One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-14 04:56:51

Aurora Aurora

One of my new favorite things to do!

Don’t you just hate it when the server just reset and you REALLY don’t wanna play as eve for the 34th time today? Well fear not! Because I bring you: Fucking with people in the tutorial!

If you didn’t already know, In the last room of the tutorial it lets you build whatever you want with a set of limited tools. If you make both an axe and a shovel you can chop down a tree that’s blocking the outside world. When you do a sign saying “Go North — Go south” will greet you. If you go either detection you’ll come to another identical tutorial room with another player playing the tutorial.

So what I like to do is chop down their tree and tell this (Almost) guaranteed new player that I’m from the future and the world will end unless they come with. I get them in my entourage and then move on to the next tutorial building. Rinse and repeat until I have an army of players who can’t even make a fire thinking I’m from the future.

It’s fun.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-08-14 07:17:07

The_Llamacorn

Re: One of my new favorite things to do!

This. Is. Amazing. (accidental link, whoops)

Well done.

Last edited by The_Llamacorn (2018-08-14 07:17:51)

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#3 2018-08-14 08:43:16

JonySky
Website

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Don’t you just hate it when the server just reset and you REALLY don’t wanna play as eve for the 34th time today? Well fear not! Because I bring you: Fucking with people in the tutorial!

If you didn’t already know, In the last room of the tutorial it lets you build whatever you want with a set of limited tools. If you make both an axe and a shovel you can chop down a tree that’s blocking the outside world. When you do a sign saying “Go North — Go south” will greet you. If you go either detection you’ll come to another identical tutorial room with another player playing the tutorial.

So what I like to do is chop down their tree and tell this (Almost) guaranteed new player that I’m from the future and the world will end unless they come with. I get them in my entourage and then move on to the next tutorial building. Rinse and repeat until I have an army of players who can’t even make a fire thinking I’m from the future.

It’s fun.

to improve it, make a knife for each member of your army ... muahaha
I join your army of the future!

#4 2018-08-14 12:55:05

karltown_veteran

Yesss! I didn’t think that happened often, am glad. As well as doing that if you have time make a crown. Tell them you’re from the future and have come to rule them, and you command them.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-08-14 14:48:59

Lum

I used to do that when the feature came out. I scared a guy real bad by telling him I was an NPC

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2018-08-14 15:17:11

Aurora Aurora

Lum wrote:

I used to do that when the feature came out. I scared a guy real bad by telling him I was an NPC

Oh my god I need to do that!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#7 2018-08-14 21:50:18

carbon

First time I played the tutorial, someone barged into my flat. Thinking it was an NPC and there was a timer or something (but had a hunch that it could be a human player), I decided to suicide and start again. Happened again, introduced the same way so I thought for sure that it was an NPC with a set of dialogue it cycles through. On my third attempt (I wanted to escape using my own skillz), I finally got out before the invisible timer ran out, so I went North and came across another person. Dude said he wanted to make a knife, so I finally realized that they were fleshlings behind their smug faces.

#8 2018-08-15 22:15:02

YAHG

Murdering people in the tutorial sounds badass....

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer