One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-14 04:51:40

IAmBlue

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE BLACK WRITING IS ABOUT?

Scary...

#2 2018-08-14 04:57:49

Star

Re: SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE BLACK WRITING IS ABOUT?

Its if someone gains 10 curse points.

So say, someone said Curse ___ _____

They would gain a curse point.

If you do curse someone, you will need to wait another hour to curse (I think)

Bob <3

#3 2018-08-14 04:59:42

IAmBlue

Star wrote:

Its if someone gains 10 curse points.

So say, someone said Curse ___ _____

They would gain a curse point.

If you do curse someone, you will need to wait another hour to curse (I think)

What does it mean?

#4 2018-08-14 05:01:15

Star

It means they have been cursed.

You generally get cursed if you've murdered, been bad etc.

Probably should try leave these babies.

Bob <3

#5 2018-08-14 05:02:14

IAmBlue

ohhh, So you cant curse until your able to say enough letters?

#6 2018-08-14 05:13:13

Star

IAmBlue wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately.

Bob <3

#7 2018-08-14 05:19:31

IAmBlue

Still sounds like a good idea

#8 2018-08-14 06:14:58

Neo

Also its probably best to make a baby talk before you feed it.

#9 2018-08-14 07:15:29

The_Llamacorn

If they have black text it means that ten different people have all thought that they were a bad person and cursed them, so they have probably killed a whole village or something. Do NOT let these babies live, it's not worth the risk. And if you spot an adult with black text I would say kill them as quick as you have a chance, even if you die, it's worth it because you might have just saved your village.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#10 2018-08-14 12:27:06

tana

IAmBlue wrote:

yes but you can curse someone up to two hours after his death, so if he dies before you, you can still curse him once you've got enough letters.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#11 2018-08-14 12:52:19

marsrider
Website

Tana, amazing tip, thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#12 2018-08-14 17:00:01

YAHG

I got cursed for naming my baby Hilter, so you never know why peeps got those cool black letters cool

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#13 2018-08-14 20:29:18

IAmBlue

The_Llamacorn wrote:

If they have black text it means that ten different people have all thought that they were a bad person and cursed them, so they have probably killed a whole village or something. Do NOT let these babies live, it's not worth the risk. And if you spot an adult with black text I would say kill them as quick as you have a chance, even if you die, it's worth it because you might have just saved your village.

Need to let everyone know this!

#14 2018-08-15 00:22:53

Trick

IAmBlue wrote:
The_Llamacorn wrote:

Need to let everyone know this!

Letting cursed babies live is beyond stupid.  They are ALWAYS toxic players.  They didn't earn the 10 curse points by accident.

I am beginning to think that people who protect cursed characters are actually just as bad.  Or unbelievably stupid.

#15 2018-08-15 08:39:05

marsrider
Website

In fact I think we should curse already cursed players, so they keep their karma - otherwise, they play 1 life and it's back to normal (even they have 9 curses). So if you have a spare curse - keep cursing and killing them (in this precise order). They should drop the game at some point.

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#16 2018-08-15 09:31:06

Tea

I still see a lot of mothers keeping a cursed child and everyone is fine with it, letting it live through adulthood and old age.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#17 2018-08-15 09:48:09

coriander

Tea wrote:

I still see a lot of mothers keeping a cursed child and everyone is fine with it, letting it live through adulthood and old age.

I hate this.

"It hasn't done anything bad yet."
"It's a funny kind of a evil."
"I want to give it a chance."

Everyone acts surprised when it goes a mass killing spree a decade later. I have enough anecdotes about cursed babies to know they are bad news.

#18 2018-08-15 11:31:03

Trick

coriander wrote:
Tea wrote:

I hate this.

"It hasn't done anything bad yet."
"It's a funny kind of a evil."
"I want to give it a chance."

Everyone acts surprised when it goes a mass killing spree a decade later. I have enough anecdotes about cursed babies to know they are bad news.

THIS!

No sooner did I say, "she's cursed/she's evil/she'll grief" (hoping someone would murder her before she could start), she started murdering the town.

I told them they were stupid for letting her live (as I died from her shooting me).

It's beyond frustrating.

One chick was calling people some really terrible names (words I wouldn't repeat, which I am sure many of you will immediately guess), in her black text... and everyone just carried on like nothing was happening.  Why is this community allowing toxic players to play?

Methinks the curse system needs to be fixed such that if you are cursed, you can ONLY play as an Eve for a certain period of time.  Otherwise, you get these moron people who are like "aww but she's just a baby and she hasn't done anything yet!"  As an Eve, if you murder your own children, your line won't survive so it's self-sabotaging to some extent.  It's also much harder to grief when you're trying to survive.

Please Jason - fix this!

#19 2018-08-15 12:07:12

Randomname

Trick wrote:

They didn't earn the 10 curse points by accident.

Maybe they did, this was my message on the Bob Army thread

Randomname wrote:

Please, please do not do this again.  I was born a girl and my mother named me Jason, she also named all my brothers and sisters Jason.  She would name random kids Jason and run around saying you are Jason.  Of course some of them were griefers and the murder victims would say curse Jason which meant a ton of people cursed me the original Jason and not the Jason insert number who actually did the killings.

It is not fun and it is not clever.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=815588

I had a grandma once who was cursed and she worked really hard, was a fairly nice person.  I have no idea why she was cursed.  In fact of the four cursed adults I've seen in game only one of them did something horrendous in their new life.   

The first one I ever seen wasn't a productive member of society but she stayed near the fire and children flocked to her asking for her to speak in her cool black text, which she did for them (her words were not even rude).

I am not someone who would raise a cursed baby, I even let babies that do not talk starve, however not all cursed kids will be evil.
So kill them when young fine, but if you do not then don't murder them for no reason as an adult or even worse curse them for no reason.  If you do you are griefing them.

Also if you want to curse someone you can even do it in your next life, doesn't have to be the same town as your killer/griefer just same server.

#20 2018-08-15 12:38:43

Tea

Yeah, once the curse update come out, I met at least three people who asked to be cursed. They didn't do anything wrong or killed a city, they were actually working hard and asked to be cursed. Why? Maybe because they wanted to try it out and see how it works, maybe they just wanted to have a cool speak bubble.

Either way, if I get a cursed baby, I let it starve, I don't care if he/she might be nice. There is a high risk keeping it that I am not willing to take. If there is an adult, that is cursed but is working hard and not harming people, I mind my own business and keep an extra eye on her.

Once my mother kept her cursed son and he promised to be nice and so on. Past forward some years, and he was being rude and cursing the whole time. We ended up killing him but my mother wanted to protect him and tried to kill his killer. "He has done nothing wrong!" "He wanted to change" etc.

Last edited by Tea (2018-08-15 12:39:35)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#21 2018-08-15 12:56:15

TrustyWay

I really like when my mom gives me a troll/funny name such as a nazi one, it brings conversation in the village.

The mean people that needs to be cursed are the one killing my mom because she gave me a funny name.

I see a lot of antisemitic jokes everyday and I am jew. But when you confront these people who make jokes, you see the majority of them don't really mean what they say (except few those are the real nazi), like with the N word. They just want to joke around, but very few people are seriously antisemitic and racist. You can spott the serious one easily because of their anger.

#22 2018-08-15 20:46:42

Star

I had a cursed daughter, didn't even realise. She was one of the ones who was safe. Unfortunately, someone was fretting that she was cursed, and killed me and her. We tried to curse her but died to quickly.

In fact, it was bob army:

Randomname wrote:

Maybe they did, this was my message on the Bob Army thread

Last edited by Star (2018-08-15 20:46:56)

Bob <3

Board footer