One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-11 17:12:27

powa

Question on the Direction of the Game

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've been around.

I pretty much stopped playing and participating here after some changes around early May regarding respawning.  I believe it was made basically impossible to return to a settlement upon death.  I can't remember the details, but it became clear that Jason's vision for people to never return to their old work was to dominate.

I'm just wondering how respawning in this regard now stands three months later.  I'm interested in trying out the new content, but am one of the apparent majority who don't like the above mentioned attitude (see this old poll I made at the time: https://strawpoll.com/9dry4hy5; relevant post here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=1423).

So, is it still basically impossible to respawn nearby where you last died?  Maybe there's some in-game achievement like reaching old age that allows you to come back??

To be clear, it's okay if the game isn't for me!  I'm not trying to harass Jason and the community for a feature that has been advertised since day one.  Just hoping that the vision might have become more moderate over time.

#2 2018-08-11 17:31:01

MultiLife

Re: Question on the Direction of the Game

I am also interested in knowing where the game is supposed to go towards to. I started playing last month so I wasn't around when people could spawn as their own grandkids. There is some cooldown, lineage block if murdered and I am still unsure how it is functioning and how it should be functioning in the future. Like, are players supposed to have no chance or minimal chance to get back in few tries or are they supposed to "move on" and help other families?
The baby runners ruin so many small families. sad But if people could always get right back, how much would that affect getting new places up and running? Would people stick to the biggest towns they get in or would they use it for setting up more towns? I personally don't like big cities so I wouldn't want to spawn in one place constantly.

I checked the poll, I'd say I'd vote for "2.5" or 3. I'd hate to spawn a griefer right back to the place. But then I think it would be good that players who want to get back in their places could up their chances so they wouldn't have to do the baby running from other families. Maybe a blessing system to up their odds or whatever YAHG's suggestion was.

Anyways in my experience I have spawned into my old Eve village as I died to Old Age with my home marker set. It took a week of some playing hours (wasn't trying to get back) until I spawned to the familiar, now crumbling town and repopulated it, so there's that. Just in case I've lived some Old Age lives if there is any chance to spawn in "not-my-Eve-camp" places too but I think that is impossible currently.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-08-11 19:02:47

Aurora Aurora

If you die before 30 you could get respawned into the same family again.

It's more like 30 years in the family all together so if you die at 11 the first time and 20 the second you can't come back.

Then It's a 3 hour cooldown period until you can respawn in the same family after those 30 years.

Hope this helped!
Cheers!

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-08-11 19:03:30)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#4 2018-08-11 19:54:22

Neo

Basically your noob kids can respawn but you can't.

#5 2018-08-12 05:22:51

MidgetMaker

if you don't play with the rando's on the main server you can respawn over and over to same place.  use one of the empty servers to start a camp.  if you die of old age as an eve, you will respawn there.  you can play for weeks in the same camp, you just wont have any babies unless people purposefully join the server you chose.

Board footer