One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-27 02:31:57

startafight

clipperton - irl ohol

its odd how ohol echoes the "nature" of humanity. not just of the violence, but also how "the oppressed" stick together

i just learned of the stranded women of clipperton. the tldr of that is it was a small colony that was stranded without supplies and all the men died out, leaving only a few women and children. after a storm the estranged lighthouse keeper of the island came out, gathered all the weapons, and declared himself king. he was a tyrant and prone to violence.

this story reminded me a lot of the early days of ohol tyranny, when people would make crowns, get a knife, and declare themself ruler. its strange how people tend to gravitate towards violence with power

im not saying that the suffering of real people is equivalent to an hour of rp, but it really reveals a lot about what we think of when we claim the title of "king"

just a small thought for the night. goodnight all

#2 2018-07-27 19:24:27

Turnipseed

Re: clipperton - irl ohol

startafight wrote:

its odd how ohol echoes the "nature" of humanity. not just of the violence, but also how "the oppressed" stick together

i just learned of the stranded women of clipperton. the tldr of that is it was a small colony that was stranded without supplies and all the men died out, leaving only a few women and children. after a storm the estranged lighthouse keeper of the island came out, gathered all the weapons, and declared himself king. he was a tyrant and prone to violence.

this story reminded me a lot of the early days of ohol tyranny, when people would make crowns, get a knife, and declare themself ruler. its strange how people tend to gravitate towards violence with power

im not saying that the suffering of real people is equivalent to an hour of rp, but it really reveals a lot about what we think of when we claim the title of "king"

just a small thought for the night. goodnight all

I kill monarchs... lazyness is punishable by death, and if all you do is ride around on a horse and spout orders im gonna kill you.

This is a team game, if everyone works everything turns out great. Theres not a need for a management role.

Its just like if i see someone cooking 10 bowls of salt water when we only have 4 cabbage, and no kraut board.

Or someone just lounging around sponging food all their life "Rping"

Last edited by Turnipseed (2018-07-27 19:28:27)

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer