One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-12 20:34:08

Misho

Unplayable.

I've got a 100/100 line but I'm experiencing hard network lag and desync to server. There are invisible people everywhere and it's like there are 2 or more civilisations on the same spot. Tools and food keep disapearing infront of me and farms are going empty even though I'm constantly managaing it.

People are literally typing out "is there someone there?" when we are 2 tiles appart.

And those are the few instances when I actually surive past age 1 because nobody wants to take care of a baby it seems.

Good choice releasing off steam though, I can't refund my game easily. I wish I would have known the private servers don't require you to waste 25$.

Last edited by Misho (2018-03-12 20:35:39)

#2 2018-03-12 20:42:46

InSpace

Re: Unplayable.

I have the same invisible people and things disappearing bug when there is alot of things going on.

#3 2018-03-13 01:26:31

Antarys

Misho wrote:

I wish I would have known the private servers don't require you to waste 25$.

The game is fearly new and being worked on actively. Furthermore, I have only seen this problem once in 20 hours of gameplay so far and I'm palying from Japan. But the point is, even is you play on private server, it's a good thing to buy a game to encourage developer's work. Private servers use the same game version and will continue to update as the game is being updated.

#4 2018-03-13 02:11:42

aFilthyPeasant

Have you tried to download the debugger and help this single developer improve the game? Or did you create an account and immediately come here to complain how this newly released game is glitching out?

#5 2018-03-13 02:45:35

machinegunnun

Where can I find the debugger?

#6 2018-03-13 04:16:37

WawaHoagie

aFilthyPeasant wrote:

Have you tried to download the debugger and help this single developer improve the game? Or did you create an account and immediately come here to complain how this newly released game is glitching out?

In Misho's defense, he did pay for a service that he feels is not living up to what it should be. That's how the economy works, at least in most of the modern world. Have you never felt ripped off? Have you ever tried to fix someones broken product off the shelf? I doubt it. We all understand it takes a lot of effort for one person to make this game, but you have to question at this state of the development, is it worth the price of investment? Will he see a return on that investment? Right now, to Misho, his answer is no.

To me, I like the game a lot, I think it's excellent work, but I paid to play the game,  I didn't receive a copy of the game for free so I could debug it. I have a job, I play the game when I'm not working, why should I work for free? Will I report a bug, sure! Will I deep dive into the problem, no, I get paid by people willing to make a fair exchange for my time solving their problems.

gottahava
    _V~
  Wawa

#7 2018-03-13 06:02:17

Laddy

Misho wrote:

Good choice releasing off steam though, I can't refund my game easily. I wish I would have known the private servers don't require you to waste 25$.

You must be simple, if you paid with paypal you can easily dispute the transaction, didn't pay with paypal? You are simple!

Don't do this though, it's a fun game.

#8 2018-03-13 06:04:29

mumaklob

Is there anything the player can do to reduce these lag issues?

#9 2018-03-13 06:05:13

Portager

mumaklob wrote:

Is there anything the player can do to reduce these lag issues?

It would seem the dev is working on fixing the issue.

#10 2018-03-13 07:24:42

Misho

Might be too rought right off the bat being released recently and all but it's as WawaHoagie says, as a customer I expect a certain degree of quality. I might be wrong but I haven't seen a "Beta" or "Early Access" tag anywhere, even Minecraft that this developer uses as an example of making money outside of steam had such tags for years. I know the game is continuosly developed but if it's not under Beta then I consider those regular updates past release.

Im also in game dev, albeit only a artist at a large company so I can't say much about the programming aspect but I know our most recent release came under a lot of pressure on release and has been steadily fixed over the year its been out but the difference is that people could try it for 2 hours on Steam and get a no questions asked refund if they found it subpar. Instead I have to choose if I'm going to keep it(to support the dev sure but why would I support something I don't like?) or go trough a potentionaly lenghty process with PayPal or my bank.

And yeah, I have my own job, I'm not looking to debug others for free.

#11 2018-03-13 07:40:07

Antarys

Just don't purchase games outside of Steam if you are the kind of person to hit people with PayPal claims/dispute.

#12 2018-03-14 15:39:01

Evermore

I'm with Misho here and would also like to know, if there is a possibility for a refund without going so far and use Paypal claims.
After playing this game for 30 minutes I just don't see how it could be fun for me. Maybe I just expected something different.

Board footer