One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-27 09:21:56

AnobeseWalrus

One man built a town

I was Prince Epifanio the first son of Eve. My mother set us up in the middle of a desert which should have been the first red flag. The second red flag was when she didnt do anything to help build up the camp. She didnt even make her own basket. I made the camp's fire tools, kiln and bellows thoughout my life and even got to some steel tools. My youngest sister Ender lived to 34 and I took it upon myself to save her youngest. I got some stuff started for those two kids (a boy and a girl). I hope it was worth it as any veteran player would immediately suicide upon seeing the conditions of the camp. It looked like they were well on their way to recovery though as the bushes my sister planted were going to fruit soon.

I hope they live long.

Prince Epifanio
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=712120

#2 2018-07-27 16:35:34

VioletLily

Re: One man built a town

I was Berry, Ender's granddaughter. I did notice the location was a little odd, but the camp had actually grown quite well despite this. We had an excess of food and things were going well. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. My mother Sweden had 2 girls (me included) that stayed. Sadly my sister Kinda perished by snake bite with no living children. As the only girl left, I was desperate for a daughter. I had eight children and only three of those stayed (sadly all sons). All others ran off at birth. We were so desperate that we ran after the last girl, begging her to stay (I was very close to old age at this point), but she showed no mercy. We then all set out on a (very) desperate search for an Eve with no luck as far as I know. I try to make the best of any situation I am born into, and believe me I really tried with this one. This was one of 2 towns (almost 3) I witnessed die tonight. All because people kept suiciding. The other towns were really nice too. Nice locations with a lot of resources. I have never seen so many people suicide before. Many mothers went entire lifetimes without one child who stayed. There is no way that cities will be able to grow if this keeps up. It's sad really.

#3 2018-07-27 17:13:18

Neo

VioletLily wrote:

I was Berry, Ender's granddaughter. I did notice the location was a little odd, but the camp had actually grown quite well despite this. We had an excess of food and things were going well. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. My mother Sweden had 2 girls (me included) that stayed. Sadly my sister Kinda perished by snake bite with no living children. As the only girl left, I was desperate for a daughter. I had eight children and only three of those stayed (sadly all sons). All others ran off at birth. We were so desperate that we ran after the last girl, begging her to stay (I was very close to old age at this point), but she showed no mercy. We then all set out on a (very) desperate search for an Eve with no luck as far as I know. I try to make the best of any situation I am born into, and believe me I really tried with this one. This was one of 2 towns (almost 3) I witnessed die tonight. All because people kept suiciding. The other towns were really nice too. Nice locations with a lot of resources. I have never seen so many people suicide before. Many mothers went entire lifetimes without one child who stayed. There is no way that cities will be able to grow if this keeps up. It's sad really.

You know it's likely the same person each time.

Where you by any chance in the Bullet family earlier. In the end I was the last one alive.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=711749

#4 2018-07-27 18:50:01

Anandamide

The problem with baby suicide is that towns are hard, its more fun being like eve's grandchildren, a spot has been found for you, but there is still plenty to do. I hate being in a finished town, it just feels pointless since the tech tree essentially ends with sheep. So you have new people who dont know how to do anything, making a developed town intimidating to them, and vets are bored and dont want to waste an hour not advancing a civ. Just wait for more shits on the tech tree and it will get better.

#5 2018-07-27 20:46:41

JellyLegs

Neo wrote:

Where you by any chance in the Bullet family earlier. In the end I was the last one alive.

A bit off topic, just felt like mentioning that I happened to be part of the Bullet family as Blue III. My mother, Violet, left the town early to start her own but unfortunately she only ever had one son. We had quite the nice civ going though.

[[would post links but I just made an account]]

#6 2018-07-27 22:20:53

VioletLily

Anandamide wrote:

The problem with baby suicide is that towns are hard, its more fun being like eve's grandchildren, a spot has been found for you, but there is still plenty to do. I hate being in a finished town, it just feels pointless since the tech tree essentially ends with sheep. So you have new people who dont know how to do anything, making a developed town intimidating to them, and vets are bored and dont want to waste an hour not advancing a civ. Just wait for more shits on the tech tree and it will get better.

I can understand how cities can be intimidating for new players. Jobs are often a little more complex in cities than in early game. I think cities are the best places to teach though. You don't need to worry about that early-game rush to get things done. I taught a guy to compost yesterday. I barely finished teaching him before I died though. Poor lad. XD

As for the vets though, I find it odd that so many find cities boring. I can always think of ways to advance the city I am in further, and there are always jobs to do. I would think vets would be better at finding a worth-while job in a city than some of the newer players. Maybe they just like the early-game rush?

I do agree that the tech tree needs to advance a little further but this definitely takes work and time on Jason's part, so I will be patient. smile

Board footer