One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 19:30:02

Catfive

A beautiful fucked up family - the Summers

Managed to kill off a pair of 'griefers' that often work together more than once or twice in the last hour or so and still managed helping establish settlements. Last one my sis helped her daughter kill me at the end, I was killing all kids I had, sorry kids but they were out for revenge big time and spawning in our village repeatedly.
Anyone stepping out of line got it! I told my niece too make sure she stayed safe and had kids but in the end she had to kill me off with sis's help but I didn't care, we were a tragic, hard as nails, very loving family the Summers and succeeding while trouncing some very bitter wannabe griefers, tons of fun! Susan loves you Whitaker and your mom, I hope we get to do the same again someday smile

In the days of UO an analogy came to be that there were sheep, dogs and wolves amongst players. The sheep were, what was first coined 'carebears' the wolves the player killers (PKs) and the dogs defended the sheep from the wolves in theory.
You may think wolf was top of the chain but the truth is it was the dogs, the players who wanted the biggest challenge played as dogs, Fighting wolves day in, day out, outwitting them and when the PKs stayed away no one would miss a couple of sheep you see. The dogs fought the people hell bent on killing anyone because they, in truth, loved to kill players and as dogs could do it whilst achieving the other side of the game as well, the wolf isn't the top no, the dog is.
I just played with another dog and remembered how much fun it was.

I never thought I'd see UO again nearly 20 years after it peaked, so very glad I have found it.

edit: Whitaker and Mary reached 60 and had Whitaker's kids are on there now too!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=769454

Last edited by Catfive (2018-08-02 19:37:55)

#2 2018-08-02 20:40:19

LaughAtlantis

Re: A beautiful fucked up family - the Summers

I was one of your kids. You were griefing.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#3 2018-08-03 13:33:39

Ilka

Oh man. This is my first forum post. So, welcome everyone.
I am Whitaker. And my head hurt me from your pseudo philosophy. The truth is, that some like to destroy others having fun. I started to play this game because I liked the concept of building the world together for future generations. Unfortunately, it turned out that there are a lot of people who prefer to smash everything like stupid children. You do not make for this ideology, because it is acting at the level of trampling sand buildings who belongs other children.
You are the first person killed by me in the game (I play intensively for 2 weeks).
And I wonder who my strange daughter was? Was this a new player who could not even eat alone? I thought it was you, Susan, came back and want revenge.
I took her last child. I regret that I did not take the other two. And so our family died out. Because of suicidal children and griefers.

#4 2018-08-03 16:17:35

Catfive

Ilka wrote:

Oh man. This is my first forum post. So, welcome everyone.
I am Whitaker. And my head hurt me from your pseudo philosophy. The truth is, that some like to destroy others having fun. I started to play this game because I liked the concept of building the world together for future generations. Unfortunately, it turned out that there are a lot of people who prefer to smash everything like stupid children. You do not make for this ideology, because it is acting at the level of trampling sand buildings who belongs other children.
You are the first person killed by me in the game (I play intensively for 2 weeks).
And I wonder who my strange daughter was? Was this a new player who could not even eat alone? I thought it was you, Susan, came back and want revenge.
I took her last child. I regret that I did not take the other two. And so our family died out. Because of suicidal children and griefers.

Such a shame you could not see what was going on with pairs continually acting together but outside town, only staying long enough to eat food and then rushing off screen (long before any culling) to be found making bows, obviously innocently right? lol
I established the compost chain, restored the farming, sheep, berries for you etc. The children all with the same name didn't freak you out despite them being mine and having run away so I could not name them? The sponges never helping but making bows in the wilderness didn't freak you out? How about the one knife we had only being recovered form one of their corpses after I shot them with a bow?

I contribute massively in any town I spawn in and no one who helps and is productive gets killed, but be a sponge and start acting weirdly with no explanation or mouth off in game and yeah, your future remains bleak and short. I wouldn't have returned to grief btw, or could you not see me saying a friendly goodbye to Mary, your mum after she helped you finish me off?

Meh if you don't get it now you likely never will.

#5 2018-08-03 18:12:58

Mark_W

Is that sheep confusing a dog for a wolf lol XD   Its kinda fun going for griefers. SOme seem oblivious of them. like THEY GONNA KILL UR BABYMAKERS!!!! oh well? Tho I read a tip, hold the mouse button down! Griefers behaviour does become obvious if u know what they are up to. Mostly the problem is the sheep killing the dogs after they kill the wolves hahaha. Oh man that happens nearly everytime, if they kill a griefer near town someone stabs them. Now they pretend they are sorry but as I write I wonder if they do it jus for the kick really wink

#6 2018-08-03 18:21:26

Mark_W

Think my moment was as a Fury. had a main town. i had a side part back up and a southern town. SOmeone built a road. It was pretty successful. I played a few lives there. 2nd time the southern town had been bandoend but was in great shape. So I dropped a few daughters there haha. First time tho I was crusiing aroudn wiht a bow, think somethign shady or somene so was looking for boar or wolves. When the northern village..all about 5 of them big_smile were chargin thru the forest. One armed wiht a bow I was like uhoh its on, someone is pissed I bet. And yep someone had apparently stolen from the southern village, so it was pitches and torches time hahaha, it was awesome. So I marched wiht them. looked better two bows yeah? So we all charge into the village, there was 4 of them. Dont think some of them even knew the nrth village existed. So after all that. the other guy with a bow was out for blood right or wrong. And some I think innocent girl got shot, she became the peace offering. Then we agreed to terms and They went home again. hahaha Would be cool to seemroe long term villages. I find multiple places works best. Away form the crazy babies for real setup, and the mad house of the main incubation area hahaha. I abandon al males atm. Unless its really cruisy. As they cant continue the line so pretty pointless in that regards and thats the hardest thing. But what Im finding is other males adopt them and raise them big_smile
IF Im not out in the wilderness when they are born Ill see them later on tagging along behind uncle lol. Im always noticing in case they want revenge! None have yet. Some boys have even respawned back as girls and saved the village. Ive noticed the few times we have all been put in the one server was when towns went really big. And lasted. I watch how many plaer sin server so I have noticed a big difference. When it goes over 50 in a server the big places seem to survive.

#7 2018-08-03 21:28:08

Catfive

Mark_W wrote:

Is that sheep confusing a dog for a wolf lol XD   Its kinda fun going for griefers. SOme seem oblivious of them. like THEY GONNA KILL UR BABYMAKERS!!!! oh well? Tho I read a tip, hold the mouse button down! Griefers behaviour does become obvious if u know what they are up to. Mostly the problem is the sheep killing the dogs after they kill the wolves hahaha. Oh man that happens nearly everytime, if they kill a griefer near town someone stabs them. Now they pretend they are sorry but as I write I wonder if they do it jus for the kick really wink

Oh hell yeah you have to watch the sheep when they're in herds and startled, they'll trample you!

Just make sure you are full fed before you go in for the kill and if it's some troll that hasn't been spotted by them, get out fast as your mud wading legs will take you big_smile

Alternatively, actively stalk them. This one is more difficult and you'll need to be following their exit to spot where they're hiding their weapons etc. I could tell you the most likely spots but not on here for obvious reasons big_smile - zoom out mod helps for this and just about every other aspect of the game.

#8 2018-08-03 21:29:26

Catfive

Mark_W wrote:

Think my moment was as a Fury. had a main town. i had a side part back up and a southern town. SOmeone built a road. It was pretty successful. I played a few lives there. 2nd time the southern town had been bandoend but was in great shape. So I dropped a few daughters there haha. First time tho I was crusiing aroudn wiht a bow, think somethign shady or somene so was looking for boar or wolves. When the northern village..all about 5 of them big_smile were chargin thru the forest. One armed wiht a bow I was like uhoh its on, someone is pissed I bet. And yep someone had apparently stolen from the southern village, so it was pitches and torches time hahaha, it was awesome. So I marched wiht them. looked better two bows yeah? So we all charge into the village, there was 4 of them. Dont think some of them even knew the nrth village existed. So after all that. the other guy with a bow was out for blood right or wrong. And some I think innocent girl got shot, she became the peace offering. Then we agreed to terms and They went home again. hahaha Would be cool to seemroe long term villages. I find multiple places works best. Away form the crazy babies for real setup, and the mad house of the main incubation area hahaha. I abandon al males atm. Unless its really cruisy. As they cant continue the line so pretty pointless in that regards and thats the hardest thing. But what Im finding is other males adopt them and raise them big_smile
IF Im not out in the wilderness when they are born Ill see them later on tagging along behind uncle lol. Im always noticing in case they want revenge! None have yet. Some boys have even respawned back as girls and saved the village. Ive noticed the few times we have all been put in the one server was when towns went really big. And lasted. I watch how many plaer sin server so I have noticed a big difference. When it goes over 50 in a server the big places seem to survive.

Interaction between settlements would be fantastic! Of course you never know who is spawning inside your own walls and being brought up to bite the hand that feeds it..

#9 2018-08-04 10:02:32

Ilka

Ok. Now I understand the whole story. During your farewell with my mother, one of my fleeing children was born. So I have not heard almost anything from your history. I considered you a griefer who murders everyone.
In spite of everything, I am worried about state of mind of more experienced players. It seems to me that they murder others without good reason - "because he does not do anything", "because there were too many people", "because he upset me".
In my opinion, only murder justifies the elimination of the evil unit from the game.
Anyways, I'm sorry for killing you. It looks like you wanted to protect others

Last edited by Ilka (2018-08-04 10:08:04)

#10 2018-08-04 19:33:34

Catfive

Ilka wrote:

Ok. Now I understand the whole story. During your farewell with my mother, one of my fleeing children was born. So I have not heard almost anything from your history. I considered you a griefer who murders everyone.
In spite of everything, I am worried about state of mind of more experienced players. It seems to me that they murder others without good reason - "because he does not do anything", "because there were too many people", "because he upset me".
In my opinion, only murder justifies the elimination of the evil unit from the game.
Anyways, I'm sorry for killing you. It looks like you wanted to protect others

It's fine, if I had lived there much longer there would be a hell of a lot of my former kids coming to cause trouble and wanting revenge, with me gone and everything ticking over nice in the village you had the best chance smile

Board footer