One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-04 00:10:36

indigo_x
Sleeping User

Is there a trick to finding towns as an eve?

Back in the good old days, before the apocalypse, you could run around as an Eve and easily find an abandoned town or village and re-populate it. Now of course, that doesn't seem to happen anymore. And yet, I have been born now a few times to an Eve who is in a large village or town - how did she find it?? Or is it just that she got lucky?

#2 2018-08-04 00:47:04

annjust

Re: Is there a trick to finding towns as an eve?

She just spawn in the ghost town, one time I just spawn in a livetown, behind a boy in the berry farm, he was surprised my appear. : D

Last edited by annjust (2018-08-04 09:06:51)

#3 2018-08-04 02:57:25

Turnipseed

Luck or bell

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-08-04 03:08:52

startafight

sometimes u spawn near one but not in it, then u have to track it down using clues like a detective (a sharp stone, cut reeds, random carrot seed). otherwise its luck or bell like everyone else says

#5 2018-08-04 15:04:48

CynderR

It's not fail proof and I don't do this unless I find myself stuck without water and green grass for the first few years, but what I look for is cactus fruit and eggs on ponds.
If you see them, someone has run by, if you don't your probably running off into new uncharted territory.
Then once your on a trail look for garbage (sticks, chipped rockers and flint), and stick to green area's and water areas missing reeds

#6 2018-08-04 18:45:46

Monolith_Rans

I’ve spawned into a town as an eve about five times and it’s great.  I have heard that it is because I died there of old age and my home marker is still there.  I wonder if this is true or just a legend???

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#7 2018-08-04 18:48:40

Monolith_Rans

When I am looking for a town I head either North West or South East.  I saw a chart of Eve spawn locations and decided that most towns fell on those lines.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#8 2018-08-04 21:33:22

MultiLife

Jason said Eves who die of old age can spawn to their old home marker locations. A forum member West told this to me in my thread about me spawning into my old town a week later as an Eve. smile

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-04 21:33:55)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2018-08-05 00:13:39

indigo_x
Sleeping User

Cool, will have to make sure I always have a home marker wink

#10 2018-08-05 01:03:53

FeignedSanity

MultiLife wrote:

Jason said Eves who die of old age can spawn to their old home marker locations. A forum member West told this to me in my thread about me spawning into my old town a week later as an Eve. smile

That only works if you're the only person on the server. Jason implemented it as a "single player" measure. If the game were to ever get to a point where there was only one person playing, they could still play by using this system. The rule is that you have to be an eve, have to die of old age, and you can't be ever be reborn as someone's kid otherwise it's lost.

As far as eve's spawning into old cities, it's purely luck. The way the eve spawn system works, it's bound to happen eventually. There is no trick, just a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good chance that an eve will spawn into an old city at some point.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

Board footer