One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 02:37:50

Bearfut

This game should have a user generated lore by now, but we dont

I think that this may be because the servers go down for every update and everyone in that civilization dies. There are no perminant civs that can be set up for some reason. It could also be that the game is just too hard at the moment and most civs die before we can even set up communication. Maybe if little paths show up on commonly walked routes like in real life. Perhaps we could use some sort of smoke signal tech to send out limited beacons. They could stack on each other and be able to produce stronger signals. Maybe a civ with 5 people to operate smoke signals could send out a stronger signal to closer people and be able to reach farther at a reduced rate. This could increase communications or even attract eves.

I like the carriage idea I read about on the forums. Maybe it could hold two people or more at the cost of storage space so if one person dies, the whole set of gear isn't lost. We could also use astronomy tech to locate ourselves on the map but that could lead to a meta-discussion between civs that I sense Jason is trying to avoid. 

The main point I'm trying to make is that we should be communicating and trading but for some reason we can't seem to do that. Maybe even the bell had a physical marker that could tell us where is coming from and how far. In real life we can gauge how far an object sounds and where its coming from no matter if we have a home marker set or not.

#2 2018-08-02 03:24:28

Neo

Re: This game should have a user generated lore by now, but we dont

There is the belltower but I don't think it's that good. It's just not worth the time it takes to build. It does tell a ton of people where your civ is but they are lifetimes away.

Anyways I remember we used to have some lore, We used to have gods for every major food type but that seems to have died off.

I wish that towns were closer to each other so we could have Trading, Wars and roads. Maybe Eves could spawn a bit closer to active towns and cities. As time went by you'd have little Eve camps popping up around your town.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-02 03:44:29)

#3 2018-08-02 05:20:29

elpargo

Re: This game should have a user generated lore by now, but we dont

it's a tricky thing... I have read that back before the apocalipse town even had names... I think sign should be way easier so we can have this stuff happen more.

Board footer