp expand. (For some reason, they were twin brother and sister, is this a glitch?) Misty and Spirit were productive and sweet. Castle and Tempest were adorable. Evee, Evea, and Evelyn were very helpful.

Never experienced a team of griefers.

Were they actually twins or just happened to be born at the same time? I know before the friends system was implemented, you could be born as twins if you and another player were born to the same mom at the same time. It was just something that happened occasionally, not something you coordinated with a friend.

#10 2018-08-22 01:45:00

happynova

I had twins yesterday and didn't even realize it!  I only noticed one of them when they were born.  (In my defense, I was in the middle of a cluttered berry field area and there were a lot of babies running around.)  I picked that one up and fed her for a bit.  Then she jumped out of my arms and took off while I was trying to name her.  I started to get annoyed and yelled at her not to run off, until she told me, a couple letters at a time, that she was looking for her twin.  Oops.  Fortunately someone else had picked the other one up and fed and named her.

It was a really big town, and I didn't see much of them after they grew up, but they seemed to be productive citizens.  Family tree shows they died at an advanced age from a bear attack, and one's final words were about protecting the town.

And I still feel embarrassed about missing that second twin.

#11 2018-08-22 19:42:26

WomanWizard

happynova wrote:

And I still feel embarrassed about missing that second twin.

Poor kid, but at least somebody took care of her twin. I feel like losing track of multiple babies is what leads to most twin/triplet/quad deaths. When I play anything more than twins I make sure to tell the others to stand on separate tiles so mom can keep track of which ones she's fed. Makes things so much easier when your quads aren't in a baby pile, you know?

Board footer