One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-09 11:38:20

Sassbre
New User

Eve only or disable eve spawn

Some advanced respawn options might be nice having New players have the option to not spawn as an eve but increase their odds of ending up in a town where odds of surviving are greater and they have time to learn and play rather than starving a starter village when they arent being very useful with their time, or just straight up die soon as we spawn in because they run into wild animals, dont know how to use a sharp stone to dig up carrots, start a base near no water.

Might help to have more larger towns grow when more advanced players decide they have more fun starting a civilization, sometimes when you spawn into a large town you aren't sure what you can do that hasn't already been done or the job you want to do someone is already doing and you just get in the road, resources are stripped for miles around.

May get less griefers stop some just doing it out of boredom in a big town.

#2 2018-08-09 21:42:00

PeaGirl

Re: Eve only or disable eve spawn

To be frank, that would sound like a good idea. It would also give new players a choice to not make people upset by being noob and not being serious of trying to make a proper base (or naming the family... been there done that too.). Although if griefer was trying to become eve and is ended up in a ready village instead.... why not just go suicide? Shouldn't take long time until you pop as eve instead.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#3 2018-08-10 06:48:46

LaughAtlantis

I learned a ton from my early Eve spawns. Yes, I gave up on some. And I was utterly hopeless on my first. But I also had one that - largely because I had some smart kids - went to nine generations. It’s not a bad run these days!

Last edited by LaughAtlantis (2018-08-10 06:49:24)

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#4 2018-08-10 07:19:37

The_Llamacorn

The Eve spawns would probably drop a lot since I'm pretty sure a lot of people prefer living in a village than starting from scratch. And I feel like the point of the game is kinda to not be able to choose t.ex. how you look, where you spawn etc. And I think it would actually be easier for new players to learn if they were an Eve because you get to learn the basics from the beginning and it's ok if they mess up because nobody will get mad at them so there's much less pressure.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#5 2018-08-16 05:03:52

elpargo

I sgguested something like this in the official suggestion (ie: REddit) go find it and upvote it.

Board footer