One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-05 09:28:57

Baker

Chaotic Town

My mum didn't want me but I stood in a good tile asking "Y" but mum largely ignored me. I was about to starve when someone finally fed me a berry, They dumped me on my aunt and she raised me from then. My mum was complaining about someone stealing her rock while she was trying to build a pen, I went up to her and told her "Mum-I-Live" but she still ignored me. I lost track of her and she died sometime during my childhood.
I even finished her pen but she was long dead by then, She probably has no idea that one of her sons survived. My two brothers weren't so lucky.

After a while I noticed twins being born, I told the mother to keep an eye on them as they could be griefers. Then a twin girl came up and bitched at me for a bit, "Are you dumb" "Nothing wrong with having friends" or something along these lines. I don't think I'm dumb because I told people to keep an eye on them, I've seen twins grief many times so I was just being cautious. I didn't mean to offend.

Later on, a bunch of drama happened and someone got shot, Pretty sure it was the twin from earlier. The aunt that saved me earlier had killed her and people were saying that the twin had tried to kill them apparently. Then my Aunt got stabbed by a dude. Claire, I'm sorry to say but I didn't exactly miss you after you died. I don't know if you really were trying to grief but you weren't exactly the nicest person.

After that, it was pretty normal. Someone got sheep in and I died of old age. Seems like I lived a longer life then most in that town.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=792748

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#2 2018-08-05 10:55:46

MultiLife

Re: Chaotic Town

Yeahh, griefer-wise triplets and quadruplets seem safer than twins... Also, raising twins is a gamble even if they are not griefers: if one goes and dies accidentally, the other one will kill themselves, so you might have wasted resources on raising them just to see them both die suddenly. Twins should expect harsh lives as babies and accept in silence that they are not quite worth the gamble most of the time instead of getting offended...
About getting offended: in my experience, I was in a small town and birthed a girl who hopped off my arms constantly, like she was avoiding the naming, and wouldn't say anything (hiding the speech bubble possibly?). I was really worried that she was constantly trying to run off to a nearest bear pen to grief the town with no weapons and once she saw no bear pens she sat in my arms a bit longer, giving me enough time so I could drag her far into the wilderness and leave her there. Some babies later, I birthed another girl, and as I held her to name her, she hopped off. I caught her, but she did this again, so I couldn't get to name her. I ran after her as she ran to a bonfire to merge into the baby pile. The nursing-lady was feeding them all, and I said to her, "Don't feed that girl", to which my daughter barked: "R-U-D-E". Well soooorry little princess, you are acting suspicious and this situation is ringing alarm bells in my head, so yeah... She did get fed and grew up in the end, thankfully she was not a griefer, she died as an adult to a Grizzly Bear (maybe some griefer-kid did find a bear pen eventually, the nursing-lady did feed EVERYONE while I did harsh baby tests to my spawn due to our town being constantly in famine). So whoever you are Fiona Sorbo (she got a name from the nursing-lady afaik), know that you acted really suspicious as you hopped off my arms like that. Don't do it as a mom is trying to name you and you are good. I would have raised you if you would have let me name you and hold you but you just had to run off to the baby pile bonfire.

Back to OP's message: anyways great to see you lead a long life apart from the sticky start!

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-05 11:28:45)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-08-05 18:02:54

Lotus

You can name babies by standing near them now.

#4 2018-08-05 18:54:02

MultiLife

Lotus wrote:

You can name babies by standing near them now.

I've been having issues with this: if they are really small babies the name won't stick to them (I say "You are Baby" but they hop off before I hit enter, it won't stick to them), but if they are older I can name them by standing nearby.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-05 18:54:34)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer