One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-15 23:16:27

Tea

The Story of Adrian Tree and his friend Harold

This is the story of a boy named Adrian Tree and his dear friend Harold.

His mother gave birth to him in the middle of a Savannah, while she was hunting for some rabbits to make some clothes and backpacks. During his birth, he hit his head on the hard ground and some say, that this is the cause of his .... mental illness. But except for a little bruise on his head he was fine and cried to let his mother know that he was alive.

She named him Adrian. Adrian Tree. She looked after him until he was two and then decided to get him back to society, because the sight of skinned rabbits could scar her child for live.

They traveled for some time until they reached the Tree City. Adrian was set at the fire, next to the other kids. His mom said her good byes and continued her hunting trip, knowing that her son was in good hands.

He grew up healthy and when his little hands started to be strong enough to hold a basket, he went to the berry farm and worked his hardest. While searching for more soil, he came across many corpses. Ancestors resting, forgotten.

And there he was. Sitting next to a tree, relaxing : Harold.

Adrian sat next to him and they started to talk, enjoying the nice weather. He noticed that Harold's legs were ... bizarre.

"What happened to your legs?", he asked.

"Oh ... well ... I had an accident that involved a goose. I tell you boy, those animals are the pure evil on earth!"

Adrian felt sorry for this man, not being able to move and seeing the growing town. So he offered his new friend to carry him in his basket and showing him around. Harold was very grateful and accepted. They spend a wonderful time together, observing the sheeps, running from the goose and talking about everything and anything.

People started talking behind Adrian's back. One Lady came up to him and asked :"Who are you talking to ?" "Harold, of course, my friend.", Adrian answered, confused about her question.

"Dude, he's dead."

"No he's not ! He is very much alive."

"No, you're holding bones in a baskets."

"What are you talking about? You're crazy.", he said and went off, angry that people would be so rude to his friend. This Lady continued to try to convince him that Harold wasn't there or even alive and it started to annoy Adrian. Why would she say that ? Why isn't anyone stopping that Lady who's being very unpleasant.

But fortunately his aunt was there to help him. She told Adrian that she was an old friend of Harold, that she could see him and that he shouldn't believe those who say that he was not normal. Harold was happy to see an old friend again and told Adrian stories about their adventures in the town. How they chased down a Bear who invaded the city. Or that time they pranked the chef by hiding the cooked bread and eating them all next to the sheep pen. They had stomach aches for days !

They had a wonderful time together. Adrian even helped Harold to find a wife or husband but unfortunately, no child at the fire wanted to marry his friend.

Time passed. During those years, killers invaded the town and some people got hurt. Soon after the killing incidents his aunt passed away. She said her good byes and told Adrian to never change before her soul left her weakened body. Adrian and Harold buried her next to a beautiful tree and soon after, they had to bury Adrian's Mother next to her. Adrian was crushed, the two most precious people in his live passed away. But Harold kept him company and manages to cheer him up a little. After all, they still had many adventures waiting for them and they still had to find a wife or husband.

Some people were still trying to convince him that Harold was only in his hand and that he has been carrying a basket full of bones with him but there were some people who smiled at this silly man and even tried to start conversation with him and Harold.

Soon his hands became weaker and the basket heavier. He became grey and old and knew that the time will come when he will no longer be able to carry his friend. He was sad and didn't have the heart to tell Harold that he will be gone soon too. Just like his aunt. Just like his mom.

Before he dies, he wanted to make sure that Harold will be in good hands and not alone anymore. And he did find someone! A woman named Helena Tree finally accepted Harold's marriage proposal. They were very happy together and Adrian was relieved. His friend would be okay, because he had Helena and this nice uncle who buried Adrian next to a tree. He said good bye to his friend, leaned next to a tree and died peacefully. 

So much has happened in this City: murder, betrayal, fear .... but those memories will vanish and the Tree family will only remember the story of a boy named Adrian and his friend Harold.

In loving memory of Harold - may you always be in that basket my friend !

Adrian Tree

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-08-15 23:38:07

Randomname

Re: The Story of Adrian Tree and his friend Harold

So you were the annoying dude that was trying to get my toddlers Willow and Rowan married to a pile of bones, I was seriously considering taking you out with a bow lol

#3 2018-08-16 15:08:26

Tea

Hey Harold thought they looked cute and they were very rude because they ignored us sad

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2018-08-16 17:22:03

Aurora Aurora

Awww that's adorable. I always love playing mentally ill characters.

̶A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶F̶r̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶B̶i̶r̶d̶i̶e̶

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#5 2018-08-16 17:41:53

Ilka

t's a great story. I cried with laughter after reading about your adventures.

Board footer