One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-12 18:06:20

Ellesanna

My name was Albert West FIRST TIME PLAYING

I was born to my mother shortly after my older sister. Mother must have been weak, for she died mere moment after having me. Her name was Amanda. My uncle, Apollo, named me Albert and my sister Emma. Yet it was Emma who looked after me. She was older than me and was strong enough to move on her own- she gathered berries for me until I too was grown. We worked hard, me and Emma, separately but never apart in heart. I looked after the carrot farm and wove baskets together while waiting in the fields. I wandered off into the wilderness and discovered many eggs which I brought back to the village. I went out into the wilderness once more to gather clay and when I returned I saw the new generation making loads and loads of omelets- which created a time of plenty. I went out into the wilderness once again and brought back wheat seeds which I planted into the soil and tended till maturity- it grew and the mothers of the village used it to make bread for their children. What a wonder! I didn't know how to make bread- nor how to make omelets- but it was satisfying to see what little I could offer was helping the village. I had watched an older man when I was younger set traps to catch rabbits and decided to try that. I gather two snares in a basket and went to the fields of yellow grass and set the traps. While waiting, I made more baskets and ate wild carrots. I brought the rabbits and the baskets I had gathered back to the village, but while I was traveling back I noticed the grave of my uncle Apollo laying near the grave of my mother, Amanda, who had died 30 years ago. It filled me with such sorrow that after I had dropped off the rabbits to the village cooks, I went back for them to lay them to rest in the village cemetery- where I was able to bury my mother and give her a headstone. I wanted to write something, but I was illiterate and could not. As I made my daily trips to gather rabbits, I noticed many bodies laying around- nameless and alone- and while I couldn't give them names nor did I wish to accompany them into the void just yet, I gathered their bodies whenever I had time and laid them to rest with our ancestors. I found both ancient bones long forgotten and the freshly dead bodies of my nieces and nephews had by my sister, Emma. I watched the dawn of a golden age full of smelting iron tools and bread and butter happen in my brief existence and know it now to still be going. In my final years, I thanked my aging sister for her contributions in my early years of life and then gave my pants to the son of one of the mothers, who gave her thanks. I hope that my family live on in prosperity.

#2 2018-08-12 18:44:30

CranfillCrusher

Re: My name was Albert West FIRST TIME PLAYING

I wonder who Apollo was ? (me)

#3 2018-08-12 19:58:32

AmyJ

Glad to hear the farm is still going strong. I was your great, great, great grandmother, Pilot West smile

#4 2018-08-12 20:02:30

Ellesanna

CranfillCrusher wrote:

I wonder who Apollo was ? (me)

Hi Fam! Thanks for giving me a name when my mother couldn't. I appreciated it!

Board footer