One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-02 03:02:37

Auner

Re: [Disc] things you don't like about gameplay

Why can't we stack plates????

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#27 2018-08-02 05:32:06

elpargo

People just taking stuff you carefully planned while you are away looking for "what's missing", how inventory is weird (ie: backpack has 3 spaces but it's so difficult to make use of...) and clutter.... I think everything "common" should stack maybe stacks of 5? 5 seeds? 5 carrots? etc. Several "take until full moves" ie: berries, carrots?, water? see how it's weird depending on the item.

But I think stacks/inventory is the most important one right now. As it will clean up cities a lot.

#28 2018-08-02 08:11:23

PunkyFickle

elpargo wrote:

how inventory is weird (ie: backpack has 3 spaces but it's so difficult to make use of...)

Backpacks have 4 slots and if you find it difficult to use, you don't leave your settlements enough. Leave your backpack to someone who does, if you want to be efficient.
What it lacks though is the ability to cycle through the items stored in it, like for baskets. Putting stuff on the ground to access the others is very tedious. (Note : That might be what you meant by it's so difficult to make use of; then I do agree, but still want to point out that more "static" people like farmers or smiths should be low priority when it comes to backpack)

elpargo wrote:

I think everything "common" should stack maybe stacks of 5? 5 seeds? 5 carrots? etc. Several "take until full moves" ie: berries, carrots?, water? see how it's weird depending on the item.

Well, I kinda agree. Making baskets is not too difficult, though, as soon as you have carts or wheat fields. Basket maker should be a more common profession. (Besides, making at least one basket in any of your lives should be mandatory, at least in early settlements)

#29 2018-08-02 15:50:53

LaughAtlantis

Many things should be stackable.  Plates.  Bowls.  Piles of seeds. 

I feel like there should be some way to make sure Eves spawn within reasonable distance of something that has potential for a homestead.  I feel like half the time, I wind up running for so long (after landing in the arctic) that my Eve spawns are pointless. I'd love to have a higher success rate.

It feels like there's a birthrate problem - or ... something. I was living in a great city that had potential to keep going... and the six dudes living there realized we were the last among us. My brother and I were young, we lived out our lives and organized and prepped the place so that some fortunate Eve can some day spawn there and find a windfall.  But for thirty minutes I wandered around wondering... what went wrong? what is so hard about communal child rearing? why are birth rates even in cities? how can the game adjust to help "fix" and keep cities alive?

Ultimately I've been playing for about a month (two?  who knows!) but I'm getting a little bored. It gets samey-samey. I keep challenging myself to learn new skills, but there are times when I've been lineage-banned from the good towns, or there just seem to not be nay productive cities happening... and so it's just a lot of farming and spawning, gathering and spawning.  I want us to evolve; that was the lure of the game. We don't seem to be forwarding the motion much.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#30 2018-08-02 18:17:45

Turnipseed

Yes! Plates should stack like tortillas! Bowls too

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#31 2018-08-02 18:24:35

LaughAtlantis

Turnipseed wrote:

And seeds should stack like round rocks.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#32 2018-08-04 12:32:29

TrustyWay

LaughAtlantis wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:

And seeds should stack like round rocks.

Yes

#33 2018-08-04 13:16:24

Alleria

+1 to stacking items like plates, bowls, seed piles etc.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#34 2018-08-04 20:36:22

CynderR

I've been thinking about this a lot...
I have to say what I think this game needs is more recipes.
Maybe the stackable item solution is to instead to build items to stack items in. Make cabinets that need to go in building that allow for stacking bowls and plates. Make cold storage pits for food. Love the idea of seed pouches.
I think having multiple ways of getting the same task done and multiple uses for the same item make the skill of the game more of what you know and knowing what can be done with what lies in front of you.

#35 2018-08-06 01:31:20

Morti

TheRedBug wrote:

I hate that there isnt more stew recipe.
I wanna put a mushroom in my stew T_T

Mushrooms, onions, carrots, potatoes and beef.

Now that is a stew!

#36 2018-08-17 04:05:34

Monolith_Rans

There is a lack of festivals of celebration.  I would like to see some ceremonial masks, dancing, fireworks, music, etc.  Can we please have some moments of leisure when life is getting good in our town?

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#37 2018-08-17 04:45:30

xxx90x

Neo wrote:

Lineage bans,  What's wrong with playing as your own grandkid to finish your projects. Just apply it to people that murder or if people curse them. I hate it when i live a life in the only good town and I'm forced to play in trash towns for hours.

Also the so called curse system has little effect.

Besides that there is the inability to be a father in the game. The adoption feature was a step in the right direction but if you name the kid then it should be turn into your son/daughter and appear under you even if your male. Also the ability to marry would be pretty cool .

Neo What are you talking about?
In the real world, the father is of no value. They are useless because they can not bear or care for babies. If you just want to be called "father," ask a female character for marriage and ask her child to be called a father. Because the subordination of mankind is parasitic to women, it is selfish that men who do nothing do so want rights. In reality and in games

#38 2018-08-17 11:21:56

marsrider
Website

I dislike the lineage ban and some permanent towns - we have to start over and over again each night, like there is no tomorrow. Very rarely I see lineage that span into 40-50hr. Clutter is a big issue for big towns, not possible to stack things

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#39 2018-08-17 17:57:13

Mad_Villager

Mr.XIX wrote:

Things that are permanent.

Talking about ponds, rabbit holes, cactus, filled trashpiles.
When I build my house, I want to be able to clear all tiles.

Me and some other people made a huge castle like building and like somewhere in the middle there was an random cactus. A shovel should be able to clear it i'd think.

EDIT: Also just found out about the linage ban. Seems just off putting.

Last edited by Mad_Villager (2018-08-17 18:00:54)

#40 2018-08-18 01:46:00

Auner

I think lineage ban might be different now- I've returned to my previous life's community before- saw my own kid grow up :'). Glad it's no more if if that's the case.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

Board footer