One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-10 19:44:50

YO

How to install the nudity mod

I don't know how to install the Nudity mod if someone could tell me that would be nice thank you.

#2 2018-03-10 23:04:29

Durtturbine

Re: How to install the nudity mod

Directly from Jason himself

Jason wrote:

"About the mod
This game has nudity in it. That's an important part of the game, and I'm no friend of censorship. I especially don't want to censor my own work, or build censorship directly into my game. So there will never be a "nudity filter" checkbox built into the game that will be easily accessible to everyone.

However, I do realize that certain video outlets have draconian policies about the depiction of nudity. I do want people to be able to make videos about the game and post them everywhere.

So, I made this mod. It is not an official part of the game, but it can be used by end-users to remove nudity details from the game, by simply making them 100% transparent and thus invisible. After all, as an open source game, people are free to mod the game however they see fit.

Please think carefully before using this mod. It's NOT how the game is intended to be played. Is it really necessary in order to post at your favorite outlet? How likely is your video to be flagged or reported if you show the game in its natural form? After all, this is non-sexual, abstract cartoon nudity on very tiny game characters.

How to install
First, you might want to back up your existing sprites folder so you can restore it later. Just make a copy of it into another folder.

Next, copy the contents of the mod's sprites folder into your sprites folder inside your OneLife game folder. When asked by your OS, tell it to replace the files. Make sure you copy the .tga files directly. Don't drag the sprites folder itself into the other sprites folder.

That's it. Next time you run the game, the nudity will be gone."

Last edited by Durtturbine (2018-03-10 23:13:06)

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."      ― Takeshi Shudo

#3 2018-03-13 01:40:13

moop

Re: How to install the nudity mod

Durtturbine wrote:

Directly from Jason himself

Jason wrote:

"About the mod
This game has nudity in it. That's an important part of the game, and I'm no friend of censorship. I especially don't want to censor my own work, or build censorship directly into my game. So there will never be a "nudity filter" checkbox built into the game that will be easily accessible to everyone.

However, I do realize that certain video outlets have draconian policies about the depiction of nudity. I do want people to be able to make videos about the game and post them everywhere.

So, I made this mod. It is not an official part of the game, but it can be used by end-users to remove nudity details from the game, by simply making them 100% transparent and thus invisible. After all, as an open source game, people are free to mod the game however they see fit.

Please think carefully before using this mod. It's NOT how the game is intended to be played. Is it really necessary in order to post at your favorite outlet? How likely is your video to be flagged or reported if you show the game in its natural form? After all, this is non-sexual, abstract cartoon nudity on very tiny game characters.

How to install
First, you might want to back up your existing sprites folder so you can restore it later. Just make a copy of it into another folder.

Next, copy the contents of the mod's sprites folder into your sprites folder inside your OneLife game folder. When asked by your OS, tell it to replace the files. Make sure you copy the .tga files directly. Don't drag the sprites folder itself into the other sprites folder.

That's it. Next time you run the game, the nudity will be gone."

do you know where I can find the mod itself?

Board footer