One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-12 06:59:38

aFilthyPeasant

Legend of the Baker's Skirt

I started as a child, my mother bringing me to a place that was almost deserted save for one man. We had many carrot plots and an oven, kiln, and forge. I saw we had wheat threshed on the side and began to take up baking pies. I cooked many carrot pies and eventually even more rabbit pies. We sustained ourselves well from our new found surplus of food. We had children and another baker was born. This time a young blonde girl, myself an older, brown man. We baked many pies together. I lived to be 58 and died from starvation, not wanting to use up more of the food i worked so hard to create for them.

Towards the end of my death I gave her the skirt my mother gave me. I told her it was the Baker's Skirt.

Fast forward just a few minutes after my death. My roommate sits right behind me and also has the game. He was actually born into that village, recognizing the layout and the blonde woman in the skirt. Once he was old enough, he told her "bakers skirt".

"Bakers skirt!" She replied! He told her that he was friends with the man who gave her that skirt, and that we were roommates.

Sadly, during my roommates lifetime, they had too many children and failed to teach them the ways of pie baking and farming. Food shortages began and the blonde baker starved. My roommate starved at the age of 29 trying to eat a raw minced rabbit and carrot pie.

We had carrots on the left next to a partial wall, with a kiln, forge, kiln, and two ovens in a row. I think people began making shallow wells to try to sustain the water. Not sure if it will continue, but it was really cool seeing the remains of my own work through my roommates character's eyes. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this game will continue to be developed!

#2 2018-03-12 08:25:38

Portager

Re: Legend of the Baker's Skirt

Awesome story, these are the kind of moments that make this game so special.

Unfortunately, most civs end in an overpopulated disaster, but the journey from conception to collapse is still a fun one.

Board footer