One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-08-13 20:13:01

AltyBagU

Re: Update: Curses

carbon wrote:

Having new weapons won't be a deterrent, it's a game so griefers aren't THAT heavily invested in their lives to care about death. I agree that the respawn/reincarnation system puts this apart from the real world. A powerful mechanic like that needs something equal to balance it. Is cursing strong enough to offset it? I don't know.

Although I do find the punishment system to be pretty intriguing as a concept. Maybe something like an atonement system? But who'll be the one to decide the extent of the punishment/the moral laws in a society: the game system or the players? Who makes the rules? I think the players should have the power to decide that, not the system.

In the game, I was born in a city where they killed all males. In the real-life moral system, that's outrageous (although a certain country did something similar before with a one-child policy in the past), but in the game, if the majority agrees on this, wouldn't it be the accepted rule, therefore morally just in the closed system?

This is why having less of the moral system imposed by the game mechanics are for the best. So the bias isn't from the developer, but from the players building the society.

Social justice is inherently evil so giving people the power to "forgive" is not needed at all but the curse system is just fine. I never said anything about having more weapon's in the game so please read my comment's a little slower and take in the meaning. I gave a pretty good solution on a biological level of thinking that does not go against human biology so it's completely foolproof and without exploits unless implemented wrong. You're twisting what I'm saying so make some sort of unknown argument is frustrating to say the least.

I'll tell you how you can exploit the system you came up with. You go and kill and grief as much as possible but then have a doubles account come to forgive you so you can do it all over again. Simple and that's why Social Justice is evil. Now for the curse as is, is a top notch idea because if you kill people or what not then you get cursed and you redeem yourself by proving to the game system itself and not other's.

As for my banning people idea it can be held off right now because this game is not huge yet so the developer has the time to think of a system later down the road. Think about it in all multiplayer games there is not one game that does not have a (ToS) terms of service and for very good reason.

#52 2019-02-23 12:47:29

tur178

I have 2 curse score i can see it bottom right corner but it isn't going down although I've been playing for 2 hours ? what can i do?

#53 2019-02-23 14:47:10

Spoonwood

People have said things like the tutorial doesn't teach you farming or cooking.  That would be a bit involved to change, sure.  Here's a simpler thing that I find kind of strange and would be easy to improve upon.

Usually, before finding a spot it's by no means impossible to complete a stone hatchet, rabbit snare, and a fire bow drill.  But, at least not if I'm missing one before the torch area, there's no curved branches before the smithing area.  So, there's no way to make a fire bow drill before reaching the smithing area, before reaching the smithing area (again, I find that strange in comparison to normal gameplay).  Thus, I think it would make for an improvement to have a curved branch in the torch area.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#54 2019-02-23 15:46:22

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

Also in this update, along with few fixes, is a new home arrow distance estimate if the home arrow (or bell tower) is more than 1000 tiles away. And the tutorial has been updated with a few new things.... even veteran players might want to take another look at it, especially past the end area.

So, I looked at the update log and went in the tutorial area and made an axe, shovel, steel file blank, chisel, steel blade blank, and a cart (making a cart without an adze, froe, or mallet... it's the tutorial area... there are boxes around).  I did the tutorial area on server4.  I went north, saw some other tutorial areas and then stopped seeing tutorial areas after a while, still going north.  I also saw the lassos in desert bug, but I digress.  Is the change that tutorial areas aren't so far away from everyone else any longer?  That's my best guess... I didn't pick up on any other changes.  What are those changes?

Danish Clinch.

#55 2019-02-23 16:27:56

CrazyEddie

Spoonwood, this news post is from July of last year.

#56 2019-02-23 16:42:54

Spoonwood

CrazyEddie wrote:

Spoonwood, this news post is from July of last year.

Thanks Eddie!  I assumed it was a new update, because it was at the top.  That's completely my error.

Danish Clinch.

#57 2019-02-23 23:53:08

Bob 101

Nice necro guys.

Board footer